CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Bruh all I played in reach was multiteam and rumblepit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Atta boy.

That's why you keep getting shitty teammates in MCC.

#ShotsFired

That's why you keep getting shitty teammates in MCC.

#ShotsFired

doesnt_make_any_sense_anchorman.gif

<3

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm sorry but I played splitscreen Isolation BRs today and it was glorious.

Go back to THC. This is the casual forum.

Zealot? But i'm not just talking about MLG maps. Other then Sword base, i really didn't hate the maps in casual matchmaking.

zealot is shit without forge. 

boardwalk????????????????

blood gulch???????????????????????????

anchor 9???????????????

then the forge maps...

the cage... cringe

forge ascension?????

shitty sanc????????

all btb maps were the worst of the series. 

I mean i guess powerhouse and reflection were bearable...

so yeah for MM, we have moon shoes zealot, labyrinth countdown, snoozefest reflection, and i really would put powerhouse at the best map in MM

I actually liked The Cage. Please don't hate me.

Not the original, but the edited one they put into matchmaking "Uncaged" I think, that one was enjoyable with a party.

Isolation on Halo 3 was pretty decent in my opinion. You could dominate people if you held the top part of the map properly. The only rule on the map is to never go to the bottom of the map. Ever. There's absolutely no need and honestly, even against 50s I did this, I always let the other team push rockets and have them lol. That just means they have to come back up top with them and the moment they do, insta-melted.

Isolation on Halo 3 was pretty decent in my opinion. You could dominate people if you held the top part of the map properly. The only rule on the map is to never go to the bottom of the map. Ever. There's absolutely no need and honestly, even against 50s I did this, I always let the other team push rockets and have them lol. That just means they have to come back up top with them and the moment they do, insta-melted.

Yep. Sounds like Isolation.

For those of you who won't be buying Halo 5 because of it's gameplay, what is the minimum change 343 would have to make for you to buy it? Is it just sprint, some spartan abilities, maps, or what combination changes? 

For those of you who won't be buying Halo 5 because of it's gameplay, what is the minimum change 343 would have to make for you to buy it? Is it just sprint, some spartan abilities, maps, or what combination changes?

I think if mcc come out and was everything we wanted then a few people would buy halo 5 just too say thank you, but as it is people be like fuck you 343 and your shit halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think if mcc come out and was everything we wanted then a few people would buy halo 5 just too say thank you, but as it is people be like fuck you 343 and your shit halo 5.

Yeah I figured a lot of people wont be buying it because of the MCC, that's why I put "because of it's gameplay".

Yeah I figured a lot of people wont be buying it because of the MCC, that's why I put "because of it's gameplay".

I'll probably buy it the game has things in it that I enjoy(and things that I don't enjoy), but I'm not pre ordering, I'm done doing that when I can just download it day one.

I bought Halo 4 at midnight. I have no standards. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Being someone who's decided not to get it, I've definitely thought about this question, and I thought about it last night funnily enough. Here's the way I see it:

If Halo 5 does these things at minimum, I'll likely consider buying it:

1. Has a lengthy campaign that looks incredibly fun. I mean more fun than I'm expecting it to be, because it would take a lot to make up for 343's crappy idea of multiplayer.

2. Has long-overdue features in forge such as time of day and weather editing, as well as terrain editing. If 343 are so concerned with "moving on with the times", then it's about time forge caught up to what Far Cry was able to do about 42 years ago.

3. Introduces a toggle for classic zoom.

4. Has quite a few really good looking smaller maps that we haven't seen yet, to make up for the atrocities we've already seen in the beta.

5. If the speed gap between sprint and base movement, which they say they've lowered, is now genuinely really small. It's great and all that they've said they'll make this change, but knowing 343, it could be almost imperceptible. I imagine they're doing it more for PR talk.

6. If a change is made to clamber where the window of opportunity is so incredibly small that it wouldn't be worth anyone's time not going for the skill-jump to begin with.

These things are what would need to happen at the least, I think. And yes, I know they wont happen.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'll probably buy it the game has things in it that I enjoy(and things that I don't enjoy), but I'm not pre ordering, I'm done doing that when I can just download it day one.

Or you know..find a store that is giving copies out early...

I have not pre ordered a single game in my life and I don't really get why so many people do...

As for H5G..I will wait until we know more! I will buy the at least for campaign, the question is when I will buy it, and if I might even get a used copy (would be the first time for a Halo)

343 would have to make the game competitvely viable with the default out of box settings with the exception of having to toggle off radar to be able to peak my interest of wanting to purchase Halo 5. I'm fairly new to Halo CE(started to learn how to play the game in the middle of last year) and it has changed my perspective on the whole Halo series and turned me into a Halo CE elitist. I see potential in Halo 5 because of the Halo CE influences that it has such as static weapon spawns, no duel wielding, being able to grenade launch weapons to yourself, and grenades not exploding mid-air from gun fire. Also a good ranking system, increased base player movement speed, increased strafe acceleration, and dedicated servers for match making and custom games are a plus but all these positives I just mentioned are still not enough for me to warrant a purchase of Halo 5. The changes to Halo 5 that would make me want to buy the game are no sprint out of box default settings(make it the other way around so players have to toggle sprint on in custom games if they want to play with sprint) and to accommodate for that increase the base player movement speed to sprint speed, fast static weapon and power-up spawns to promote map movement, a strong utility weapon like the Halo CE magnum that takes skill to master, a stronger weapon sandbox to accommodate for the strong utility weapon but keep the weapons still situational though, and make all the spartan abilities more offensive by allowing players to keep their gun up and to be able to shoot at all times while using them. Honorable mention of changes that aren't really necessary to peak my interest of buying Halo 5 are adding the stun effect from plasma weapons back to the game, getting rid of the scope of weapons that don't need it and bring quick camo back to the game, bringing back the grenade launcher from Halo Reach, adding bots in custom games for training purposes, allowing us to chose our own FOV, and allow us to fully customize and map our own controls. Halo 5 in it's current condition is the same as every other Halo after Halo CE for me, it plays slow, makes me feel weak as a individual player, and makes me rely on team-shooting to get kills. I don't like being forced to play like that so as it stands Halo 5 isn't fun for me to play so I'm not going to buy the game until I see some drastic changes to the game like the ones I just mentioned.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Being someone who's decided not to get it, I've definitely thought about this question, and I thought about it last night funnily enough. Here's the way I see it:

If Halo 5 does these things at minimum, I'll likely consider buying it:

1. Has a lengthy campaign that looks incredibly fun. I mean more fun than I'm expecting it to be, because it would take a lot to make up for 343's crappy idea of multiplayer.

2. Has long-overdue features in forge such as time of day and weather editing, as well as terrain editing. If 343 are so concerned with "moving on with the times", then it's about time forge caught up to what Far Cry was able to do about 42 years ago.

3. Introduces a toggle for classic zoom.

4. Has quite a few really good looking smaller maps that we haven't seen yet, to make up for the atrocities we've already seen in the beta.

5. If the speed gap between sprint and base movement, which they say they've lowered, is now genuinely really small. It's great and all that they've said they'll make this change, but knowing 343, it could be almost imperceptible. I imagine they're doing it more for PR talk.

6. If a change is made to clamber where the window of opportunity is so incredibly small that it wouldn't be worth anyone's time not going for the skill-jump to begin with.

These things are what would need to happen at the least, I think. And yes, I know they wont happen.

I think 1, 2, 4 and 5 are likely but 3 and 6 are probably not gonna happen. Specifically about forge, Orion and Pegasus had different times of day so I think it's definitely gonna be in the game, probably just three or four options though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I bought Halo 4 at midnight. I have no standards. 

IMO a bad Halo is still better than 90% of any other game you could buy. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

But was Halo 4 really a Halo game though?

Yes. A game being bad doesn't mean it no longer belongs to that franchise. If that were the case, then there's never been a bad Star Wars because the prequels weren't actual Star Wars movies. 

IMO a bad Halo is still better than 90% of any other game you could buy. 

I'd say there's quite a bit of relativity to that situation. 

• Upvote (+1) 1