CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Nothing about balancing automatics?

Zoom is going to be modified, with headshot damage lowered.

I get that you're upset, but you should probably calm the fuck down, you sound ridiculous

lets not imply everybody whos trying to make a living by using their computer skills is torturing people...

I mean christ, some of you would do a lot better if you just tried to articulate your opinions in a less childish fit of rage manner and in a more adult fashion. 

If you think that the people here in these forums have not "articulated" their concerns in a mature fashion FOR YEARS  - you are clueless bro.

I think we have reached a point where we can understand or give a little slack to people who are upset over watching their favorite game go down the shitter a little bit more with each release.  And this is the place where people can be transparent and honest, hell, even vent a little. 

I have disagreements with people here all the time, with the way they post, how they post, etc --- and I do not reply to them with "Stop being childish, stop complaining, your wrong!" 

In your eyes - someone being childish = unproductive/innapropriate

In my eyes - someone calling someone childish = the same thing as above.

Im not trying to say all this to be a dick - just giving you a different perspective, make with it what you will. *cheers*

• Upvote (+1) 4

Treyarchs CoD is the only console shooter I have any faith in. And not even competitively. I've given up on competitive shooters. It's the only upcoming FPS that I can even imagine holding my attention.

Many people stated that if you bump up the base spartan speed. It would be perfect for the maps still. And they have done just that. 

I would rather have no sprint altogether but we got what we asked for. Nothing much else to say.

Those people are dumb. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Treyarchs CoD is the only console shooter I have any faith in. And not even competitively. I've given up on competitive shooters. It's the only upcoming FPS that I can even imagine holding my attention.

Hopefully it's a WW2 shooter with Blops 2 competitiveness.

Honestly, it's like NFS turning into a Mario Kart style of game with all these stupid changes in Halo's gameplay. Screw 343. Feel sorry for the mods that put up with this series, it is finished at this point.

The pre-order numbers and day 1/week 1 sales are gonna be great because a lot of ppl are gonna read the blog and think "they get it"...yes!! no sprint, not realizing that a toggle doesn't fix any of the issues that sprint brought to the game outside of hitting a button to run faster. This is Halo Reach all over again. I bought that game thinking "I'll play the playlists without sprint and enjoy myself" not realizing how limited I was gonna be after purchasing the game or how much it was gonna plague the competitive community and split us from the rest of the halo community. Halo 5 is most likely gonna go down the path of Reach, great numbers on launch then slowly but surely it's gonna die. Then they'll rinse and repeat the same tactic for halo 6. It's all about sales at the end of the day, fuck your enjoyment, did you already spend $60 on the product? cool...now go away and wait till the next halo game to see if we listened.

Like I said before...all we can do is hope that MCC is fully functional to enjoy real halo. 343 was never going to remove anything from the game, just alter them enough to lure ppl who were skeptical about purchasing the game. This will be the first Halo game I don't buy on launch day, i'm sick of getting treated like a battered wife.

Those are the numbers are referring to. It's a shame they're going to have good sales just because they have the Halo name behind them. Once the honeymoon phase wears out we'll see the real numbers, unless 343 hide them in this game too.

I can't believe it has come to me wanting Halo to fail.

Nothing about balancing automatics?

They removed the head shot multiplier, so I don't really think there's a problem now. I enjoy the automatics being viable against the precision rifles 

Hahah god damn everyone in this forum is fucking delusional. You didn't actually think they were going to remove sprint, right? Jesus Christ. They've been very clear on their stance on sprint. I can totally believe only 11% wanted sprint removed. I'm a hardcore Halo player (and was a 48 in MLG going in solo, if that matters - been playing since H1) - sprint is fine. Do I like it? I'm not sure, but it's not as bad as this group thinks it is. Halo 5 had excellent gameplay - if you think otherwise you're probably looking for the release of Halo 2.5, which is never going to come.

This isn't a case of "adapting," it's about accepting. What was once fantastic gameplay is no longer marketable. 343 is a company with priorities. They need to sell copies to make money. No one is buying a rehash of Halo CE/2. I want the game to feel improved - and it does. Halo 5 feels fantastic. Anyone still bitching about sprint belongs to a SMALL MINORITY. That's why the 11% isn't likely to be a lie - because the majority of people just don't give a shit about it; they recognize good gameplay and aren't stuck on circlejerking about the good ol' days.

The fact that everyone here is bitching about this update is a testament to how fundamentally fucked the "core competitive" players. You're not a core competitive player, you're a relic who can't accept change.

I'm sincerely not trolling, you people are hopeless. They gave you everything you asked for.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 61

This isn't a case of "adapting," it's about accepting.

My bad for not wanting to accept shitty mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hahah god damn everyone in this forum is fucking delusional. You didn't actually think they were going to remove sprint, right? Jesus Christ. They've been very clear on their stance on sprint. I can totally believe only 11% wanted sprint removed. I'm a hardcore Halo player (and was a 48 in MLG going in solo, if that matters - been playing since H1) - sprint is fine. Do I like it? I'm not sure, but it's not as bad as this group thinks it is. Halo 5 had excellent gameplay - if you think otherwise you're probably looking for the release of Halo 2.5, which is never going to come.

This isn't a case of "adapting," it's about accepting. What was once fantastic gameplay is no longer marketable. 343 is a company with priorities. They need to sell copies to make money. No one is buying a rehash of Halo CE/2. I want the game to feel improved - and it does. Halo 5 feels fantastic. Anyone still bitching about sprint belongs to a SMALL MINORITY. That's why the 11% isn't likely to be a lie - because the majority of people just don't give a shit about it; they recognize good gameplay and aren't stuck on circlejerking about the good ol' days.

The fact that everyone here is bitching about this update is a testament to how fundamentally fucked the "core competitive" players. You're not a core competitive player, you're a relic who can't accept change.

I'm sincerely not trolling, you people are hopeless. They gave you everything you asked for.

giphy.gif

lol, nah.....

• Upvote (+1) 2