CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Have something to fight for in the center of the map. I never saw anybody care too much in the beta, but if you pushed towards the side on Crossfire that had the stockpile of grenades, it could be used towards your advantage against an enemy team that is hiding in their base.

What objective could you put in the middle of the map that wouldn't make the gametype and absolutely cluttered and messy. Anyone who pushed a center objective (on Crossfire or Trench) would just get melted.

Breakout was my favorite gametype in the beta, and I think it'll do well viewership wise. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What objective could you put in the middle of the map that wouldn't make the gametype and absolutely cluttered and messy. Anyone who pushed a center objective (on Crossfire or Trench) would just get melted.

No objectives really came to mind to me. I was thinking something more along the line of weapons, and not necessarily in the dead center of the map, I was thinking about the 50 yard in general.

No objectives really came to mind to me. I was thinking something more along the line of weapons, and not necessarily in the dead center of the map, I was thinking about the 50 yard in general.

The Grenades on Crossfire and Trench were a really smart concept, but I wouldn't consider them enough to incentivize map movement.

This is probably stupid and you shouldn't pay attention to a word of it

But what if they added a ball in the center of the map that you can throw into an objective box on the other team's spawn plat or something like that that wins the match? You still win by wiping the other team, but it'd be another option. Not necessarily stating how easy it would be to do that, and I'm sure the map would need to be made around that concept, but it's just a thought.

This is probably stupid and you shouldn't pay attention to a word of it

But what if they added a ball in the center of the map that you can throw into an objective box on the other team's spawn plat or something like that that wins the match? You still win by wiping the other team, but it'd be another option. Not necessarily stating how easy it would be to do that, and I'm sure the map would need to be made around that concept, but it's just a thought.

So like Ricochet, but in Breakout?

If it isn't already known I'd like breakout to be forgeable. 

So like Ricochet, but in Breakout?

You know, I could have just said that, but I didn't remember what it was and I hate Halo 4 so blindly that I refused to look it up.

The problem with Breakout in general is that most objectives won't work due to it being either so fast paced or the fact that wiping the other team is a way to win.

If you take out the latter, then it just becomes a chaotic deathfest that isn't very competitive in the slightest. I figure a gametype like ricochet might be a bit "dynamic" enough to work.

This is also probably stupid and you shouldn't pay attention to a word of it

What if there was a hill in the middle of the map that if you stand in for long enough (5 seconds or so) you get a power up? So that if you play super passively the other team will be sure to get the advantage. If it was just a regular power up you'd just see two sprint for it off the start and it would just be clusterfuck. It would only be able to be used by one player, and if multiple team mate are in the hill it would go to the first one to enter.

And an even worse idea is what if on each team's base was a power up only accessible to a player from the opposing team, it would be like checkers in that getting to the other end of the map would let you become "king". 

@@Sal1ent

Only thing that needs to change on the sniper is that block to the left of the tube-scope. Makes the weapon a bit big and take up a little more of the screen than I'd like it too.

FOV increase

Yeah that sniper box takes up way to much of the screen that's ********

Naw I prefer staying ebola free

I only go there when I need a laugh.

Somehow managed to stir up an 8 page shitfest because I force quit every non BR game lol (well, I still force quit if bloodgulch or any of it's garbage remakes get voted for no matter the weapon spawns.)

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Breakout is too different from core modes in that it removes the shield and headshot mechanics. I wouldn't want to see it played because of the break in continuity it would cause within a series.

As for Strongholds, I could see that working out but I'd rather see it more often as 3 or 5 distinct areas on an asymmetric map than 3 on a symmetrical map so that's it's more of a unique gametype than the Tug of War it was in the beta.

If it isn't already known I'd like breakout to be forgeable. 

Considering the two breakout maps we have already seen were made on Forge canvases using Forge objects, safe to say it is.

Give Breakout default damage and shields and sure. As it is right now, changing the damage like that is against everything anyone here has been talking about for years. Just because the devs are the ones that changed it doesn't mean it's okay. Someone playing the playlist will go from CTF with regular settings to Breakout and get very angry about dying so quickly.

I also had an idea a while back about a neutral snd type of game using Extraction for it. Basically have a neutral extraction point that anyone can arm. If ocnce a team arms it, the other team disarms/converts it, that team wins. Basically when one team arms the site, it becomes traditional snd.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't like the reduced shields in Breakout - 1-melee/grenade kills are garbo, and it feels like another game. 

I don't feel like Breakout has any of the characteristics that we love about playing/watching Halo.

This 100% Even if it gets intense it is not halo for me.

I don't like the reduced shields in Breakout - 1-melee/grenade kills are garbo, and it feels like another game. 

Well that is the point halo has shields - this game type has no shields.

I agree with the people that say objective would be good but I think if we want to play it the objective should be set up the way that the gametype works with full shields (which are a must for halo imo). But I don't expect 343 to be able to do this I mean if they think sprint makes it more fast paced something like balancing breakout is far to complex for them to understand.