CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Wrong.

Good to see.

@@Str8 Kong

Toggles don't mean much if the default gameplay is as it is. In my opinion sprint and thruster in combination with these giant maps just make it a very bad Halo game and the better shooting doesn't make up for it. You're of course free to disagree.

Gamestop charging 26% apr to kids who dont know better, or 343 releasing a (broken) game to millions that dont know better?

Which is the lesser of the two evils?

And just to be fair, as anti-343 as I am (As well as H5) - I have been very deliberate in not telling anyone else to "not do" something.  I will shout loudly that H5 will never touch MY console, but I have made sure to try my best to not say ignorant comments such as "you are stupid if you play H5" etc. 

If you have fun playing H5 - then by all means go for it, there have been a few games in my life that I have enjoyed and been ragged on about by my friends.  If people can stomach whats being served by 343, then by all means - eat up!  But as for myself, I will not be fooled again by the hype.

*looks at sig*

Not telling anyone else to not do something huh?

• Downvote (-1) 1

How exactly are the stabilizers hand holdey?

Oh come on...

If you don't put yourself in an ideal position to continue to get shots on someone as you fall, then you can activate it and land more shots anyway. Also, it's easier to shoot accurately when you yourself are not a moving target. What this means is that there's less emphasis needed on positioning yourself well enough to make things easy in the same way. A button press achieves the same level of advantage with a lot less input from the player.

I'm not going to get drawn into a massive debate about this. I don't care enough about Halo 5 multiplayer to get involved in such a headache. Believe it's not a hand-holding thing if you wish.

Also to the jackass that compared halo 5 to aids, are you for fucking real?

ADS + sprint in a halo game = shit and it may as well = aids, too. Yes I'm for real.

This thread is slowly become a shit fest. It's not so much about different opinions, which are fine, I don't care if people hate the game or not, it's a fair point because its not traditional Halo, but acting as if its fucking AIDS or GARBAGE because it's not your cup of tea is like the gaming equivalent of that guy at the gym grunting as loud as he can and drinking from a gallon water jug and walking around telling people their technique is off.

I was stating my opinion. You're allowed to have a different one. When Halo 3 came out and had aim acceleration I literally could not play it and that is the biggest reason I don't like it. For the sake of your easily-startled enlarged heart I won't use any insults to degrade the game. If you don't like a variety of perspectives on Halo then shelter yourself at waypoint where you can get your daily dopamine pull from monotone people monotonously droning about 343's next "clever" addition to a once original franchise. Tell me, is there a point to you? What's your purpose? Why do you exist at all?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

All I saw was someone spamming jump hoping to get clambers.

Fucking disgusting.

In Halo:CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach and even the cancerous Halo 4. I could be in the middle of a gun fight, crouch jump backwards onto a ledge and jump again to get a virtually instantaneous height advantage all while shooting or to make an escape while still putting pressure on. No bullshit of having to stop, turn away from the enemy and than spam the jump button to clamber up a ledge.

Yeah I watched both videos and didn't exactly find anything too skill induced.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ADS + sprint in a halo game = shit and it may as well = aids, too. Yes I'm for real.

I was stating my opinion. You're allowed to have a different one. When Halo 3 came out and had aim acceleration I literally could not play it and that is the biggest reason I don't like it. For the sake of your easily-startled enlarged heart I won't use any insults to degrade the game. If you don't like a variety of perspectives on Halo then shelter yourself at waypoint where you can get your daily dopamine pull from monotone people monotonously droning about 343's next "clever" addition to a once original franchise. Tell me, is there a point to you? What's your purpose? Why do you exist at all?

Man if you think anything related to a video game is comparable to AIDs, lol...

• Upvote (+1) 1

This thread is slowly become a shit fest. It's not so much about different opinions, which are fine, I don't care if people hate the game or not, it's a fair point because its not traditional Halo, but acting as if its fucking AIDS or GARBAGE because it's not your cup of tea is like the gaming equivalent of that guy at the gym grunting as loud as he can and drinking from a gallon water jug and walking around telling people their technique is off.

But it is garbage for me. It's by no means a bad game compared to other shooters out there, but it's an awful Halo game in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We will remove pointless posts that don't contribute to the topic at hand. 

Continuous posts will result in bans, etc. Don't do it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Daily pointless post that contributes nothing to our community ^

Hate train is real. 

343 knew that these changes would cause a flame war within the competitive community. For a fact.

ESPECIALLY because they also knew MCC was going to be broken for a long time, way before launch.

Are you honestly telling me that it's this communities fault doing exactly what 343 knew it was going to do all along, given their decision to make H5 the way they made it?

How can you possibly be mad at someone for not contribute to the community, and yet still somehow not resent 343 for causing even more of a divide than there was before?

I can't fathom how you could possibly feel the way you do.

By the way, I wanted to like 343. God, you should have read some of the stuff I was posting on reddit before MCC about how "343 really changed", and how they aren't the same company that made H4, and how "I know whatever they decide to do with Halo 5 will be great". 

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@Hootspa I know exactly what you mean. When 343 announced Halo MCC I forgave them for how bad Halo 4 was. I thought "Wow, they must be really confident with what they plan to do with Halo 5 to release Halo 1-3 on Xbone". Things were looking up, everyone had hope, then MCC released and it's hands down the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced entertainment wise. I've learnt a lot from all of this though, and that is to not pre-order games and to not ever be hyped up for another video game again

• Upvote (+1) 5

All I saw was someone spamming jump hoping to get clambers.

Yeah I watched both videos and didn't exactly find anything too skill induced.

You guys clearly don't know what was going on in these clips, you don't  "spam" jump (don't know what that means), you have to jump from the right distance, start the ground pound at the peak of your jump and in cases where you are high enough grab the ledge before you actully ground pound.

If you didn't try using this during the beta you won't understand it I guess. It was a little more difficult than a crouch jump, but less difficult than a spring jump. 

In Halo:CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach and even the cancerous Halo 4. I could be in the middle of a gun fight, crouch jump backwards onto a ledge and jump again to get a virtually instantaneous height advantage all while shooting or to make an escape while still putting pressure on. No bullshit of having to stop, turn away from the enemy and than spam the jump button to clamber up a ledge.

You can do this in Halo 5? It was extremely hard to do in the beta since you only had a small period of time before you'd start to ground pound, but thankfully they're changing the ground pound to be on a different button to make crouch jumping (and ghandi hopping) easier. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ads sprint clamber... I am surprised anyone would ask that question.

He's asking why are they bad. People keep listing things and not back up why it's bad. Mostly just,"It's not Halo."

#DontBuyH5 

?

*looks at sig*

Not telling anyone else to not do something huh?

So I guess I have to break this one down and make it a little bit easier to understand, so let me try this. 

I would tell you DO NOT cross the street without looking both ways. 

NO I would not call you an idiot while you are crossing.

Make sense?

Halo 5: Guardians can be a great competitive title. Only if it retains players though. I had fun (for the most part) with the beta, and so did a lot of other people. Though a lot of people also didn't like the beta and don't like H5, that is perfectly fine. However, coming into the H5 thread daily to tell people a game they like is garbage is just going to cause problems.

I think that with a decrease in bullet magnetism after all these tweaks that 343i is claiming they are making, the game will be better than H3 and its BR that was only really effective after MLG boosted damage, and then even online the BR is still awful.

But it is garbage for me. It's by no means a bad game compared to other shooters out there, but it's an awful Halo game in my opinion.

and thats 100% your opinion, and you're entitled to it, and that's perfectly okay, not everybody is going to love it. 

So I guess I have to break this one down and make it a little bit easier to understand, so let me try this. 

I would tell you DO NOT cross the street without looking both ways. 

NO I would not call you an idiot while you are crossing.

Make sense?

Just stop. You got called out for contradicting yourself, move on and don't talk down to us.

He's asking why are they bad. People keep listing things and not back up why it's bad. Mostly just,"It's not Halo."

It is so obvious I am surprised that anyone would ask.

But the truth is all I needed to say was ads sprint clamber and he already knows why I said that. I don't have time or patience to go into detail if someone isn't serious in the discussion.

and thats 100% your opinion, and you're entitled to it, and that's perfectly okay, not everybody is going to love it. 

Just stop. You got called out for contradicting yourself, move on and don't talk down to us.

Not contradicting at all, clearly you did not understand what I was trying to say, or chose to stop reading at "not do" something.

You guys clearly don't know what was going on in these clips, you don't  "spam" jump (don't know what that means), you have to jump from the right distance, start the ground pound at the peak of your jump and in cases where you are high enough grab the ledge before you actully ground pound.

If you didn't try using this during the beta you won't understand it I guess. It was a little more difficult than a crouch jump, but less difficult than a spring jump. 

You can do this in Halo 5? It was extremely hard to do in the beta since you only had a small period of time before you'd start to ground pound, but thankfully they're changing the ground pound to be on a different button to make crouch jumping (and ghandi hopping) easier. 

Sorry but they still don't seem all that skill inducing to me. Someone a while ago posted a one that did seem a bit more skill induced but the ones you provided seem rather useless and don't seem like they're that hard to do. Especially on midship, I think a lot of people were capable of making those jumps.