CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I have an honest question. Why happens if the recent changes to H5 sprint / movement speed actually make the game balanced, enjoyable, and competitive?

Will anyone on here actually admit to that?

It's OK to say you won't but it's good for thought for everyone who posts on this forum.

EDIT: The reason why I mention this is because this reminds me of BO2 and the inclusion of score streaks. Literally, no one thought it would work and it would make the game less competitive as well as more random. That was proven not to be true and in turn we had one of the most diverse Esports experiences on console (imo of course).

Again, food for thought.

It will make it more balanced - but you still can't fix how big the maps are, which is the biggest flaw with sprint. Unless we go to 5v5  :quinn: .

PS: @@GoldenboyFTW Have you or any other VIPS/Pros complained about smart-scope? It's ugly, and not Halo. Wish more people would talk about this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guess what lads?

YwBzum4.png

Well it's maintaining some of the core gameplay so there's that

• Upvote (+1) 1

We are all focus on Sprint but what about Flinch.

That shit needs to be removed. On high competitive gameplay you could out Br someone but because of flinch the reticle is just a little bit above his head. That shit is annoying. 

Just read the update and their video is called "The Sprint"

Yeah, we're fucked.

That shit needs to be removed. On high competitive gameplay you could out Br someone but because of flinch the reticle is just a little bit above his head. That shit is annoying.

Flinch is removed.

IIRC

Just read the update and their video is called "The Sprint"

Yeah, we're fucked.

They are talking about "Sprint" as a development term. Rather than just completely developing the whole game and then shipping it, they do small parts, see how it works, then discus it to see where it could improve. It's part of the Agile Development Cycle. It's better than Saying, we made the game, here it is, take it or leave it. Obviously people would have just left it as it was and not returned. I think they could have used a much better term, but that just shows you 343's "creativity" which we all knew was minimal at most from the copied mechanics in each 343 game.

I've been hearing the game doesn't have really aim assist but the bullet magnetism is really bad.  Would that cancel out the aim assist being hard then?

Quinn said flinch is a bug. But are you talking about recoil? (consistent)

Halo 5 looks better than halo 4, and that says nothing.

it's 4v4 is better than reachs 4v4 IMO. The games has serious plroblems no doubt, but I don't think it's the worst halo game.

Halo is the first shooter series I have played where classic maps cannot be used in the modern versions, this is HORRIBLE for any comp FPS scene(imagine where CSGO would be without classic remakes of CS 1.6 maps) and speaks volume to how much 343 could care less about "Legacy fans".

It boggles my mind. Halo has one of the best legacy map libraries of any shooter in history, but the dev in charge of the series doesn't seem to mind rendering them all obsolete.

'Cause that worked in Halo 3. 

That isn't the point.

Perhaps we could implement sprint in Halo 3 so we could fix the Pit. It would be much easier to get to the other side, right?

H5 beta stats were actually better than H3 beta.

Tough pill to swallow guys.

Not really. The Halo 3 beta required you to buy Crackdown, which wasn't really that popular of a title, even with the beta attached. Halo 5's beta required MCC, which was a much better selling game. It makes perfect sense to me the Halo 5 beta would have better participation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not really. The Halo 3 beta required you to buy Crackdown, which wasn't really that popular of a title, even with the beta attached. Halo 5's beta required MCC, which was a much better selling game. It makes perfect sense to me the Halo 5 beta would have better participation.

Nah I'm afraid that doesn't hold up. H5 beta had a longer average playtime once you consider the stats correctly like in that Waypoint thread. The amount of unique players is mostly irrelevant and there isn't much difference between the 2.

• Downvote (-1) 6

I wonder how long people would have played Halo 5 beta if the $60 or $400+ they spent on MCC worked, you can't blame people for actually wanting to play a game that works on their new console right?  :kappa:

That isn't the point.

Perhaps we could implement sprint in Halo 3 so we could fix the Pit. It would be much easier to get to the other side, right?

My point is that a slight speed increase does not make the map work. 

Nah I'm afraid that doesn't hold up. H5 beta had a longer average playtime once you consider the stats correctly like in that Waypoint thread. The amount of unique players is mostly irrelevant and there isn't much difference between the 2.

Check the post again, the OP decided their post was wrong and said the original one with Halo 3 having better retention is correct.

• Upvote (+1) 3