CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Well...I mean...Not to start a history class or whatever, but the Republican and Democratic philosophies began to switch around the 1920's so take that how you will.

This is what I was going to bring up. Kids, pay attention in U.S. History.

Not to continue the class, but it depends on what aspects of the party platforms you look at . . . and when the text you are using was written . . . and by whom.  ;)

And I will leave my enigmatic statement there, with no further clarification forthcoming.  Muah ha ha ha ha.

If we had BR starts, then people would do the same thing as you describe, however, there would be NO incentive to move around the map since people spawn with their weapon of choice. 

So tell me why Halo 1 had incentive to move around the map when the pistol was the weapon of choice (easily a better weapon than the H5 BR no?)

It is because there were things called power ups and power weapons, which are things that you do not spawn with if you have BR starts. 

As for the comment about not moving because of better range, let me ask you, which game had more camping: Halo 2 or Halo 3? Which one had a weapon with better effective range? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine, ok, right, Flood Firefight... WITH FORGE. As in you place spawn zones for the enemies and a waypoint for where they want to go (when they can't see players). Then you can make maps around them.

That'd be unbelievably, indescribably awesome.

Not gonna happen, it's very complicated to do something like this. Having players tamper with AI like this is bound to create some major problems, and I'm assuming it would be a very big strain on your Xbox One (that is, if it can even operate within the specifications of the Xbox One).

I wouldn't say it's never gonna happen. Halo: Reach was supposed to have Firefight that was compatible with forge, according to some rumors.

Honestly, the reason why I was so pulled into Halo as a kid was all of the innovative features. None of them really happened before on console, or at least at that level of quality. Bungie always raised the bar with new things that enhance your gaming experience. I'd like to see 343 start to innovate like that. Not the gameplay neccessarily, but new tools and improvements to what we already have. I think a good example is a working spectator mode. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

As for the comment about not moving because of better range, let me ask you, which game had more camping: Halo 2 or Halo 3? Which one had a weapon with better effective range? 

Camping is less about the weapon than it is about the map.

We saw it in Halo 3 with Pit TS and Construct TS -- where the map was massively segmented and teams couldn't risk pushing down a lane solo -- pushes had to be coordinated or at least have a high% chance of coming away with a power weapon. (Construct TS eventually was modified to give a Camo to help encourage those pushes to be opened up by a solo play).

And we saw it in Halo Reach -sometimes on Sanc- (due to lane-based gameplay) but more often on Penance.

I think Vetoed was wrong to bring up incentive to move as being related to the weapon, although a weapon that is -easy- to aim with from that range is a concern.

I think people are overestimating the Halo CE pistol's power at -long- range.  Sure, it was still a fast kill time, but tell me who hits 100% of Pistol 3-shots cliff-to-cliff on Blood Gulch in Halo CE, versus who hits 100% of DMR 5-shots from Cliff-to-Cliff on Hemorrhage in Halo Reach.  The two aren't comparable.  And -that- is long range.  I don't want to spawn with a weapon that can consistently hit shots at that range, even if I'm relatively unskilled.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If h5 has space battles, I'll literally stain my jeans. It's even better now because battlefront won't have space battles so 343 would really be capitalizing.

It'd be one hell of an assassination. Since Battlefront is sounding more and more like your average online experience...

Not to continue the class, but it depends on what aspects of the party platforms you look at . . . and when the text you are using was written . . . and by whom.  ;)

And I will leave my enigmatic statement there, with no further clarification forthcoming.  Muah ha ha ha ha.

History is bae though...Making a 97 in my course right now with my exam scores averaging 101.25 so whoop whoop.

If only History transferred over to Halo, I would be a legend lol

This is what I was going to bring up. Kids, pay attention in U.S. History.

Yes some of us do. Then as we get older we learn the real history of the US as we read non school text books.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It'd be one hell of an assassination. Since Battlefront is sounding more and more like your average online experience...

as soon as I heard ea was publishing I knew it would have their scent all over it, I've been saying this from the beginning. "Let's have half the game come out and add dlc later because we want to make money first before a good experience". They just want to get the game out when episode 7 comes out so that the hype from the movie will bleed over, shortening the time the devs needed to make the full game.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I said this in the other thread, but:

Forge Flood Firefight.

My problem with an official poll (another thread) is that people will blindly vote for one thing or another, having not read this thread or thought about it in depth. 

Also, the main decision is between AR + Buffed Pistol vs AR + BR, since we'll always have (casual need) an AR in the loadout, and we're deciding on the utility weapon to complement it.

Pistols only, or BRs only, orange settings, etc. would essentially be wasted votes. This poll is for universal starting weapons.

The buffed pistol you are voting for here would be the same as the H5 beta pistol but with a) no recoil, B) improved smartscope feel, c) able to compete at range with a BR, but takes more skill at that range, d) outclasses BR in short range, due to faster kill-time and ROF.

In the beta, the pistol was a 5sk 1.1 second perfect kill. The BR was a 4sk, 1.34 second perfect kill. 

The poll is assuming that Pistol kill time stays somewhere between 1.0-1.2 second TTK, and the BR stays relatively the same; 1.3 - 1.4. TTK. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes some of us do. Then as we get older we learn the real history of the US as we read non school text books.

High-school history: How Squanto helped the pilgrims

College history: How Native Americans got shafted and fucked over. 'Murica

• Upvote (+1) 1

High-school history: How Squanto helped the pilgrims

College history: How Native Americans got shafted and fucked over. 'Murica

post grad studies the history of the founding fathers, Toma, trading with the enemy act, FDR stacking the courts, and Nixon setting the US to become the world's only super power and today's global empire.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Game has less content than Titanfall.

The team has been experimenting with an objective (one flag). This adds depth by giving you two ways to win the round: push the flag or eliminate the opposing team. It helps address stalling/camping when the stakes are high. No guarantees it'll ship this way but the results have been positive so far.

Invasion?

The team has been experimenting with an objective (one flag). This adds depth by giving you two ways to win the round: push the flag or eliminate the opposing team. It helps address stalling/camping when the stakes are high. No guarantees it'll ship this way but the results have been positive so far.

Good stuff on you settling into Team Beyond, would be nice to see Quinn post a bit more here though.

Nice to hear you guys working on Breakout. I really hope you guys implement Strongholds into competitive settings, because that mode is probably the best mode to come to Halo in recent years. Is the frame rate issues in Strongholds from the Beta resolved?

• Upvote (+1) 1

He isn't lucky... he has a lot of poutine, that's it.

tumblr_n1aqvdoRhi1rs8ziuo1_500.gif

Best food in the world. Hands down. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Have any changes been done to weapon/shield system? It was really hard to figure out, as it still had shields, but they were weaker or guns were stronger. 

With the already fast kill times in H5, why not keep Breakout the same as regular Slayer? Would be a more unified experience.