CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Did his stupid ass really call us legacy fans? Are you fuckin serious? Seriously, fuck you Josh.

I am by no means backing what he said but I think him calling us legacy fans as less of a jab but more of a indicator on who 343's true target audience is going forward.

It's pretty apparent they are aiming for a much younger/casual fan base that is more in line with the cash cow that is CoD.

It's truly a shame though because the majority of us have been around for a long time and have supported Halo through the good and bad times.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Out shooting people is a huge deal, but for myself and I suspect a lot of others the amount of trash piled on top that single redeeming feature kinda dulls the glow.

It's kinda like Reach again honestly. I'm sure once you strip off/tweak the armor abilities, add in a classic scope option (god I hope this happens) etc the game will play fantastically a la NBNS.

With that said after 10 years of subpar games I'm probably not down to deal with another Reach. We're already talking about using the spring toggle to create our own settings. Is anyone really excited to play NS customs when you can (well, theoretically) go back on MCC and play ranked CE 2s?

343 has 0 to 1 chances left with most people and h5 needs to be a huge home run to make people not hate them anymore.

That one redeeming feature is huge though. It helps erase some of the trash piled on top entirely. Not saying all of it, but a substantial portion in my eyes. With a no sprint toggle, you're left with a skillful-based shooting game with a reasonably fast strafe speed. That's more than we've had in a long time. A LONG time. The maps will be out-of-box broken thanks to the size, so we'll have to just forge everything. This is the largest road-block ahead IMO. If forge sucks, we're sort of in the deep end. If it's full featured and game-changing, and evolves more than any forge since the original, we might be in a pretty decent position.

Maps are my largest concern now honestly.

Halo 5 Beta flinch combined with bullet magnetism gives you a lot of random headshots. 

343 said they are removing flinch, but at this point i don't believe anything from them until i see it.

If forge sucks, we're sort of in the deep end. If it's full featured and game-changing, and evolves more than any forge since the original, we might be in a pretty decent position.

Maps are my largest concern now honestly.

Maybe this time they deliver a good forge, o don't remember noticeable framerate issues in the forge maps of the Beta only in some of the "disc" maps.

Halo 5 Beta flinch combined with bullet magnetism gives you a lot of random headshots. 

343 said they are removing flinch, but at this point i don't believe anything from them until i see it.

Maybe this time they deliver a good forge, o don't remember noticeable framerate issues in the forge maps of the Beta only in some of the "disc" maps.

As per 343, flinch was a glitch and won't be there for the final product. I have a hard time believing a lot of the things 343 says, but I tend to believe this one. They got roasted for it by everyone.

To be fair, the flinch was purely cosmetic. Once you realized it actually did nothing to your reticle and you stopped self compensating, some of that randomness definitely went away. 

It's been happening since Halo 2.

Isn't there something you should be workin on? jk but is there any valuable update or pics u can post, or nah?

I am by no means backing what he said but I think him calling us legacy fans as less of a jab but more of a indicator on who 343's true target audience is going forward.

It's pretty apparent they are aiming for a much younger/casual fan base that is more in line with the cash cow that is CoD.

It's truly a shame though because the majority of us have been around for a long time and have supported Halo through the good and bad times.

You try and find a successful long-standing developer that calls their most dedicated and hardcore fans "legacy fans", any developer would get burnt for saying that. I agree though its REALLY telling about how 343 has approached taking over the series from the beginning and where its headed. They cant even remake Midship without putting their own "spin" on it and screwing up the main strategy of the map which is Pink Tower>Car. Then they also added stupid "camp-zones" in the bases where players can clamber to and basically cant be touched unless one pushes into the base.

Now Midship is just another one of 343's generic pancake maps with too many exit points, too much unnecessary geometry pieces blocking LOS making navigating the map unnecessarily difficult, and you cant forget horrible visibility as it wouldn't be a modern shooter map if you could see clearly across the map and your eyes weren't killing you after you got done playing a long session. I swear some of these modern shooters that focus on #Immersion and lens flares should include a free pair of GUNNARS in every copy so players dont get a seizure or suffer retinal damage from playing long sessions on these maps. Its an epidemic as Hardy alluded to in his latest video, Tour de Walsh in H5 wouldn't last to 1000 kills on Truth before someone collapsing from a light-induced seizure.

• Upvote (+1) 4

They said flinch was a glitch? Is that a fucking joke? Flinching isn't an accidental thing that just appears in the game, that has to be INTENTIONALLY coded into the game. Without the code nothing would happen, it's pretty obvious that it was purposefully put there. What a load of shit. Just like no descope and flinch in Halo 4 was a glitch right? Just like ADS doesn't increase accuracy right?

• Upvote (+1) 8

They said flinch was a glitch? Is that a fucking joke? Flinching isn't an accidental thing that just appears in the game, that has to be INTENTIONALLY coded into the game. Without the code nothing would happen, it's pretty obvious that it was purposefully put there. What a load of shit. Just like no descope and flinch in Halo 4 was a glitch right? Just like ADS doesn't increase accuracy right?

Apparently it carried over from Halo 4 coding by mistake. That's how they said it was a glitch.

Don't think we need to raise our pitchforks over this one.

Apparently it carried over from Halo 4 coding by mistake. That's how they said it was a glitch.

Nah they said it was from the reaction anims that play when shot. Which is believable.

Saying It was a glitch was clearly a backup plan in case we'd notice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

06d2ed7ba5d05eb0b1009bcbcbb4305f.png

8591e1c58404b901f5bad4f69d4f20b9.pngbb94d0e3fc0647859308c0a192c2ef92.png

I've been worrying about the geometry and playability of Def Not Derelict much more than I have been worrying how it looks.

YASSS!! YASSS!! btw, is there any background reasoning for the brown wrapping? also, where and how do you plan on releasing this? steam?

@@Saucey did 343 write you a email and try and corrupt you cause that is the way you've been acting since you wrote this post, you are completely contradicting yourself and your standpoints in the past to how you magically and randomely feel now at this moment.

In the past you have been quoted as saying that Reach was bad because it took them too long to realize Sprint needs to be gone from the game and that by simply having competitive settings and 1 playlist without Sprint didn't fix the problem BUT NOW you're saying that a toggle option is good in Halo 5 and even if it takes 2-3months for us to get HCS to use no sprint toggle it will be ok cause we will eventually get what we want in the end???????

ARE YOU SERIOUS?????? I guess hitting the ground running in the right direction is worse then waiting 2 months when ppl are already leaving the game to then get things setup correctly right?

I agree with whoever wrote above that since 343 runs the HCS essentially, it would be idiotic and admitting failure of releasing a "competitive arena shooter" if they allow for the HCS to use the no sprint toggle while the rest of their game is Sprint....that wouldn't make any sense to advertise to the world but when they come to our game its all sprint but what they saw was no sprint.....

Your actions are really starting to seem fishy.......

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

YASSS!! YASSS!! btw, is there any background reasoning for the brown wrapping? also, where and how do you plan on releasing this? steam?

It's more comfortable to hold onto leather than it is to just hold onto to the metal of the gun. I personally like it, as the characters still have to rely on something so basic even when they can get their hands on milspec firearms.

We'll probably go for Steam. It's not like any games have ever had trouble getting greenlit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been worrying about the geometry and playability of Def Not Derelict much more than I have been worrying how it looks.

Neat looking already, still hyped. Cannot wait for the final product! *upvotes*

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Saucey did 343 write you a email and try and corrupt you cause that is the way you've been acting since you wrote this post, you are completely contradicting yourself and your standpoints in the past to how you magically and randomely feel now at this moment.

In the past you have been quoted as saying that Reach was bad because it took them too long to realize Sprint needs to be gone from the game and that by simply having competitive settings and 1 playlist without Sprint didn't fix the problem BUT NOW you're saying that a toggle option is good in Halo 5 and even if it takes 2-3months for us to get HCS to use no sprint toggle it will be ok cause we will eventually get what we want in the end???????

ARE YOU SERIOUS?????? I guess hitting the ground running in the right direction is worse then waiting 2 months when ppl are already leaving the game to then get things setup correctly right?

I agree with whoever wrote above that since 343 runs the HCS essentially, it would be idiotic and admitting failure of releasing a "competitive arena shooter" if they allow for the HCS to use the no sprint toggle while the rest of their game is Sprint....that wouldn't make any sense to advertise to the world but when they come to our game its all sprint but what they saw was no sprint.....

Your actions are really starting to seem fishy.......

k4eB2iA.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's more comfortable to hold onto leather than it is to just hold onto to the metal of the gun. I personally like it, as the characters still have to rely on something so basic even when they can get their hands on milspec firearms.

We'll probably go for Steam. It's not like any games have ever had trouble getting greenlit.

Hey man I got a site that could help you promote your project when you're ready.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know it's bad when I can articulate an argument against sprint in Halo IN MY SLEEP

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly them mentioneing any Halo 4 coding in H5 gives me the shivers

• Upvote (+1) 1

What am I seeing?

Nah they said it was from the reaction anims that play when shot. Which is believable.

Indeed. It was a weird jerking animation, similar to the animation you had in Reach when jumping while sprinting. Your weapon would make very strange moves.