CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Well reading some of the comments people are still not happy.

For me i like what we got. Finally can have no sprint and it looks like they mostly listened to us. 

Still wont pre-order but I'm happier then i was yesterday for Halo 5. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The questions in the survey were worded in a way that they could make the results say anything

"The results from the HCFP surveys showed that nearly 11% of HCFP participants felt that Halo should not have sprint."

Below is an example of how they can manipulate the votes - NOT A QUOTE FROM343

11% voted halo should NOT have sprint

80% voted would prefer halo not to have sprint

8% would accept sprint if it was balanced

1% voted halo needs sprint

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that 11%

This is exactly what I was thinking how he came up with this crap number! I'm like come on.. I already knew it was going to be manipulated in a way so they can make it sound like Sprint is preferred. 

Can we get a Josh Holmes emote that has #BIAS underneath his face. 

If there was any other example of selection bias on Earth, this would win in a landslide.

I do like what they did with sprint.  I think CS GO got movement perfectly.  Holding a knife out is just a slight boost in speed to get around slightly quicker.  On top of that you basically can't move at all once you are getting hit at which makes players want to position themselves more effectively in CS GO.  The changes that they made to player speed and sprint speed basically just makes sprint a slight boost just like the knife.  The one thing Halo 5 is missing is being punished for being in a bad position.  To solve that problem I think sprint should be disabled from players if they are not full shields.  Therefore players will not be able to get out of bad situations because of their bad positioning. 

If 343 adds that one last change to sprint, then I personally feel like that sprint could work in Halo 5.

And yet that completely ignores the final nail in the coffin that Sprint causes: No matter what, as long as a faster movement option exists for the base character in a standard match, maps will continue to be elongated on a horizontal level for that sake. It doesn't matter if you've killed its ability to be used as an escape option. You can still use it to move faster than the base movement speed. This means maps must be elongated for that purpose in general, because now people can get around faster at some points. And this is a huge problem with Halo 5's maps, because fuck Truth, and Eden, and Regret, and Pegasus (Empire actually felt like it was sorta okay given that its verticality was taken advantage of more than the other maps. And I felt it worked well with Strongholds) and their fucking gigantic map layout.

Maps are more affected by these added mechanics than any other element in the game, because you have to plan and change them according to several different possible scenarios. The simpler the gameplay is, the easier it is not to come out with a map like fucking Eden and Sword Base.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I bet you if they E-Mailed everyone right now a poll Yes or No for sprint in Halo 5 at least 91% would say no sprint going by them 5 choices.  They need to quit bullshitting us. 

*cough @Sal1ent @Deez

we've had polls from the 3 top halo communities (two of which are more casual) that heavily favored no sprint and we got told it was selective bias....but creating specific polls to benefit their survey isn't. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well reading some of the comments people are still not happy.

For me i like what we got. Finally can have no sprint and it looks like they mostly listened to us. 

Still wont pre-order but I'm happier then i was yesterday for Halo 5. :)

The thing for me is, even if they remove sprint...What solves the maps being r*tardedly big?

You know they'll still focus on designing maps that will be perfect for sprint, but will suck ass for no sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like the see the full results. Because if 11% said "Fuck sprint altogether" the number of people who said "Sprint gimme gimme gimme" has gotta be like ridiculously small.

My guess is most of the votes went to the other 3 options.

that's why they gave other options. If it was a yes/no answer, the numbers would be in a large favor for no. Every single poll on Waypoint showed that. They went out to find a way to justify their game, they manipulated questions and were able to make the numbers favor their decisions. We all knew it was going to happen, but we still tried to play their game and fill out their crappy survey. It's sad. They should release the full results of the survey questions. That will be the only way to truly know the real results of the survey.

I don't know how any employee at 343 can sleep at night, knowing that they are slowly torturing and killing one of the most beloved franchises of all time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's exactly what I expected. The best thing they could do now is allow shooting while thrusting and clambering to make the player more powerful. Still disappointed that they're not changing smart scope to drastically.

And what no-sprint gametypes do you think you're going to be playing?

What no-sprint maps are you going to be playing them on?

:lol:

This is the stuff that people aren't thinking about....they have the "no-sprint toggle" blinders on and are completely ignoring everything else. 343 have lured so many ppl back in with their bullshit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fool @Joshittonstate pulls out the self-selection bias card when he is presented with polls from three community forums, then decides to withhold the methdologies for arriving at the results for his own poll?

Why would you trust these results if 343 cannot even figure out how to count to 50 in a slayer game or count to 4 on a team? 

#mathematics

we've had polls from the 3 top halo communities (two of which are more casual) that heavily favored no sprint and we got told it was selective bias....but creating specific polls to benefit their survey isn't. 

Its like there trying to avoid it because they know its true, they must have some huge egos or something.

I don't know how any employee at 343 can sleep at night, knowing that they are slowly torturing and killing one of the most beloved franchises of all time.

Well, Kevin Franklin probably teached them a thing or two.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get that you're upset, but you should probably calm the fuck down, you sound ridiculous

lets not imply everybody whos trying to make a living by using their computer skills is torturing people...

I mean christ, some of you would do a lot better if you just tried to articulate your opinions in a less childish fit of rage manner and in a more adult fashion. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 9

So if I do the math right. 11% of 19000 people only 2090 people knew that sprint was bad and the almost 17000+ thought it was good? Something seems fishy here. I really think that people might have read the questions wrong and they need to come out with a straight answer in the question with YES or NO. Granted I am happy that sprint can be toggled, but I think there was a loaded question to where people would answer into their favor just so they could keep sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get that you're upset, but you should probably calm the fuck down, you sound ridiculous

lets not imply everybody whos trying to make a living by using their computer skills is torturing people...

I mean christ, some of you would do a lot better if you just tried to articulate your opinions in a less childish fit of rage manner and in a more adult fashion. 

I have been doing the latter for 4 years. You telling me to be formal after all that time is making you sound ridiculous 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The piles of cash they sleep on must help

Money > Good game

RIP Halo

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sigh....I saw it coming. Actually everything else that will be changed goes in the right direction.

What we don't know: What do those other 90 % think? Does the majority of thise 90% really want sprint IN? Really? Or do they just not care (and not know Halo at all, but thats for another day)?

What we also don't know is whether this Halo 4.5 version will feature BTB as heavily as was the case in Halo 4. We don't know at all what direction the full game will take.

The existing maps (that we know of) were made for sprint, COD type of run-and-gun movement with little strategy.  I jfor one ust can't handle another Halo 4...

Except hes 100% correct. 

Why should he act less childish when a child could do a better job than 343?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only thing that can save this game for me are great casual game types, invasion or space battles would be welcome

Halo is already dead. 343 just dance and piss on the grave. Now they dig out, laugh at it, dig in again.

• Upvote (+1) 2