CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Guys, I wouldn't get too hung up on the 11%. The survey was crafted in a way that makes that result misrepresentative. The amount of people that would truly prefer to play without sprint is probably substantially larger. We can't talk about it, but let's just say I'm not a part of that 11% purposely in order to maximize my feedback potential.

And if you think I find sprint acceptable you are sadly fucking mistaken.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That 11% statistic is bullshit and 343 knows it. They weren't asked if they like Sprint or not, they were asked if it was the #1 issue.

• Upvote (+1) 4

• Bring back the SPNKr Rocket Launcher as a legendary version of the weapon

halo-2-rocket-launcher-aebc7072a8d14511a

:weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

*3 months after release and the game is dying because all the sprint lovers ran back to COD because it takes forever to kill ppl in halo, thus ruining their enjoyment*

343: We fucked up. We would like to apologize to all the Halo fans out there, the ones that are still left playing the game. We should have listened more, we should have given you exactly what you wanted. We finally....get it. We are sorry. Halo 6 will be everything you want and more.

*loud claps from the 4 people left in the communtiy*

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wait a fucking minute.

Many people felt that Reach v7 was better than H3. ok. Now, we are back to reach days, except that we wont be playing on grey maps 95% of the time. Quinn stated that H5's maps will mostly be based on 4v4 / 2v2 games. With 110% 120% base speed, the maps will NOT be a fucking problem here as long as they arent shit. And really, fuck splitting the community. If thats what it takes to have halo back, fuck it.

People who want to play sprint settings are not people I want to play with in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 4

For once, I am glad about that blog post...many good things are added(or removed) and things that we needed are there, it's up to us to build on it and make it for the best. They have proved(at least partially) that they are willing to listen to us, we just need to keep up the good work (in here, twitter etc etc) so they can listen and make more changes and bring back the Halo that we love. I am not 100% satisfied with the update but(IMO) it's a step in the right direction to get my Halo back.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That 11% statistic is bullshit and 343 knows it. They weren't asked if they like Sprint or not, they were asked if it was the #1 issue. 343 has raised the incompetence bar to 11.

Do you know how to do basic math? 19k people signed up, not everybody took the poll, how many of us do you think there are? Do you honestly believe there are 2000 competitive players who hate sprint that are active enough to do the feedback survey? Not to mention, some of us probably said it plays okay with sprint (not me so calm your tits).

The number seems right. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not going to lie, they fulfilled my minimum requirement for buying the game. Depending on when ranks and decent playlists come out, is when ill consider picking it up.

This is the exact attitude they want.

It won't. I can't wait for them to tell us that from all the surveys we've done that the "majority" said they loved sprint and all the new features without giving us a proper number or giving us a false number so they can continue making their garbage version of halo.

Do not set yourselves up for depression, this goes out to everyone on the forum. 343 WILL NOT change their vision for Halo. All we can do is hope for a fully functional MCC, because they made that collection for those that wanted classic/real Halo so they can continue fucking up the franchise with their next-gen Halo.

kanye-west-i-told-you-so.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

The 11% isn't from a simple yes or no question. IIRC there were four or five possible answers to that question, with most including a caveat or qualifier.

It would be much more telling if we knew how many also said they were happy with sprint as it was in the Beta or didn't care either way.

Frankly 11% outright against sprint is more than I expected from a limited survey.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you know how to do basic math? 19k people signed up, not everybody took the poll, how many of us do you think there are? Do you honestly believe there are 2000 competitive players who hate sprint that are active enough to do the feedback survey? Not to mention, some of us probably said it plays okay with sprint (not me so calm your tits).

The number seems right. 

What are you talking about? That's not what I'm arguing. Did you take the survey? It did not ask whether people like sprint or not, just if it is the #1 issue. "11% do not want sprint" is not correct due to the misleading survey.

• Upvote (+1) 3

People who want to play sprint settings are not people I want to play with in the first place.

Can you rephrase that? I cant relate it to my post.

I do like what they did with sprint.  I think CS GO got movement perfectly.  Holding a knife out is just a slight boost in speed to get around slightly quicker.  On top of that you basically can't move at all once you are getting hit at which makes players want to position themselves more effectively in CS GO.  The changes that they made to player speed and sprint speed basically just makes sprint a slight boost just like the knife.  The one thing Halo 5 is missing is being punished for being in a bad position.  To solve that problem I think sprint should be disabled from players if they are not full shields.  Therefore players will not be able to get out of bad situations because of their bad positioning. 

If 343 adds that one last change to sprint, then I personally feel like that sprint could work in Halo 5.

I'm glad they've kept it in, hopefully when the game's numbers at yet again laughable it might...FINALLY...open their eyes.

Probably not, though.

Another poll with 2 options. Yes and No.

They'll never do that, because they know exactly which side would win and they don't want that, so instead they'll give you 5 different questions that they can manipulate in their favor. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Never mind. I thought you were disagreeing with me. Got confused.

That 11% has a bigger asterisk than Barry Bonds' 762. 

Proud to say I was a part of that 11%

• Upvote (+1) 1

They'll never do that, because they know exactly which side would win and they don't want that, so instead they'll give you 5 different questions that they can manipulate in their favor. 

I'd like the see the full results. Because if 11% said "Fuck sprint altogether" the number of people who said "Sprint gimme gimme gimme" has gotta be like ridiculously small.

My guess is most of the votes went to the other 3 options.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm glad they've kept it in, hopefully when the game's numbers at yet again laughable it might...FINALLY...open their eyes.

Probably not, though.

The pre-order numbers and day 1/week 1 sales are gonna be great because a lot of ppl are gonna read the blog and think "they get it"...yes!! no sprint, not realizing that a toggle doesn't fix any of the issues that sprint brought to the game outside of hitting a button to run faster. This is Halo Reach all over again. I bought that game thinking "I'll play the playlists without sprint and enjoy myself" not realizing how limited I was gonna be after purchasing the game or how much it was gonna plague the competitive community and split us from the rest of the halo community. Halo 5 is most likely gonna go down the path of Reach, great numbers on launch then slowly but surely it's gonna die. Then they'll rinse and repeat the same tactic for halo 6. It's all about sales at the end of the day, fuck your enjoyment, did you already spend $60 on the product? cool...now go away and wait till the next halo game to see if we listened.

Like I said before...all we can do is hope that MCC is fully functional to enjoy real halo. 343 was never going to remove anything from the game, just alter them enough to lure ppl who were skeptical about purchasing the game. This will be the first Halo game I don't buy on launch day, i'm sick of getting treated like a battered wife.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I bet you if they E-Mailed everyone right now a poll Yes or No for sprint in Halo 5 at least 91% would say no sprint going by them 5 choices.  They need to quit bullshitting us. 

*cough @Sal1ent @Deez