Toggle to me feels like

"We want you to play our game

But we don't really care what kind of game you like to play."

Sure its a step forward from

"This is what we are giving you, deal with it",

but not a big one.

Even if we do get a toggle playlist its going to

- Segregate the community like Reach

- Be a low playlist population (And axed unless HCS somehow adopts it)

- Not be in HCS unless there is a big push for it

Like I said the toggle won't solve anything. All a toggle means is that we as community will  be invalidated because all the waypointers[ insert bash here ] will tell us to fuck off we have "toggle" stop changing things!!111!11!.

If HCS uses sprint we are right back where we started, along with another 3 years of a shit Halo game. 

Best case senario....

everyone on this forum just plays Halo 5 with some competitive settings we deem fit. Everyone else including HCS and other tournaments just uses shitty sprint.

Trying to make everyone happy usually doesn't work.  It makes people less unhappy, but leaves everyone unsatisfied.  From that standpoint, I actually appreciated 343's stance of eliminating toggle options.  Of course, when you're eliminating options that were previously the standard, you're going to get push back, but I appreciated the principle behind their stance.  I've actually lost the respect I had for them in that regard.

For that same reason I've personally always said that the competitive community should wholly focus on making the game as competitive as we possibly can, and to hell with trying to make everyone happy.  I don't know for sure, but I suspect we've done ourselves a great disservice by compromising on various gameplay elements over the years.  I can't help but wonder what would've happen if we had played no sprint Reach from the very beginning, and pressured the developer more on various other issues.

Like I said the toggle won't solve anything. All a toggle means is that we as community will  be invalidated because all the waypointers[ insert bash here ] will tell us to fuck off we have "toggle" stop changing things!!111!11!.

If HCS uses sprint we are right back where we started, along with another 3 years of a shit Halo game. 

Best case senario....

everyone on this forum just plays Halo 5 with some competitive settings we deem fit. Everyone else including HCS and other tournaments just uses shitty sprint.

If they provide a classic Halo playlist at launch, with all the abilities toggled off, I might be down for buying the game.

CoD has barebones modes and AW even has a classic mode that I actually enjoy (hate all the boosting shit). I don't care if only 2k people play in the classic playlist as long as it can find me a game. But finding a match in and of itself would be nothing shy of a miracle for 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So give it a half a second immunity before its able to be shot.

This isn't a huge issue, nor am I hating on it. In the long haul of it all it wouldn't be the reason why I would play this game or wouldn't or even a contributing factor. I brought it up because it was something I saw on twitter and something to discuss. I posted my feelings towards which side.

Like I noted above, this isn't some huge issue to me. I was just bringing it up and posting my feeling on it.

I for one would like the ability to shoot grenades out of the air. Someone lobs a grenade straight at me and I'm trying to shoot that player and the grenade explodes in-between leaving me undamaged. Just because someone doesn't intentionally go for shooting a grenade out of the air doesn't mean its not skillful for the grenade thrower to throw it in a way to avoid crossfire from the player.

Give it a .5 second immunity after its thrown to avoid it exploding in a players hand or before the player shooting can even see it and I think that's a happy medium.

The big thing I'm wondering from this is that is it only bullets? What about other grenades and weapons like rockets?

or only certain weapons can shoot grenades, like the pistol or DMR. Just tone down the magnetism and spread and it's 100% skill based.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

no one tries to shoot grenades on purpose out of the air...no one...it's a dumb feature and i'm glad it's removed...

I dont think ive ever agreed with you more then i do right now. Ive always been driven to the brink of mass murder because of nades being luckily blown up in my eyes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Trying to make everyone happy usually doesn't work.  It makes people less unhappy, but leaves everyone unsatisfied.  From that standpoint, I actually appreciated 343's stance of eliminating toggle options.  Of course, when you're eliminating options that were previously the standard, you're going to get push back, but I appreciated the principle behind their stance.  I've actually lost the respect I had for them in that regard.

For that same reason I've personally always said that the competitive community should wholly focus on making the game as competitive as we possibly can, and to hell with trying to make everyone happy.  I don't know for sure, but I suspect we've done ourselves a great disservice by compromising on various gameplay elements over the years.  I can't help but wonder what would've happen if we had played no sprint Reach from the very beginning, and pressured the developer more on various other issues.

Something tells me, if Jason Jones himself came to Frankie in a dream telling him he's fucking up his baby, 343 would still not listen. Its clear they want to make 343's vision of Halo, NOT an improved version of Bungie's Halo. They will destroy the whole previous community(or legacy fans as Holmes calls them) in the process if that is what it takes in their eyes to put their own spin on a decade+ old franchise with a predominantly old-school FPS community. They feel it is their creative right just like the new studio that screwed up the new RB6 games and shunned the old-school community to the point of extinction, and they are making the same mistakes to where it wouldn't surprise me if Halo MP was soon as irrelevant as RS despite once being a great innovator and popular franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If they provide a classic Halo playlist at launch, with all the abilities toggled off, I might be down for buying the game.

CoD has barebones modes and AW even has a classic mode that I actually enjoy (hate all the boosting shit). I don't care if only 2k people play in the classic playlist as long as it can find me a game. But finding a match in and of itself would be nothing shy of a miracle for 343.

Same, I don't care if the playlist has a smaller population than fucking Action Sack, I just wanna play some good Halo. If the competitive community must be alienated again, so be it. At this point I really don't care.

Same, I don't care if the playlist has a smaller population than fucking Action Sack, I just wanna play some good Halo. If the competitive community must be alienated again, so be it. At this point I really don't care.

I've tweeted to ghostayame asking if there are any plans to have a classic playlist at launch but no reply.

343 has a problem with doing things too little too late. If they don't have something like this at the start, I won't even be giving H5 a second look. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ahh another game we have to gut all the settings to make a half way decent competitive console title. How's my times do we have to get kicked in the teeth before we realize 343 just wants this community to vanish. The sad thing is that they're going to say the HCS series didn't pull the numbers they wanted and give up on competitive halo all together.

• Upvote (+1) 1

no one tries to shoot grenades on purpose out of the air...no one...it's a dumb feature and i'm glad it's removed...

But how are we supposed to feel immersed into multiplayer?

• Upvote (+1) 1

But how are we supposed to feel immersed into multiplayer?

I guess 343 doesn't think it's as immersive anymore.

I guess 343 doesn't think it's as immersive anymore.

"All features are immersive. But some are more immersive than others."

-343 Farm

So, shooting bullets didn't involve skill. But both Sprint and Thruster does?

Maybe Ground Pound or Charger where you have to kind of aim, but the other two abilities does have a skill involve? Okay.

Immersion bullshit, skill bullshit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hyena though.

But really, I'm not too bothered by the removal, as it was pretty ridiculous how often it happened in the beta.. but I would have preferred they just made it harder to do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quinn said flinch is a bug. But are you talking about recoil? (consistent)

Whatever it is that makes my reticle move up needs to be removed. 

Something tells me, if Jason Jones himself came to Frankie in a dream telling him he's fucking up his baby, 343 would still not listen. Its clear they want to make 343's vision of Halo, NOT an improved version of Bungie's Halo. They will destroy the whole previous community(or legacy fans as Holmes calls them) in the process if that is what it takes in their eyes to put their own spin on a decade+ old franchise with a predominantly old-school FPS community. They feel it is their creative right just like the new studio that screwed up the new RB6 games and shunned the old-school community to the point of extinction, and they are making the same mistakes to where it wouldn't surprise me if Halo MP was soon as irrelevant as RS despite once being a great innovator and popular franchise.

Did his stupid ass really call us legacy fans? Are you fuckin serious? Seriously, fuck you Josh.

Whatever it is that makes my reticle move up needs to be removed. 

That's Flinch, and yeah they've already removed it

Guys the toggle means NOTHING 

The games maps have been designed to accommodate sprint which means they are inevitably going to be larger, which means simply traversing the map becomes an annoying task,  imagine playing truth without sprint, it would be awful and incredibly slow with people just camping, DO NOT MISTAKE ME FOR SOMEONE IN FAVOR OF SPRINT BUT GIVING US A TOGGLE SOLVES NOTHING 

Grand it's a nice gesture but its more of a "and just to shut you guys up" gesture than anything else, they wont create playlist, they wont implement it into competitive and they know its not going to be a valid option for the community unless they make a series of remakes on forge, it changes nothing the entire game is still based around sprint thus it is trash. Only one issue surrounding sprint is resolved, there are still a lot more problems in the game itself because of sprints very inclusion (you cannot have sprint in a good halo game it just doesn't work) 

This is not a victory, this is not something to celebrate, this is only going to inevitably divide the community even more. This is essentially going out onto the streets and giving a homeless man a dollar and thinking you'v made a difference, nothing has been accomplished its gonna take more than that for the drunken bum (aka halo) to get back on track 

All you need to do is bump up the movement speed slightly and no-sprint will be perfectly fine. Personally, I think no-sprint will play better regardless of how the maps are designed and scaled. Sprint is just downright broken.

in my opinion that is, not with a map like midship aka truth 

How I feel about toggle and HCS

scsc.gif

@@Saucey - I dont know how you do it mang. I expected this type of thread a little closer to release (when there is something actually substantial to support 343 on).  And in all honesty, I had assumed even prior to a "survey" that they were going to allow a toggle option regardless for custom games, or a "no sprint" playlsit.  Maybe I am just crazy, but I thought that would be a given.  We also know, (you included) that that will not solve the problem.   I am also confused about you bringing up the point of HCS events.  On Bomb Planted - you guys went on and on at length about all the things needed for HCS to succeed (all of which I agreed with).  Now you know, you cant just put a blanket statement like, "money is behind HCS" and expect us to jump on the 343 hype train, especially after you are in agreement with the numerous corrections that need to be implemented.  Come on man - you know I am with you, I have appreciated the transparancey - but if you are getting PM's from someone asking you to help improve 343's image - and then posting threads like this - you better tell us! lol (and they better be paying you). 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly the Sprint toggle is a good thing if increasing base movement speed up to sprinting speed doesn't butcher strafing.

I don't care if it's good for Halo 5 in the long run, I'm completely apathetic towards H5 or what settings get used. When I finally do get H5 used or whatever, fun no-sprint 2v2 customs on interesting Forge maps sound good to me, which is ironic considering that was my favorite part of Reach and it isn't on Xbone.