CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The announcer cannot even keep up with him!

They should definitely lower the maximum time requirement in between kills for multikill medals. Halo 5 is faster, and should not have Halo 4's 4.5 seconds.

My point is that a slight speed increase does not make the map work. 

Solid point.

I never said it did work. I openly admit that maps like Sword Base still don't work when AA's and radar are toggled. I must have threw you off when I said "work perfectly fine." That isn't what I meant, so my bad.

Check the post again, the OP decided their post was wrong and said the original one with Halo 3 having better retention is correct.

Oh right I see now. That makes sense. I never have been good at math.

Disregard my last post.

• Downvote (-1) 2

My point is that a slight speed increase does not make the map work. 

And a significant speed increase?

Solid point.

I never said it did work. I openly admit that maps like Sword Base still don't work when AA's and radar are toggled. I must have threw you off when I said "work perfectly fine." That isn't what I meant, so my bad.

58999194.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apparently shooting grenades doesn't take skill and its bad luck for the player is the reason shooting grenades is being taken out.

If its happening a lot then just reduce the hitbox.

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/564913631817510913

man people just hate on everything and anything to do with 343 eh?

Shooting grenades is the most unskillfull BS in all of Halo. So random and RNG never belongs in a skill-based game. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

They cancelled the MCC's updates beta program: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-2-9-15

"After further evaluation, the team has determined that that final testing for the content update will be completed internally, and we will not be conducting a beta test for the next CU."

They concluded that we are already in a Beta so why doing a Beta for a Beta  :wutface:

Anyone else find irony in their Halo 5: Guardians "The Sprint" video lol

It's a common game development lingo word.

H5 beta stats were actually better than H3 beta.

Tough pill to swallow guys.

lol.. I bet you believe every news story that pops up on your Facebook feed too huh?

And a significant speed increase?

The maps are still designed rather poorly - ironically, Truth would probably be the best of them all if this issue were addressed - but a "significant" speed increase along with good management of gravity and jumping friction would help. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aiming at the enemy and exploding grenades as soon as they are throwed: Completely Random.

Aiming at grenades already a few meters or seconds in trayectory: Skillful.

Pretty much this. 

There is a lot more that Halo 5 needs in order for it to be successful.   A "toggle option on everything and money behind the HCS" is not going to solve this riddle. 

I could sit here and list out everything, but it would be nothing new - and over a dozen things already talked about on these forums. 

Is Halo dead?  well that depends on what you are comparing its current state of life with.  

I support competitive Halo - I do not support 343. 

I will tune in to the events and watch on stream - I will not give them any money.   

Thats about as diplomatic as I can be at this point with their track record. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol.. I bet you believe every news story that pops up on your Facebook feed too huh?

Imagine his opinion after MCC refund-return statistics are put on the internet.

I'm waiting. Lol.

Aiming at the enemy and exploding grenades as soon as they are throwed: Completely Random.

Aiming at grenades already a few meters or seconds in trajectory: Skillful.

So give it a half a second immunity before its able to be shot.

man people just hate on everything and anything to do with 343 eh?

Shooting grenades is the most unskillfull BS in all of Halo. So random and RNG never belongs in a skill-based game. 

This isn't a huge issue, nor am I hating on it. In the long haul of it all it wouldn't be the reason why I would play this game or wouldn't or even a contributing factor. I brought it up because it was something I saw on twitter and something to discuss. I posted my feelings towards which side.

I disagree. Only in the later Halos did this become a thing and it's silly. No one, legitimately no one, intentionally shoots another person's grenades. For 99.9% of us it's like, "Oh I guess I shot his grenade--cool."

Like I noted above, this isn't some huge issue to me. I was just bringing it up and posting my feeling on it.

I for one would like the ability to shoot grenades out of the air. Someone lobs a grenade straight at me and I'm trying to shoot that player and the grenade explodes in-between leaving me undamaged. Just because someone doesn't intentionally go for shooting a grenade out of the air doesn't mean its not skillful for the grenade thrower to throw it in a way to avoid crossfire from the player.

Give it a .5 second immunity after its thrown to avoid it exploding in a players hand or before the player shooting can even see it and I think that's a happy medium.

The big thing I'm wondering from this is that is it only bullets? What about other grenades and weapons like rockets?

Toggle to me feels like

"We want you to play our game

But we don't really care what kind of game you like to play."

Sure its a step forward from

"This is what we are giving you, deal with it",

but not a big one.

Even if we do get a toggle playlist its going to

- Segregate the community like Reach

- Be a low playlist population (And axed unless HCS somehow adopts it)

- Not be in HCS unless there is a big push for it

• Upvote (+1) 2