CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I agree 99% with you. If they would just confirm that Halo 5 will be no sprint I would love them.

Its all but confirmed sprint will be in the game.

At this point we are patiently waiting to unleash a full rage attack on 343i.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's from H2A.

But is set post-H4, so probably has to do with Halo 5. But yes, let's not jump to conclusions.

I think they should allow Elites as playable characters again to be honest. They simply need to make the hitboxes the same--which may be more difficult than it appears

I think they should allow Elites as playable characters again to be honest. They simply need to make the hitboxes the same--which may be more difficult than it appears

The Machinima community will definitely be grateful, but I feel like the Halo base for Machinima will be the Master Chief Collection over Guardians.

Though I hope it isn't fragmented like that.

Issue with that is shrinking the Elite model to make it match, or increasing the size of the Spartan model. 

Both completely ruin consistency.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Machinima community will definitely be grateful, but I feel like the Halo base for Machinima will be the Master Chief Collection over Guardians.

Though I hope it isn't fragmented like that.

With H2A forge, I don't see a reason for machinimas to need H5...

But how SICK is that Helioskrill armour? 

So far, everything is looking better than H4's.

Now for the 10th to arrive...

Okay lore speculation.

The GEN2 armor sets look 'upgraded' for Halo 5. Did the UNSC break out of that financial deficit to produce more streamlined, simplified versions of existing GEN2 armor? The Mark IV-ish Commando variant Fred wears might just be a subsequent issue K-Model. I'd only speculate because from what we know the timeline between Halo 4 and Guardians isn't substantially far from one another, I'd have to imagine a budget armor series getting constant upgrades though.

I'd assume half of what we've seen in Halo 4 are initial prototypes. After all PROTECTOR wasn't finished.

EDIT: I will openly defy the artistic licence explanation, and will go out of my way to say that Blue Team's current armor is just an internally upgraded Mark IV to meet GEN2 standards. It wouldn't make sense to have the classic Mark VI resemble anything other than "Lolnanobot armor" if that was dictated canon.

Guys, you know those armour unlocks that they showed for the Halo 5 Guardians beta, are they toys?? I can't tell if they're toys or in-game models lol.

Guys, you know those armour unlocks that they showed for the Halo 5 Guardians beta, are they toys?? I can't tell if they're toys or in-game models lol.

Renders.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Halo 5 is all ranked, then I'd rather not have elites. If there's ranked and social, then I'd like them to be in social just for the fun of it.

I hope they integrate Halo 5 into the Master Chief Collection interface, that'd be amazing.  People that buy only Halo 5 just don't get access to the MCC stuff and people that buy only MCC don't get Halo 5.  Would be so awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would say make Elites playable in custom games and Invasion.

I wouldn't mind them in custom games and social, but anything ranked should be spartans only imo.

Wait I'm confused.

So there are hitbox differences between Spartan and Elite models?

Someone's never played pre-Reach SWAT.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait I'm confused.

So there are hitbox differences between Spartan and Elite models?

In Halo 3, there wasn't but the Elite player model was so fucking weird that you could shoot through it's neck and could hardly shoot at the back of its head.

Halo: Reach had taller, faster and stronger Elites with Health regeneration.

Wait I'm confused.

So there are hitbox differences between Spartan and Elite models?

Yes and the difference was amazing. Have you ever wondered why people were elites in H3 and reach? It's because unless you aim above the neck they'll never die, and forget trying to shoot them from behind.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I wasn't a fantastic player, and never played as an elite in Halo 3 more than four or five times. Sorry if I had't payed attention.  :trash:

Literally figuratively everyone in Halo 3 SWAT used the Elite model. It was that bad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In Halo 3, there wasn't but the Elite player model was so fucking weird that you could shoot through it's neck and could hardly shoot at the back of its head.

Halo: Reach had taller, faster and stronger Elites with Health regeneration.

In H3 They had the same hitboxes technically, but the head hitbox is slightly in front of the body as opposed to on top of it and also it feels off in some way...

Literally figuratively everyone in Halo 3 SWAT used the Elite model. It was that bad.

And jumping around none stop