CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The only thing that comes out of toggle settings is a heavily modified version of the game for competitive play that most players don't enjoy and don't find accessible. Although halo 5 in many ways is better than halo 4, we are going to end up with the same scenario that we had in 2012: A base game that fails to fulfill competitive play on almost all levels and altered competitive settings that fail to appeal to 99% of halo players... Pros leave because there's no money, a couple new faces become known, we get 3k viewers on pro tournament streams and the game dies all over again. We needed a good base game for competitive halo in my opinion. We needed a game that could spark growth and help mend the dynamics that have damaged each communities relationship with one another. The competitive community will continue to alienate itself with unapproachable settings. The montage community will carry on lacking prideful standards because the h5 skill gap is minimal and the glorification of bad gameplay will continue. The casual community will continue to speak for all players even though, in my opinion, they don't represent the most hours played - which is how they should have done that survey. What would the harm have been in a survey that requires a registered gamertag?

343 continues these illusory tactics to help people feel in control and give them false hope. They've been doing it for the entirety of MCC, they did it for all of halo 4... They will do it in halo 5 and ultimately only a very small percentage of players who play halo 5 longer than 3 weeks will be satisfied. The rest of the community will do what it does best: Scream at eachother and cave in on itself for the 3rd(????) time.

I want to be optimistic, but a survey isn't enough for me to ignore 2+ years of ineptitude along with the complete betrayal and mockery of my favorite game franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Honestly them mentioneing any Halo 4 coding in H5 gives me the shivers

Haha I can understand that. Take comfort that there's probably some Halo CE in there still. At least, I believe there is. All halo games that I know of have built on each other to some extent.

As I understand it, Flinch was an animation left in from H4. However, I think many of you are talking about recoil - a consistent movement of the reticle upward - there's a lot on the Pistol. On some weapons, like the BR, it goes up a lot but then comes back down, so the upward movement isn't as big. 

Haha I can understand that. Take comfort that there's probably some Halo CE in there still. At least, I believe there is. All halo games that I know of have built on each other to some extent.

this engine was brand new built from the ground up, There could be code mimicking halo ce or halo 4, but it isn't the original code. Someone with knowledge of coding correct me if I'm wrong lol.

What am I seeing?

A map and two shots of the same gun.

this engine was brand new built from the ground up, There could be code mimicking halo ce or halo 4, but it isn't the original code. Someone with knowledge of coding correct me if I'm wrong lol.

Do we know for a fact that it's a brand-new engine entirely? The Halo engine has been getting built off of for the past decade. Seems a bit strange that they would just drop everything like that.

Thats why I wasn't super concrete on my statement. I know they used a very new engine for H4, but they probably based a fair bit of it on the prior model.

I'm not at all sure if it's new or just heavily modified.

You always hear "new engine" every halo, they build off the last one apparently every time which counts as new.

Can there be a Bomb Planted Great Debate? He said he was open to debating.

That Guy vs. Cursed Lemon.

Or That Guy+Greenskull+Halofollower vs. Cursed Lemon (there can be other people, I just don't know if we'd need them)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can there be a Bomb Planted Great Debate? He said he was open to debating.

That Guy vs. Cursed Lemon.

Or That Guy+Greenskull+Halofollower vs. Cursed Lemon (there can be other people, I just don't know if we'd need them)

I tried after his Halo 4 Shouldn't Cater To Competitive video with THC, just tried tweeting him but he has me blocked. I'll see if I can reach out elsewhere. Could be a cool idea.

Does he do this on purpose? Does he just make videos with the sole intention of making us angry?

Another example of a casual Halo player who doesn't understand what makes a good Halo game and will go along with whatever Bungie/343i throws at us.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thats why I wasn't super concrete on my statement. I know they used a very new engine for H4, but they probably based a fair bit of it on the prior model.

I'm not at all sure if it's new or just heavily modified.

with h4 they said it was modified from reach, with h5 they said it was a brand new one.

with h4 they said it was modified from reach, with h5 they said it was a brand new one.

if you watch the sprint video series they put up, old versions of the game were clearly running on halo 4.

if you watch the sprint video series they put up, old versions of the game were clearly running on halo 4.

then they either lied, or it was a place holder.

Thats typically how games work, UI's and game code are recycled to test new mechanics. Saves time and resources (ex. see the baseball card menu in H5 during the sprint videos?)

Thats typically how games work, UI's and game code are recycled to test new mechanics. Saves time and resources (ex. see the baseball card menu in H5 during the sprint videos?)

It takes a "special" kind of people to come up with Halo 4's UI when you have the interface of Reach as a basis.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It takes a "special" kind of people to come up with Halo 4's UI when you have the interface of Reach as a basis.[/quote

It takes a "special" kind of people to come up with Halo 4's UI when you have the interface of Reach as a basis.

I wouldn't put it so harshly, but I agree. 

Reach's UI was the pinnacle of Halo's menus.