CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It's the most ironic thing ever, as 343 want the experience to be the same across the board in H2A, but in H5 they are bringing out a toggle for all the bullshit. I literally don't get this company. 

Also forgot to add, old rockets are back :prayers:

• Bring back the SPNKr Rocket Launcher as a legendary version of the weapon

Why can't they just go back to the old, better design instead of trying to continue on with the ridiculous design philosophy of "making it our game?"

There are just some things that you shouldn't change, especially those which are long-running and iconic.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did anyone else notice how he said the average playtime of a person who participated in the feedback program was 900 HOURS???? Seems a bit umm.........

• Upvote (+1) 5

They lowered Sprint Speed, and increased movement and strafe speed.

Hmm that sounds interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sprint will never be good, and I don't expect 343 to ever remove it because they want to be like everyone else.

A toggle is the best I could ask for, and that's what I'm getting. Halo 5 finally has potential to be a really good game.

Also removing nades being shot out of your hand is phenomenal. I think there's someone out there listening specifically to my complaints, because they fixed that and the reticle not being at the center of the screen.

• Upvote (+1) 4

A toggle for Spartan Abilities is great for customs games but it is literally the worst thing that can happen for the competitive side. It's going to be like Halo: Reach/Halo 4 all over again. 

We all want Sprint and the random dumb shit like Stabilizers out but 343 are going to keep it on for HCS. 

ughhhh, this is gonna suck.

Yeah that's a shame, idk how anyone else feels but I'd much rather have a lower population game with better settings then get a few more viewers and play terrible settings. I say a few more viewers because it obviously makes an impact using default settings, but the impact is less then most people make it out to be.

Were you only able to sign up for the feedback program by going to the waypoint site or could you get emailed an invitation?

I would be surprised if Waypoint was the only way to register, but if there was emails sent out or some other way to get informed this wouldn't surprise me much. Forum posters are some of the most dedicated usually, but they never represent the majority of consumers. Out of my friends, most of them enjoy sprint, probably at least 90% of them, so this doesn't shock me if random people were somehow approached for feedback.

11% 

Fuck that. 

With that being said, 343 should owe it to the halo community that another beta be put in place, coming up 3 months for MCC. I love the fact that they never mention how many ppl played the beta vs the 2.7M that placed the Reach Beta. I see what you did there 343. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Were you only able to sign up for the feedback program by going to the waypoint site or could you get emailed an invitation?

I would be surprised if Waypoint was the only way to register, but if there was emails sent out or some other way to get informed this wouldn't surprise me much. Forum posters are some of the most dedicated usually, but they never represent the majority of consumers. Out of my friends, most of them enjoy sprint, probably at least 90% of them, so this doesn't shock me if random people were somehow approached for feedback.

You had to sign up somewhere else. It was only available to US players as well. Don't think it was on Waypoint. Probably a Uservoice website (usually what MS uses for betas, XBone OS betas for example)

• Upvote (+1) 1

So they're increasing the base movement speed and reduce the sprint speed across the board?
We need to push this further, make sprint speed as fast as basic movement speed - problem solved (and the waypoint fucktards won't even notice it).

:kappa:

I don't believe 11% for one second.

11% would have been the percentange for just the answer that sprint will never work in Halo. There were other options like prefer no sprint, or would only accept sprint if it was balanced in X way.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

I'm not going to lie, they fulfilled my minimum requirement for buying the game. Depending on when ranks and decent playlists come out, is when ill consider picking it up.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

11% would have been the percentange for just the answer that sprint will never work in Halo. There were other options like prefer no sprint, or would only accept sprint if it was balanced in X way.

Yeah, I'm curious what the numbers for those doubting sprint in any way would have been.

EDIT: I guess another question now is do we get a chance to try this out? Or are these planned changes they're including in the final build?

Yeah, I was waiting around, reading, hoping for actually good news.... but we still have a crappy game coming out imo. I mean, it's probably going to be better than it was, but I don't see it being a great Halo game. I'm.... I'm just going to go to lunch. I need some time to process this crap. 11%... Ha! GG 343.

I wonder how maps designed for these abilities will play without them.

Depending on how much the base speed is increased, they could actually work out fine without sprint. Clamber will probably need to be kept, as well as thruster.

I'm not going to lie, they fulfilled my minimum requirement for buying the game. 

This is exactly why they add toggles, to reel you in. Then when you buy the game, midship is still too big and you're stuck playing 1 or 2 playlists without it or the other abilities while hating 90% of a game you spent $60 on. Marketing 101.

• Upvote (+1) 9