CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'll say this though.  At least the game will be better than vanilla reach and 4.

Also is there any information on aesthetic changes? I was hoping to see the issues with visuals given some mention.

We're dead. Goodbye. Don't care. Fuck Halo.

cya in a few hours

OT: We still don't know how an increased movement/strafing speed and reduced sprint will feel. I'm reserving my judgement before I say "sprints still in fuck halo fuck [email protected]"

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll say this though.  At least the game will be better than vanilla reach and 4.

it's still fucking garbage

• Upvote (+1) 2

So the Beyond Championship Series is going to be a thing if HCS has all the Abilities, right?

BCS-logo.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

The questions in the survey were worded in a way that they could make the results say anything

"The results from the HCFP surveys showed that nearly 11% of HCFP participants felt that Halo should not have sprint."

11% voted halo should NOT have sprint

80% voted would prefer halo not to have sprint

8% would accept sprint if it was balanced

1% voted halo needs sprint

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that 11%

Yup.....343 really think they are slick lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is exactly why they add toggles, to reel you in. Then when you buy the game, midship is still too big and you're stuck playing 1 or 2 playlists without it or the other abilities while hating 90% of a game you spent $60 on. Marketing 101.

Thats why i said ill consider it depending on different factors, after launch. I'll decide when the right time to buy it is, considering the possibilities of the state of competetive halo, ranking functionality, available playlists, forging features, maps, custom games community, etc. It'll all add up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The questions in the survey were worded in a way that they could make the results say anything

"The results from the HCFP surveys showed that nearly 11% of HCFP participants felt that Halo should not have sprint."

11% voted halo should NOT have sprint

80% voted would prefer halo not to have sprint

8% would accept sprint if it was balanced

1% voted halo needs sprint

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that 11%

Wait is this an actual quote? I didn't bother to read after seeing sprint toggle, but

11% said no and 80% said they prefer it not to be in the game? Isn't that the same damn thing?!!! WTF IS THIS?!?!?! A FUCKING INSANITY TEST!?!?!? THAT'S 91% THAT SAY NO! WHETHER IT SAYS "NO" OR "PREFER NOT TO", IT'S STILL FUCKING NO!  

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Wait is this an actual quote? I didn't bother to read after seeing sprint toggle, but

11% said no and 80% said they prefer it not to be in the game? Isn't that the same damn thing?!!! WTF IS THIS?!?!?! A FUCKING INSANITY TEST!?!?!? THAT'S 91% THAT SAY NO! WHETHER IT SAYS NO OR PREFER NOT TO, IT'S STILL FUCKING NO!  

The part in the quotation marks is a quote......

The rest is just an example of how people could have voted they don't want sprint and 343 could make it look like they do

11% + 80% = 91% at least we know 343 still can't do math.

sprint movement speed turned down an base movement speed up'd is a start i guess but who knows they could be lying about that too.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Matchmaking is a luxury, and it would be nice to have more than one(if we even get one) no-sprint playlist, but we're gonna have to start small.

Shame the Halo community is so spoiled. We're getting the tools to make something good, but will ignore them in favor of just having things handed to us.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The part in the quotation marks is a quote......

The rest is just an example of how people could have voted they don't want sprint and 343 could make it look like they do

Omg dude, that pissed me off so bad. I thought that was an actual list. Jesus.

*3 months after release and the game is dying because all the sprint lovers ran back to COD because it takes forever to kill ppl in halo, thus ruining their enjoyment*

343: We fucked up. We would like to apologize to all the Halo fans out there, the ones that are still left playing the game. We should have listened more, we should have given you exactly what you wanted. We finally....get it. We are sorry. Halo 6 will be everything you want and more.

• Upvote (+1) 3

80% of the semi-good changes they mentioned won't anyway happen. Wouldnt be suprised if all custom options are not included at start of H5 and only updated over time cause its their fav option to work and solve problems

What is the fucking point of having Sprint now? They have now not only nerfed it's top speed, but buffed the base speed. WHY IS IT IN THE GAME @@Sal1ent @@Deez

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lol @Blue Team having 52.55% victories. No surprise considering how blue spartans were almost impossible to see on some maps.

I'm not even going to say something about these 11%...sure 343, sure.

How can something like that even happen? After 20 million games played it should have been as close to 50:50 as possible.

IIRC most of the maps were even sort of symmetrical, so how the hell can team blue have 5% more victories than team red?

Just shows you how 343 fails at "balanced" starts at the absolute most basic level.

• Upvote (+1) 4

*3 months after release and the game is dying because all the sprint loves run back to COD because it takes forever to kill ppl in halo, thus ruining their enjoyment*

343: We fucked up. We would like to apologize to all the Halo fans out there, the ones that are still left playing the game. We should have listened more, we should have given you exactly what you wanted. We finally....get it. We are sorry. Halo 6 will be everything you want and more.

We have brought back the Pistol... but made it HITSCAN!!

Wait a fucking minute.

Many people felt that Reach v7 was better than H3. ok. Now, we are back to reach days, except that we wont be playing on grey maps 95% of the time. Quinn stated that H5's maps will mostly be based on 4v4 / 2v2 games. With 110% 120% base speed, the maps will NOT be a fucking problem here as long as they arent shit. And really, fuck splitting the community. If thats what it takes to have halo back, fuck it.

• Upvote (+1) 1