CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This wouldn't work, as thrusting is nearly instantaneous, you'd have to press them at the same time. It's not like Sprint where you have time (unlimited time in fact) to press the button to slide.

Also, I thought we wanted taking Sprint out to create a domino effect and take other abilities with it?

thruster is far from instantaneous, there's a large enough window in there to get one of those abilities off, it's difficult but not impossible. The goal is to get rid of sprint, slide and charge don't harm the game in any way.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Now that mcc is out idk if h5 will have a decent population after a month. Ill prob still be playing hardcore.

MCC doesnt have a decent population.... soooo....... ?

One of the problems with Truth is that people hear "inspired by Midship" and immediately compare it to that classic map. We took inspiration from Midship but didn't want duplicate it in terms of layout or size. We wanted something that had its own character. It's interesting because fans of OG Midship think it's a giant monstrosity while newer players generally like it. It's certainly not my favorite H5 map, but I do enjoy playing it.

Since beta the lighting has improved to allow for better player visibility (no more blue team hiding in plain sight), the weapon placements have changed, and overall it plays much better (especially with the higher base speed).

the reason for that is that newer fans haven't taken as much time to analyze how the game plays on every aspect like older fans have, generally speaking. The map isn't a monstrosity, but if an older fan has an opinion of a maps design, it's likely going to be more informed, and therefor more valid because that person actually knows what they are talking about.

The amount of questions @sa1ient is directly answering now is starting to make me warm to H5G a little. He doesn't just say "We're doing this." he says "here's why". Very refreshing.

:holmes:  :holmes:  :holmes:

:holmes:  :holmes:  :holmes:

We have a Josh emote now?  :intel:

We have a Josh emote now?  :intel:

Yeah, new emotes are awesome. Kudos to the person(s) that makes these. 

This wouldn't work, as thrusting is nearly instantaneous, you'd have to press them at the same time. It's not like Sprint where you have time (unlimited time in fact) to press the button to slide.

Also, I thought we wanted taking Sprint out to create a domino effect and take other abilities with it?

I meant within the timeframe it takes for your Thruster to complete its animation, pressing melee or crouch during that time would cause you to charge/slide.  There's more than enough of a buffer window for the button inputs.

So when is the poll going up?

If you're voting for AR + Buffed Pistol starts, please + rep @@KurtiZ post on first page. 3rd post down.

If you're voting for AR + BR starts, please + rep @@VinFTW post on first page. 4th post down. 

Negs will not be counted.

(especially with the higher base speed).

I see what you did there. 

@Sal1ent 

1.When do you think the season2 of the sprint will air? and how many eps are you thinking of doing?

2. When will we get visual differences to H5 post-beta feedback? E3? 

If you're voting for AR + Buffed Pistol starts, please + rep @@KurtiZ post on first page. 3rd post down.

If you're voting for AR + BR starts, please + rep @@VinFTW post on first page. 4th post down. 

What if you vote for just ARs?

Or just Magnums?

Or BR+no secondary

Or BR+Magnum?

Why not just add a poll?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well...I mean...Not to start a history class or whatever, but the Republican and Democratic philosophies began to switch around the 1920's so take that how you will.

Back on topic: I still like Locke's visor

This is what I was going to bring up. Kids, pay attention in U.S. History.

This is what I was going to bring up. Kids, pay attention in U.S. History.

Eh, I didn't know about this until I was taking college level history so I wouldn't consider this widely talked about

Any chance if sprint is found to be terrible like usual youd do h5 hcs without sprint.

I think it's safe to say they will tune HCS to the most competitive experience as possible as casuals won't be in there. So if sprint doesn't work from a competitive standpoint, they'll take it out. 

Remember though, the further it deviates from the core game, the less interest it will get from the larger playerbase.

• Upvote (+1) 2

flood firefight

Imagine, ok, right, Flood Firefight... WITH FORGE. As in you place spawn zones for the enemies and a waypoint for where they want to go (when they can't see players). Then you can make maps around them.

That'd be unbelievably, indescribably awesome.

@@Sal1ent make it happen please.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Imagine, ok, right, Flood Firefight... WITH FORGE. As in you place spawn zones for the enemies and a waypoint for where they want to go (when they can't see players). Then you can make maps around them.

That'd be unbelievably, indescribably awesome.

@@Sal1ent make it happen please.

Not gonna happen, it's very complicated to do something like this. Having players tamper with AI like this is bound to create some major problems, and I'm assuming it would be a very big strain on your Xbox One (that is, if it can even operate within the specifications of the Xbox One).

Not gonna happen.

Oh really? I thought if I posted a single post about it and tagged Josh in it they would make it happen. I must be mistaken.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Oh really? I thought if I posted a single post about it and tagged Josh in it they would make it happen. I must be mistaken.

Sorry for the smartass reply. I edited it and elaborated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not gonna happen, it's very complicated to do something like this. Having players tamper with AI like this is bound to create some major problems, and I'm assuming it would be a very big strain on your Xbox One (that is, if it can even operate within the specifications of the Xbox One).

The dream is real though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If h5 has space battles, I'll literally stain my jeans. It's even better now because battlefront won't have space battles so 343 would really be capitalizing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If h5 has space battles, I'll literally stain my jeans. It's even better now because battlefront won't have space battles so 343 would really be capitalizing.

Dudeeee, that's what I said! If the new BtB is this big massive thing like in the Battlefront leaked footage from Free Radical waaaay back in the day, it would be amazing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1