CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

@@Jazzii Man 

Chill with da neg rep br0 ur blasting thru my bullet proof ego like an RPG that was a dud right through my side :(

#WeGotABlackHawkDown 

@cT is spot on.

My opinions:

• Sprint: I would rather have it so taking any damage knocks you out of Sprint, but having no Shield Recharge is a good alternative I suppose.
  • Ground Pound: Advanced Warfare's low aim assist proves how a downward momentum push can work wonders for an epic moment and a good tech move. If there is little to no blast radius/AoE and it has to be a direct hit, it would work in my opinion.
  • Double Jump: Needs to be punishable as cT said, and should not break map verticality, i.e. I don't want to be able to double jump to Top-Mid on Midship. As for the whole hovering in midair, that sounds sketchy to me
  • Tackles: Sounds interesting but should be punishable. Either cheese or epic.
  • Wall Climb: If the animation is slow and punishable I'm down with it, but once again, please don't break importance of map control by allowing me to Double-Jump-to-Vault onto top-mid of Midship
  • Thruster: I actually love the concept of an on-ground, first-person rapid movement option. Mixes up combat but it shouldn't be spammable or move the player too far.
  •  

I was gonna say after reading you comment about the double jump that I wouldn't be surprised if you could double jump then climb up the edge of top mid on the midship remake, then I saw you talked about it in your response about the wall climb. I like your thoughts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone has access to the same gear available to them. Both red and blue have the same options provided.

well since they said equal starts and arena gameplay...

either

a they lied

b they are ********

c you need to lay off the tin foil

i'm going to go with c until proven otherwise thank you

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the people saying "ooh I won't believe until I play it". ITS ON THE TRAILER FOR HALO5 THEY WOULDN'T ADD THAT TO THE TRAILER IF IT WASN'T TRUE WERE ALL STUCK ON H2 FOR ANOTHER 10YEARS GG GUYS SEE YOU IN H2A n H2 CUSTOMS FOR ANOTHER 10YEARS maybe halo6 will be better

I want to nuke the house of anyone who posts like this to be serious.

2. It could be argued that negativity hurts the community by getting a majority of people to subconsciously hop on a bandwagon (which could be what is happening in this thread). The only reason I'm not going to continue debating all of this is because I should be studying right now.

I've heard this one once before, believe it or not. Are you suggesting that I'm supposed to keep my concerns about the game to myself, just so that I don't accidentaly convert people to disliking the same things I do?

Let's assume that such a thing is a real problem. One would question why you yourself are writing your own opinions in this thread. Surely there's a serious danger that someone might see your opinions and then jump on a bandwagon?

And I have no problem with you not wanting to continue this. But I'll of course leave you with this reply.

3. Because it's true. And no it doesn't, I don't even know how that's relevant to my comment about you going off the grid.

The basis for this whole debate has been my disagreement with the way you're judging people's reactions to these changes. Or in other words, I disagree with your idea that people are against these changes for no other reason than they are changes.

Noting the fact that the discussion conveniently got away from that point, and noting the fact that we were now somehow onto telling me that I wouldn't be missed if I were to go, I wanted to bring it back home and ask you if any of it negated my original point.

Bottom line is, if people dislike certain changes, then it's not right to tell them that they need to get over it and recognize that change is good. People don't need to be told that change is good. If you disagree with their reasons for disliking certain things, then give them your reasons for why you think they're wrong. Have a discussion about it. But don't tell them that "change is good".

• Upvote (+1) 2

either

a they lied

b they are ********

Can I remind everyone that these are the people who told us to "just trust us"?

I mean, I'm waiting to see some actual shit as opposed to a sketchy article, but I wouldn't put anything past them at this point. It could totally go either way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bought it. Still have it. Still play it sometimes. Said all of that already. 

It brings more aspects into the game. Wall climbing could definitely bring an ambush aspect and shit, or it could hurt you if you get caught scaling it (we don't have any idea how long it takes to scale a wall, if it's even in the game). And I'm pretty sure 343i said they're trying to focus on 4v4 arena combat in their vid about the H5 beta. 

Agreed. And the people who want to keep playing that will have MCC. It just won't be the big competitive Halo to play from 2015-on (most likely). 

Be interesting if Halo MCC really struggles population wise after the hype calms down and/or Halo 4 is the most popular game and 1,2 & 3 just aren't. In that instance would 343 be permitted to make changes like the rumours were hearing about Halo 5? If classic gameplay was simply not popular in Halo MCC like everyone hear hopes it will be. 

either

a they lied

b they are ********

I've been let down too many times to be optimistic about Halo, but I like to keep some objectivity.

I won't sell their shit back to Gamestop for $3 because I have a lot of respect for the series.

Sometimes respecting Halo means disrespecting people who don't maintain the integrity of the franchise by voicing your concern. This is a community invested in the future of Halo so any commentary on where that future is headed is valuable if it's constructive. If you want to tell people not to complain about poor design decisions then you're the one hurting the franchise you love because you aren't willing to allow critical thought that could improve it. The last Halo was absolutely not well received by fans of the game and the next one will be different because of that. 343 HAS to listen to the fanbase this time so it's the perfect opportunity to raise awareness so I don't know why you feel so entitled to be stifling critical feedback about the next game. It makes you less of a fan, imo, and I know you don't feel that way.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The second Gametype is called Breakout. It's a 4v4 deathmatch without respawns; if you get killed, you'll be out for the rest of the round. The map is small, it has a Tron look to it, it's an open space with pyramids, parallelepipeds and cubes that can be used as cover. The game will start with the team been literally catapulted on the map: you must be very fast to reach the Power positions on the map. First team to 5 rounds wins,

This gametype is very immediate and fun.

I don't know how much of this is real, nor how much I like, if it is real... but this is something I have wanted for a while.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Waiting to see the gameplay for myself on the weekend.  Don't have high hopes.

He died in 49 after making a series of movies which didn't come close to the greatness of Oz and Gone with the Wind, both of which released in 39.

That's a shame, maybe his fans were part of the problem. Refusing to go see his newer films at the movies unless they had Ruby Slippers starts and cowardly lion to wicked witch ranks. 

;) 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been let down too many times to be optimistic about Halo, but I like to keep some objectivity.

Can I remind everyone that these are the people who told us to "just trust us"?

I mean, I'm waiting to see some actual shit as opposed to a sketchy article, but I wouldn't put anything past them at this point. It could totally go either way.

i don't blame you guys.

i just try to give them a chance to stick to their word, if only because i care about halos future. i think they've atleast earned that much after giving us mcc(which i'll be playing if h5 goes to shit anyways)

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's a shame, maybe his fans were part of the problem. Refusing to go see his newer films at the movies unless they had Ruby Slippers starts and cowardly lion to wicked witch ranks. 

;)

I imagine that the war was a bit of a problem. 

I'll still play Halo 5 even if it turns out to have a one-sided game play. If it isn't anywhere as competitive, I'll acknowledge the Original Trilogy to build upon my skills rather than practicing in Halo 4/Halo 5.

Just to redundantly make myself clear... Yes I'll be spending a lot of the time in the MCC to get better, even when frequenting Halo 5.

The only logical fix to sprint is that when you activate it, your controller blows up :kappa:

I'll take this, as long as maps are still designed around no sprint, and as long as base speed is still decent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well... on the upside, if people expect shit, there's a good chance it can't get worse. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Everything makes sense except the Loadout selection thing. 

Double jumping and air-dodging are ******** but ground Strafing/Thrusting is cool. Wall mounting I'll wait to pass judgement on but we'll see, sounds sketchy.

Guess you wouldn't like UT then  :(

I fully embrace the expanded vertical options/quicker lateral movement on the ground/in the air if true. I have always been a strong advocate of versatile and vertical movement in FPS especially one of an Arena-style like Halo 5 is supposed to be. Think about it this way....we probably wont get the CE pistol in terms of a pure skill starting weapon, but if the movement is more Arena-FPS like that could greatly increase the skill gap in terms of movement/map movement and by relation aiming for all weapons. I also dont get the big deal about a ground-pound/charge or whatever, its situational and an OFFENSIVE UNIVERSAL player ability that is what all you people were asking for a couple months ago.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The guy did compare it to Quake and Unreal Tournament and said it plays like Halo 2, though. Also, he did put Sprint in italics, maybe indicating that it is just a charge. So IDK. I'll wait.

But I hope 343 knows what they are getting themselves into by premiering the game on a competitive stream. If the game is shit, the chat will explode, and nearly all the hype from the previous 2 days (and maybe even the past year) will quickly vanish.

I've heard this one once before, believe it or not. Are you suggesting that I'm supposed to keep my concerns about the game to myself, just so that I don't accidentaly convert people to disliking the same things I do?

Let's assume that such a thing is a real problem. One would question why you yourself are writing your own opinions in this thread. Surely there's a serious danger that someone might see your opinions and then jump on a bandwagon?

And I have no problem with you not wanting to continue this. But I'll of course leave you with this reply.

The basis for this whole debate has been my disagreement with the way you're judging people's reactions to these changes. Or in other words, I disagree with your idea that people are against these changes for no other reason than they are changes.

Noting the fact that the discussion conveniently got away from that point, and noting the fact that we were now somehow onto telling me that I wouldn't be missed if I were to go, I wanted to bring it back home and ask you if any of it negated my original point.

Bottom line is, if people dislike certain changes, then it's not right to tell them that they need to get over it and recognize that change is good. People don't need to be told that change is good. If you disagree with their reasons for disliking certain things, then give them your reasons for why you think they're wrong. Have a discussion about it. But don't tell them that "change is good".

(Bold): Obviously, like you, I wouldn't be opposed to someone jumping on my bandwagon and agreeing with me. The difference between your and my bandwagon is the positive/negative nature of them. A handful of people seem to be having similar thoughts to mine on this thread, which I like. 

I respect and understand your reasoning behind what you're saying, don't get me wrong. We just disagree, and that's fine. Debate over (because I gots to study!). GG, I legit enjoyed it. Honestly gives me hope for the future of the community. I'm not trying to force acceptance down people's throats. I'm just trying to get people to look at it a little differently so they might be feel a little better about what's going on with the series they love. 

Sometimes respecting Halo means disrespecting people who don't maintain the integrity of the franchise by voicing your concern. This is a community invested in the future of Halo so any commentary on where that future is headed is valuable if it's constructive. If you want to tell people not to complain about poor design decisions then you're the one hurting the franchise you love because you aren't willing to allow critical thought that could improve it. The last Halo was absolutely not well received by fans of the game and the next one will be different because of that. 343 HAS to listen to the fanbase this time so it's the perfect opportunity to raise awareness so I don't know why you feel so entitled to be stifling critical feedback about the next game. It makes you less of a fan, imo, and I know you don't feel that way.

I can see that. And when the game comes out if it sucks I'll certainly be one of the people voicing my concern. I've been one of the people who have brought my concern up on these forums before. But when the game hasn't even come out yet, and we don't even know if this info is true. I also think the things mentioned in this supposedly accurate article could make H5 interesting at least. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guess you wouldn't like UT then  :(

I fully embrace the expanded vertical options/quicker lateral movement on the ground/in the air if true. I have always been a strong advocate of versatile and vertical movement in FPS especially one of an Arena-style like Halo 5 is supposed to be. Think about it this way....we probably wont get the CE pistol in terms of a pure skill starting weapon, but if the movement is more Arena-FPS like that could greatly increase the skill gap in terms of movement and by relation aiming for all weapons. I also get the big deal about a ground-pound or whatever, its situational and an OFFENSIVE UNIVERSAL player ability that is what all you people were asking for a couple months ago.

Honestly I embrace just about everything. Even if wall climbing is really shitty, for example, then don't do it. Ya know? Let the fucktards do it all the time and you can easily pick them off. Much like Sprinting in SWAT during Reach, it wasn't smart to use because your breathing was louder than a Led Zeppelin concert. If wall climbing and double jumping is stupid, impractical, or really annoying to use, then people probably won't use it in competitive, or even MM in general. You never know. 

But when the game hasn't even come out yet, and we don't even know if this info is true.

Yeah, how times has the Halo community fucked itself over by saying the game hasn't even come out out.

Everyone is done with that bullshit.

No sprint, no bloom, no perks, no "fine tuning"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its time to retake Halo from the clutches of casual bullshit.

Voice our opinions now and MAKE SURE 343i KNOWS WHO THE FUCK THEY ARE DEALING WITH.

We already have a victory with making sure the FOV in Halo CE was fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can see that. And when the game comes out if it sucks I'll certainly be one of the people voicing my concern. I've been one of the people who have brought my concern up on these forums before. But when the game hasn't even come out yet, and we don't even know if this info is true. I also think the things mentioned in this supposedly accurate article could make H5 interesting at least.

You're right on the point that the article isn't even verified. To me that makes this thread a whatever thread. Honestly, even if the article is fake it has been good to see the exchange of viewpoints about the content because I learned more about the implications of it. I'm a notorious shit talker and complainer so I find it irrelevant that some posts in this thread whined about stuff, all I care about is engaging the ideas about gameplay presented by the article. I'll learn more about video games in general that way instead of telling people to stfu because I can't or won't read beyond the surface of their posts.

Yeah, how times has the Halo community fucked itself over by saying the game hasn't even come out out.

Everyone is done with that bullshit.

No sprint, no bloom, no perks, no "fine tuning"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its time to retake Halo from the clutches of casual bullshit.

Voice our opinions now and MAKE SURE 343i KNOWS WHO THE FUCK THEY ARE DEALING WITH.

We already have a victory with making sure the FOV in Halo CE was fixed.

You act like 343i is the enemy.

• Upvote (+1) 2