CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

When he said 11% not wanting sprint it more then likely wasnt a "yes for sprint, no for no sprint" answer. It was just the people that said it was the #1 issue. 

A toggle for Spartan Abilities is great for customs games but it is literally the worst thing that can happen for the competitive side. It's going to be like Halo: Reach/Halo 4 all over again. 

We all want Sprint and the random dumb shit like Stabilizers out but 343 are going to keep it on for HCS. 

ughhhh, this is gonna suck.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has the blog been released? Anything happened?

Check Cyren's post.

Cliffs:

-Toggles for SA's and Sprint

-Apparently 11% of the community thought Sprint shouldn't be part of Halo

-Halo Reach 2.0

The results from the HCFP surveys showed that nearly 11% of HCFP participants felt that Halo should not have sprint.

11%......?

11%.....?

ELEVEN PERCENT....?!?!?!?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!

I freaking called it!! This has to be a lie... There's no way in hell 11% voted against sprint.. Absolutely not.

• Upvote (+1) 4

11%......?

11%.....?

I freaking called it!! This has to be a lie... There's no way in hell 11% voted against sprint.. Absolutely not.

Maybe he meant 110%?

• Upvote (+1) 6

11%......?

11%.....?

they got the data off a question that asked what you disliked the most. NOT a "yes for sprint, no for no sprint" question. 11% isnt bad when you consider all the other horrid things they added.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well that is a confirmed no buy for me. I am not putting myself through a Reach again. I have already dragged my nuts through glass for this series, and now they have replaced the glass with acid instead. NahDudeFckThat

In a way, I'm not shocked. I have no faith that the majority of people who took that survey have any knowledge of sprint and the effects it has on the game. I feel there's more "get-to-the-action-faster-while-feeling-like-a-Spartan"ers than we think.

Anyway, I like matchmaking. I always have. I like ranks and the like. I'm not buying Halo to play customs in grey ass forge maps for eternity because 343i feels the need to shoehorn in bullshit, unjustifiable game mechanics. I'm not playing a Halo infinitely worse than it could be for the simple reason that 343i doesn't understand their game well enough to know what's good or bad for it, holding out a small amount of hope that we get a moderately decent competitive playlist when there's only 300 people left to actually play it (Reach MLG).

That's how it's been for years and I'm not wasting more money on it. So yeah. Join the movement or whatever.

Remember the poll was done selectivly by the way, open poll would have been higher.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Remember the poll was done selectivly on a way, open poll would have been higher.

If there was an open poll then there would be Self Selection Bias, don't be silly!!!

• Upvote (+1) 3

In a way, I'm not shocked. I have no faith that the majority of people who took that survey have any knowledge of sprint and the effects it has on the game. I feel there's more "get-to-the-action-faster-while-feeling-like-a-Spartan"ers than we think.

A.K.A Casuals

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cyren, why don't you start a new thread about Holmes' blog post so everyone can see it? I think it's better that way.

How do we know the reduced sprint w/ sprint and increased base movement speed makes this a non factor? I need to wait and see first. It might be fine. 

I found myself not using sprint like 75% of the time. If it makes it even less of a factor I wont ever use it in MMing. It will play virtually the same as in MM and in custom games for me. 

I understand it being off would be better, but I'm going to wait and see first. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

they got the data off a question that asked what you disliked the most. NOT a "yes for sprint, no for no sprint" question. 11% isnt bad when you consider all the other horrid things they added.

This is why I'm mad I didn't get a chance to see the survey questions. I saw a couple people on here posting about "kinda" what they asked but not exact questions... That is complete and utter crap if you ask me.. Seriously.

11% is awful considering that honestly, I don't think majority of the game was that bad. But the sprint nonsense kills this franchise and I just... Don't. Get. Why. They. Don't. Fucking. See. That!

My god dude.. fuck this company, I swear to god..

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lol @Blue Team having 52.55% victories. No surprise considering how blue spartans were almost impossible to see on some maps.

I'm not even going to say something about these 11%...sure 343, sure.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Also forgot to add, old rockets are back :prayers:

• Bring back the SPNKr Rocket Launcher as a legendary version of the weapon --> so the hideous new thing is still there, they just made a legendary version of it...#truthhidingexperts

So the Beyond Championship Series is going to be a thing if HCS has all the Abilities, right?

• Upvote (+1) 3