CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Sigh....I saw it coming. Actually everything else that will be changed goes in the right direction.

What we don't know: What do those other 90 % think? Does the majority of thise 90% really want sprint IN? Really? Or do they just not care (and not know Halo at all, but thats for another day)?

What we also don't know is whether this Halo 4.5 version will feature BTB as heavily as was the case in Halo 4. We don't know at all what direction the full game will take.

The existing maps (that we know of) were made for sprint, COD type of run-and-gun movement with little strategy. I jfor one ust can't handle another Halo 4...

it's more like run or gun, run and gun would be too halo for it to be in the game. I think the game is way better than h4 and reach, though it can still do better if idiots weren't making the game.

This is what you guys should've been expecting.

Sprint getting ripped out entirely was never going to happen.

11%?

IDJyi9y.gif

toggles doh?

6FClthi.gif

LOL @ 11% don't want sprint in Halo...sorry, I don't believe that shit. 11% is not a big enough number for them to add toggles, that number is much higher

Good point

the fact that they never mention how many ppl played the beta vs the 2.7M that placed the Reach Beta. I see what you did there 343. 

343 seems afraid of population lol, is halocharts h4 pop even still up? Coach do you have a copy of the sprint question? post it please?

We're dead. Goodbye. Don't care. Fuck Halo.

Halo isn't dead, it's just paralyzed and mentally disabled.

The difference with Reach is that we have a ranking system and no bloom BR from the get go, HUGE difference. Let's see how 343 handle maps and forge and we're theoretically pretty much set even though there is still NO REASON to buy h5 day one knowing 343s track record of sweeping bugs under the rug until launch, not even launching a game with team doubles etc till months later and until MCC is "exactly how we remember it".

Could the reduction in sprint speed reduce map size?

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's pretty obvious that they manipulated the polls too suit there bias if there was say 5 options the votes would obviously be spread out and 343 would pick the lowest number to misrepresent how many people don't want sprint.

Holmes comes off as a massive hypocrite after that tweet about bias yet 343 is manipulating polls just give us a Yes or No poll about Sprint and the results would be different.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is what you guys should've been expecting.

Sprint getting ripped out entirely was never going to happen.

Yeah.

It was a mistake for some of you to expect it going away, hell, some of you even started hyping it yesterday when ninja was supposedly dropping "intel"

Some of you never learn. 

Well reading some of the comments people are still not happy.

For me i like what we got. Finally can have no sprint and it looks like they mostly listened to us. 

Still wont pre-order but I'm happier then i was yesterday for Halo 5. :)

this. 

forge and customs in this game will be legit so long as it's not broken when i pick it up. 

nothing about thruster though? i wonder what else they haven't mentioned yet 

toggles doh?

It's not going to matter much. No non-sprint maps will be made and 343 will be the only large supporter for Halo tournaments and you can bet that Sprint will be in every one.

:lol:

This is the stuff that people aren't thinking about....they have the "no-sprint toggle" blinders on and are completely ignoring everything else. 343 have lured so many ppl back in with their bullshit.

And they'll never understand bro. I don't get how they don't see it. I can already see how the timeline will go.

- Competitive play/HCS will start off with Sprint on all the default maps.

- It's going to suck JUST like Reach/Halo 4.

- We're going to attempt the no sprint toggle.

- Maps are going to suck JUST like Reach/Halo 4.

- Forge new maps that work great without sprint.

- No one wants to play these constant forge maps anymore.

- Population will die.

- All the playlist in the game will diminish except BTB the moment another game comes out because the desire to play this game will be nil.

- GG no re

As much as a lot of us would love to express our opinions without anger.. It's impossible with this company. They don't understand anything and I just hope MCC is fixed soon so I can at least enjoy the rest of my CE and H2C pub stomping era before everyone jumps ship to H5 and the game dies.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I am in no way advocating sprint, but hasn't a toggle for sprint been asked for since Reach? It's pretty obvious they weren't going to get rid of sprint completely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am in no way advocating sprint, but hasn't a toggle for sprint been asked for since Reach? It's pretty obvious they weren't going to get rid of sprint completely.

That was back when MLG was still supporting Halo. We have UGC and Iron Games now, but they're going to do whatever 343 wants them to do so they can be included in the Halo championship series. Sprint will be in every large tournament.

Suh3Fep.png

Dan: Hey look, sprint killed Reach and Halo 4, do they even play it in MCC? Lol. However, let's keep it, they'll love it eventually.

Josh: I agree Dan. Back to work everyone. 

oh how I hate 343 

• Upvote (+1) 2

And they'll never understand bro. I don't get how they don't see it. I can already see how the timeline will go.

- Population will die.

- All the playlist in the game will diminish except BTB the moment another game comes out because the desire to play this game will be nil.

- GG no re

As much as a lot of us would love to express our opinions without anger.. It's impossible with this company. They don't understand anything and I just hope MCC is fixed soon so I can at least enjoy the rest of my CE and H2C pub stomping era before everyone jumps ship to H5 and the game dies.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't see any mention of classic scope being added

So yup, fuck h5, hopefully mcc is fixed

Majorly disappointed with this. Not surprised with sprint, at least the difference between it and base movement is smaller. Also disappointed they didn't talk more about weapon changes.

Nothing about balancing automatics?

They did say something about the balancing with automatics with smart link, about it.

:lol:

This is the stuff that people aren't thinking about....they have the "no-sprint toggle" blinders on and are completely ignoring everything else. 343 have lured so many ppl back in with their bullshit.

Which is exactly what they want. Some of the posts in this thread have been so disappointing with people settling.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't worry guys, Battlefront will be good

Fixed. No Battlefront 3. They are rebooting the series.

It's not going to matter much. No non-sprint maps will be made and 343 will be the only large supporter for Halo tournaments and you can bet that Sprint will be in every one.

Yeah i'm just hoping for a non sprint/no bloom but ranked playlist but really doubt it's gonna happen, who's gonna make the gametypes and test/organize them when it would take focus from new h5 features? There would be point anyways until MCC is fixed and if it is then why would I play H5 so...

Also the decreased sprint speed may affect map size?

Don't worry guys, Battlefront 3 will be good

inb4 Battlefront is BF2143, and it's a reboot..not  a sequel.

- Population will die.

- GG no re

ahh....the vicious cycle continues. Do not buy this coaster of a game.

And what no-sprint gametypes do you think you're going to be playing?

What no-sprint maps are you going to be playing them on?

Many people stated that if you bump up the base spartan speed. It would be perfect for the maps still. And they have done just that. 

I would rather have no sprint altogether but we got what we asked for. Nothing much else to say.