CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I swear we said the same thing about H5.. 

LITERALLY the exact same thing.

I think we are to blame, too, if we kept watching all this time.

I'll start a thread discussing this ASAP.

Halo 3 had to compete with Cods and after 3 years still had 600,000 population in 1 day :/ http://web.archive.org/web/20100216201123/http://www.bungie.net/

btw i encourage everyone to rip stats from the website for future use, i just copied a 'random' page in 2010

Facts then :/ http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2qpdbm/surprising_poll_results_sprint_halo_does_the/

I've been linked to this many times. The graph that's always shown for Halo 4 is the daily peak population, which isn't the same as daily population. I'm not saying it's going to be much better, but you're comparing apples to oranges.

As for the polls, I've already stated that it's unlikely that these results are not skewed themselves, since the people most interested in responding are those that have a problem with the current system. I'm happy so I'm not looking for someone to complain to or a poll to vote in.

Aaand meanwhile at Waypoint: "Awesome job", " Great changes", " They are listening!" and the best one "I never thought they'd change so much for us". ALL OF THESE things they just changed should have been there since the friggin' pre-alpha. The real issues are just forgotten and waypointers rejoice. We got the rocket lawnchair bak guis! 

Did you guys see where they said there will be a playlist without sprint and AAs?

1. That'll be decided by the community. If everyone wants to play no-sprint (will probably have to be more that 11%) then there won't be sprint. I didn't hear anyone bitching about sprint while I was playing the beta.

2. Prove it.

3. I can't prove it, but neither can you. 

4. You guys are the hermits of the Halo community. You want to see what the majority of Halo players think? You won't find those opinions on this forum. You guys are a cult.

2ke8tv.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not really, look at how many things have changed as a result of feedback from the beta. The 11% is an indisputable fact. I personally am not a huge fan of sprint, but I don't think it needs to be taken out - it's just not a big enough factor in my enjoyment of the game. I think this community has been searching for an answer to the falling popularity of Halo and chose to point their fingers at sprint, but I don't think sprint is the real issue here.

Confirmed troll.

2/10

If I said in the survey "Sprint can stay if one instantly explodes when pressing the sprint button" I'm pro sprint.

343 logic.

Except that wasn't an option. If more than 11% of people really wanted sprint gone entirely, then that would be reflected in the poll.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Not really, look at how many things have changed as a result of feedback from the beta. The 11% is an indisputable fact. I personally am not a huge fan of sprint, but I don't think it needs to be taken out - it's just not a big enough factor in my enjoyment of the game. I think this community has been searching for an answer to the falling popularity of Halo and chose to point their fingers at sprint, but I don't think sprint is the real issue here.

They're not changing anything huge, or any of the big gameplay mechanics. Only tweaking things or adding toggles to customs which in reality does close to fuck all.

11% is NOT an "indisputable fact". Josh Holmes literally typed out 11%. That's it. He gave us no actual proof that those were the figures. I'm fairly sure he picked the 11% as the people who ONLY voted for the selected option and not the other options.ekLvgJE.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not a personal vendetta against the competitive community but they will go to any length to defend their design decisions.

You're Josh Holmes

You make the decision to keep Sprint in for Halo 5.

You make a blog post about the survey numbers. Are you going to either say that 60% want Sprint out or don't care for it or are you going to say that only 11% want Sprint out?

It's so clear that he skewed the results to save himself dignity. If you can't see this, then I have no words for you.

The sample size was a joke, the wording of the questions was baised towards 343s view and making a decision based off of that is laughable. But are you seriously implying that he changed the results himself? Please don't drop to pro-sprint argument levels of logic.

I had hope until I remembered that The HCS playlist will be made by 343 and there is no way they will turn off sprint and thrusters for it.

RIP Halo.

Oh and that 11% stat is bogus as hell. No poll for sprint was ever that low, ever.

I think they are misleading us with this stat because there were multiple options in between yes or no on the survey. This just represents the population who flat out said no to Sprint rather than "I don't think it is necessary".

I've been linked to this many times. The graph that's always shown for Halo 4 is the daily peak population, which isn't the same as daily population. I'm not saying it's going to be much better, but you're comparing apples to oranges.

As for the polls, I've already stated that it's unlikely that these results are not skewed themselves, since the people most interested in responding are those that have a problem with the current system. I'm happy so I'm not looking for someone to complain to or a poll to vote in.

Didn't 343's poll have over 19,000+ people whereas Beyonds and /r/halo have around 1-2,000? Isn't it plausible that only only 2-3,000 people polled said some sort of negative thing about Sprint?

Confirmed troll.

2/10

Pretty sure if you asked everyone who played the Halo 5 beta: "Did the ability to sprint have a major impact on your ability to enjoy the game?" most people would say "no." I would say no. I enjoyed the game. Do I have a negative opinion about sprint? Maybe - I liked Halo the way it was before. Is Halo 5 bad, and do I think the inclusion of sprint is going to determine the success of the game? Lol no, get real.

Who decides HCS settings? I am fearful that a playlist w out sprint will be a half assed, 5-month post release update to appease us "whiners" who want to play classic settings outside customs. It's always a fucking compromise with this company.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And only 8% want sprint, whereas 92% have a different opinion on the matter.

Glad that's setteled then, no sprint it is!

You guys are so concerned about sprint it's hilarious. The only real factor that will determine Halo 5's success is if it's more enjoyable than the next Call of Duty.

• Downvote (-1) 7

You guys are so concerned about sprint it's hilarious. The only real factor that will determine Halo 5's success is if it's more enjoyable than the next Call of Duty.

Or the fact it has Halo in the title?

Insert coin try again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can't beat call of duty with a ripoff of call of duty. You just can't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except that wasn't an option. If more than 11% of people really wanted sprint gone entirely, then that would be reflected in the poll.

Of course that was an option lol.

"bad players won't get slaughtered"

why can't they just play something else, a casual gamer by definition will just find something else they enjoy.

Or hear me out we have ranked playlists and social playlists with base core mechanics to allow crossover when the player gets better...you know something that hasn't been in the flops of the series that are online.

I will forever use counterstrike as an example who uses pro player input to design the core, a good core develops a good game.

Loch can you please stop shitting all over the thread

We get it, you think the 11% figure is an actual one

Everyone else with a brain knows that's bullshit