CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

i thought this was Halo5 thread not cod are is this what it will look like every time there is cod info there is a lot of bashing Halo and praising cod hear. 

i thought this was Halo5 thread not cod are is this what it will look like every time there is cod info, there is a lot of bashing Halo and praising cod hear. 

No offense, but are you dyslexic?

I am not saying this to hurt your feelings, but your grammar is really bad, haha.

It's just upsetting to see CoD promote aggressive play and Halo promote defensive play. Defensive play is never fun to actually play and is mediocre at best/snorefest at worst to watch.

@@Sal1ent

I think the biggest issue with sprint is that you are basically useless while chasing people to do this. I believe you have said before that chasing people in h5 is like every other Halo in terms of ability to chase people down. The problem is, when you are chasing someone down, and are forced to sprint to catch up to them, you are instantly put at a disadvantage because you can't shoot while sprinting. I think if you could shoot while sprinting/thrustering the game would be a lot better.

• Upvote (+1) 8

No offense, but are you dyslexic?

I am not saying this to hurt your feelings, but your grammar is really bad, haha.

It's just upsetting to see CoD promote aggressive play and Halo promote defensive play. Defensive play is never fun to actually play and is mediocre at best/snorefest at worst to watch.

lol none taken. it doesn't help that i don't have my glass it's all a blur.

all i can say is that i'm excited for H5 I haven't like cod since BLOPS1   

@@Sal1ent can you encourage an mcc team member to join this site to answer a few questions? Or at least get together with bravo and write some posts about problems encountered and why the MCC was so broken on launch?

It would also be useful to get one or two select people from this community on a consultation to directly interact with the MCC team to get the settings right in the playlists. It doesn't seem like whoever is creating these playlists knows exactly how they should be set up. Every time a new list is launched there are blatantly obvious problems (and no I'm not here to gripe about non-br starts, I'm talking about other things that are objectively not correctly set up for the target audience playing the list).

• Upvote (+1) 3

They can implement all the bullshit from halo they want. I hate the game on a fundamental and mechanical level. Adding those abilities does the same job of attracting halo fans that adding cod mechanics to halo attracts cod fans. Doesn't work and will never work.

What an appropriate username

CDYV-uZWAAAmpG4.png

Enjoy your 10 days with Halo 5.

This is so close to H5 release I can see a lot of people just skipping Halo 5 altogether. All those sales that would buy H5 just to hold them over till BLOPS3 will probably be gone.

It's such an early November release... Halo 5 could have been end of November :/

FUCKING FUCK. I'm so butthurt.

Tbh I'm glad

Halo 5 needs to crash and burn hard for ms to make a big change to this series.

If there's even a 10% chance they'd get devs with a vision to return to halos roots I'd take it.

I'm hoping halo online takes off and that maybe mcc has a higher pop count in 2016 to prove people like the old style even more. If mcc worked at launch it would have happened for sure... Would be even more hilariously embarrassing if it happened with the current state mcc is in.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't have the heart to wish bad things upon Halo.  Even though I don't like the direction H4/5 is taking I love the series as a whole with all my heart.  Practically grew up on it, and spent way too much time chasing 50's or struggling to merge a box in the ground (damn Halo 3 forging).  I have faith the single player will be stellar in H5, I really do.  I just wish they'd give the MP the old arena try and play around with some barebone settings like we've been asking for.

I dunno, I just have a hard time believing that they've seen 'competitive' Halo to take it in the direction it's going.  They've got so many pros at their disposal that I'm sure they're not taking into full consideration.  Sitting down and watching Ogre play a game of dubs CE is so mind boggling next to a game of Halo 5. 

That, and they STILL haven't hired me as a map designer :P @@Sal1ent

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think Halo 5 would have to worry nearly as much about Black Ops 3 if it was closer to what Halo fans in general wanted. I think people wont see it as being different enough to keep playing when they've got a new game from the franchise (CoD) that does the whole modern FPS thing best from their point of view. If I was a big fan of other modern FPS games, I don't think I'd have much reason to play Halo 5 beyond completing the campaign because I don't feel it has its own unique and magical personality in multiplayer.

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Sal1ent

Thanks for responding. It's nice to see an informal outreach to the community as a whole. Honestly, as a diehard Halo fan, I'm not quite satisfied with the "we like the way it plays" thing. I thought we were going for the most competitive settings for Halo, not the this feels the most competitive to us mindset, but I digress.

We got a toggle option, so I can't be too upset I suppose. I would love to know who to speak to about the HCS Settings for H5 though. Is it possible to get a toggle any/all spartan abilities option? Sorry if this was addressed already but it can be hard to keep up with wants of the community and actual features.

I truly hope H5 can be the game that Halo fans want and truly deserve. Please don't make us regret not actually finishing the fight with H3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@Sal1ent

I think alot of people are thankful that H5 now includes a sprint toggle.However, only providing a toggle in custom game options will not be enough.

I realize this might be too early to ask about, but It needs to be considered to have at least one playlist from launch on that features no sprint settings.

I think many on here would agree that the HCS playlist should be no-sprint. While "we" might be the "11%", people interested in competitive Halo overwhelmingly favor no-sprint settings. This has been proven time and time again when looking at the sprint polls on this website and even on waypoint.

It is true that it might not be able to please everybody, but this would go a long way in throwing the "competitive community" a bone without treading on anyone elses toes, since people can choice if they want to play with or without sprint without having to resort to custom games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hardcore fans of Halo love the game without sprint because pre-2007 it wasnt really a huge feature in games except CoD, BF and Gears. Now basically all games have it and theres an entire generation of fresh faces to the franchise that were raised on the idea sprint is a necessity.

I totally get it. Its smart for making money.

I love there is a toggle and the lighting is toned way down. This has me pleased for once. Thanks @@Sal1ent

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I can’t really offer much insight into MCC because I didn’t work on it. Same goes for the rest of the Halo 5 team. 

That has to be absolutely maddening, to see the every-increasing amount of distrust that has to be overcome because of a project that is essentially independent.  Even if it's not spoken of externally.

I expect there will not be an official post-release MCC break down, but I suspect that if H5 didn't exist, MCC probably would have been delayed.  Someone probably felt the game was "good enough" and didn't want to disrupt the scheduled timeline (getting the beta on gime, having two "main" Halo's in one calendar year or only a single HCS season before switching games).  Hopefully in the future, if there are more independent Halo projects, the amount of talent needed won't be underestimated so this sort of spill-over into other games can be avoided.

I enjoyed the beta, still have high hopes as I know it's a different team- but I'm sure your average person will never know that.  Even knowing the teams are independent, after Doubles was not kept as a static playlist in MCC this week my second thought after the cursing was "I hope they don't do this in H5."  Guardians might as well release under 344 Industries, given the damage to the brand and the perceived linkage.  

I'm more focused on thrusting.

It's what makes it such a defensive/slow paced game. If I could thrust and shoot/throw grenades? Holy fuck, skill gap increases by a considerable margin as well as the flash/wow factor of big plays.

@

Unfortunately brother, I think Josh said they won't be changing it for w/e reason they thought is best :/

i would argue thruster isn't as bad as sprint because it still can be used skill fully, it's problem is that it's easier to use defensively than it is offensively. Combine it with sprint, and the whole point of thruster changes into just a simple boost into sprint to get away. Imo sprint is also a contributing factor

@@Sal1ent Good on you for answering. At this point I guess we can agree to disagree on sprint.  <_<

A custom option to allow shooting while thrusting/coming right out of sprint i.e. Evolve would be lovely though. 

i would argue thruster isn't as bad as sprint because it still can be used skill fully, it's problem is that it's easier to use defensively than it is offensively. Combine it with sprint, and the whole point of thruster changes into just a simple boost into sprint to get away. Imo sprint is also a contributing factor

I agree. I do think that thrusters have a place in halo

For people that don’t like it, we’ve enabled a toggle in customs so they can play without it.

I don't really think that a toggle option will resolve the problem because if maps will result to be big because of sprint, then they will be huge and unplayable with No sprint.

And besides that we want to play our game, our Halo on Matchmaking and not just on custom games.

But thanks for answering, it means a lot for us.