CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm the biggest H5 supporter there is but yeah the sound design is for the most part absolute shit and most of the visual design is just as bad. 

The weapon beeps should go, but the headshot noise is pretty cool I guess. I have seen how it effects montages though so I guess it should go too

You're missing the point of having additional weapons at all.

There are three different types of weapons in a Halo game:

the utility weapons, the sandbox weapons, and the power weapons.

Theoretically, a Halo game can function without the need of sandbox weapons (as seen in Reach MLG v7). But that's a very barebones experience, and doesn't have a whole lot of depth to it (but at least it was consistent, and it worked).

Sandbox weapons are there to add this depth. If you simply have a bunch of weapons that ultimately do the same thing, you're either just lazy or you're opting to, on purpose, lose out on a ton of depth in the gameplay.

Take CE, for example. Every weapon (except maybe the Needler) was useful in its own way. Even the AR, with its quick camo, gave you a reason to carry one around. It didn't necessarily mean you wouldn't drop one for a Sniper or Rockets, but each weapon had a different role and dynamic that made the gameplay interesting. This is especially true for modern Halo, where it's unlikely for every member of your team to be able to carry a power weapon around (and, honestly, it shouldn't have to come to that in a 4v4. Power weapons are boons gained through timing, awareness, possible grenade placement, and positioning. Unless it's CE where KT's are fast enough to allow for it and cycling power ups is a thing, no one team should be completely outfitted with power weapons).

Halo 2, by contrast, had a sandbox full of weapons that weren't useful. Oh, sure. Technically speaking, dual-wielding in Halo 2 was better than in Halo 3, but all of those weapons, even when dual-wielded, were utter garbage compared to the BR, Sniper, Rockets, Sword, and Shotgun. I'd sooner carry around a BR and Carbine for the button combos than actually carry around a plasma rifle (PP is different because of the noob combo). And Halo 2's gameplay, while having depth because of button combos, lost out on a ton of depth that could have been there because many of the sandbox weapons had no real purpose.

I think we're talking about diffrent things all together.

I don't think having useless weapons is the way to go! I agree that any weapon should have its role and its niche where its usefull!

What I meant was, having multiple weapons of the same "class" doing the same job isn't necessary a bad thing!

Let's say you have a good working mechanic for an AR, I think it is not a bad thing to introduce not just a human AR but also a covenant version and maybe even a second human AR model that is working almost exactly like the stadard model but looks diffrent!

Sure it would be "useless" from a certain point of view to have 3 models doing the same thing but on the other hand it would be a little like having diffrent skins for weapons and that would add a more appealing layer to non-competitive player (I think)

So let's say we had 3 "skins" for the AR/BR (classic, reach, new design/ classic, H4/5, new design) that would work exactly the same and a player could choose what version to spawn with (not like loadouts , but if you're playing BR starts you will spawn with your BR skin), would that still be a bad thing? (I know that is not possible thanks to smart scope utilizing guns model..just hypothetically speaking)

I hope a made my point clear and understandable, english is not my first language and my grammar might be a little rusty..

• Upvote (+1) 3

The weapon beeps should go, but the headshot noise is pretty cool I guess. I have seen how it effects montages though so I guess it should go too

Everything's either an annoying squeak or what sounds like knuckles cracking. 

I really didn't like the Sniper, DMR and especially not the Prophets Bane.

I thought the other weapons all looked pretty good though. I actually really liked the new scope on the BR. Actually looks unique rather than the pretty generic look of from 2, 3 and 4.

I'm the biggest H5 supporter there is but yeah the sound design is for the most part absolute shit and most of the visual design is just as bad. 

Please put "Halo 5 kid" in your signature!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember in one of the videos showing an updated form of the beta the beeps were taken out

I think we're talking about diffrent things all together.

I don't think having useless weapons is the way to go! I agree that any weapon should have its role and its niche where its usefull!

What I meant was, having multiple weapons of the same "class" doing the same job isn't necessary a bad thing!

Let's say you have a good working mechanic for an AR, I think it is not a bad thing to introduce not just a human AR but also a covenant version and maybe even a second human AR model that is working almost exactly like the stadard model but looks diffrent!

Sure it would be "useless" from a certain point of view to have 3 models doing the same thing but on the other hand it would be a little like having diffrent skins for weapons and that would add a more appealing layer to non-competitive player (I think)

So let's say we had 3 "skins" for the AR/BR (classic, reach, new design/ classic, H4/5, new design) that would work exactly the same and a player could choose what version to spawn with (not like loadouts , but if you're playing BR starts you will spawn with your BR skin), would that still be a bad thing? (I know that is not possible thanks to smart scope utilizing guns model..just hypothetically speaking)

I hope a made my point clear and understandable, english is not my first language and my grammar might be a little rusty..

So you think different versions of the same weapons (BR/DMR/magnum/LR/etc) and different models of weapons (halo CE-5) are all basically the same thing as weapon skins? Interesting POV.

So you think different versions of the same weapons (BR/DMR/magnum/LR/etc) and different models of weapons (halo CE-5) are all basically the same thing as weapon skins? Interesting POV.

Well they are not the same right now that is for sure but I think a system like this could work.

• Upvote (+1) 2

well so far, both swords operate exactly the same way, so hopefully the rockets can actually be different.

Bane had a bigger lunge and even bigger when using Smart Link. Sword had a much lower for both Smart Link and regular use. 

I'd agree that they both serve the same exact purpose and they should just buff the regular Sword but they aren't the same.

I like the idea of Legendary Weapons. Would love to see a Fist of Rukt hammer and the CE pistol come back as them.

• Upvote (+1) 3