CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The only thing that would make it unrealistic is the contract Bungie is under with Activision. But money talks, and Microsoft has a lot of it. If I was Phil Spencer, I'd be freaking out over 343's incompetence and on the phone with Bungie trying to negotiate a deal to take back Halo ASAP.

Guy... Activision is filthy fucking rich. It would cost WAY too much money to acquire Bungie. It would never be worth it. Not to mention Bungie WANTED to be independent from MS....

Source: I took 2nd grade math

Guy... Activision is filthy fucking rich. It would cost WAY too much money to acquire Bungie. It would never be worth it. Not to mention Bungie WANTED to be independent from MS....

Source: I took 2nd grade math

Microsoft has like a bottomless pit of money and whatever the price would be to save Halo, it'd be worth it in the long term. Halo is the main reason people choose Xbox over the others...it's the reason Xbox and Xbox Live exploded. Halo is going down under 343 and it's going down faster than Halo 4's population. If I was Phil Spencer, I'd be in a panic to dump 343.

Halo could be just as huge again as it was back in the Halo 2 and Halo 3 days if Bungie would make the game again and give us a genuine Halo title with the original formula.

• Downvote (-1) 5

I've never rocked with the "Halo has gotten worse with every release" mentality to the point where I hate 2 and 3 but I can't argue against it.

CE is the unquestionable most skillful one though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Microsoft has like a bottomless pit of money and whatever the price would be to save Halo, it'd be worth it in the long term. Halo is the main reason people choose Xbox over the others...it's the reason Xbox and Xbox Live exploded. Halo is going down under 343 and it's going down faster than Halo 4's population. If I was Phil Spencer, I'd be in a panic to dump 343.

Halo could be just as huge again as it was back in the Halo 2 and Halo 3 days if Bungie would make the game again and give us a genuine Halo title with the original formula.

Does vanilla Reach not exists for you? Bungie is the Destiny community's problem now, and after playing Destiny, lets keep it that way.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Does vanilla Reach not exists for you? You can even argue that Destiny is Reach 2. Bungie is the Destiny community's problem now. Lets keep it that way.

I hate pre-TU Reach just as much as anyone else. I'll say it again, if I were Phil Spencer I'd negotiate a deal with Bungie to have them make Halo again as long as it's similar to Halo 2/3, not Reach/Destiny. 343 has proven incompetent. Bungie has already proven to make amazing Halo games in Halo 2 and 3.

I hate pre-TU Reach just as much as anyone else. I'll say it again, if I were Phil Spencer I'd negotiate a deal with Bungie to have them make Halo again as long as it's similar to Halo 2/3, not Reach/Destiny. 343 has proven incompetent. Bungie has already proven to make amazing Halo games in Halo 2 and 3.

So you want Microsoft to force a developer to make a game they don't want to make? Great plan.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I get what you're saying and I think people are negging you a little harshly here. The problem with your suggestion is that it isn't realistic. There's no way a deal could or would be set up by Microsoft where Bungie are hired again but have to make Halo like the first 3. That kind of defeats the purpose of getting rid of 343 and getting back Bungie, considering that if such a deal were realistic, Microsoft could simply make it with 343 instead. They could say: "you know that early version of Halo 4 you made that was like classic Halo? Start making that instead", and it probably wouldn't be very different than getting Bungie and telling them to do the same thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you want Microsoft to force a developer to make a game they don't want to make? Great plan.

Nobody would be forced to do anything. It would be a deal between Microsoft and Bungie, for a lot of money, for Bungie to make a new Halo title that plays similar to Halo 2/3. No armor abilities and no gimmicks, just straight up Halo. It's what the majority of the community wants.

The old Bungie has proven to make amazing Halos the new Bungie is a mess...

Marty quit,Joe Staten did as well (and already works for MS) and looking at Destiny I'm not sure if Bungie can still pull of an full scale Halo with an actual campaign, cut scenes, forge and all...

I knwo 343 is not the most favored studio but they were created just for Halo and they will keep Halo IF anything changes then its the personal at 343...

343 is just as good as anyone else, they just need someone who understands the series in charge!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get what you're saying and I think people are negging you a little harshly here. The problem with your suggestion is that it isn't realistic. There's no way a deal could or would be set up by Microsoft where Bungie are hired again but have to make Halo like the first 3. That kind of defeats the purpose of getting rid of 343 and getting back Bungie, considering that if such a deal were realistic, Microsoft could simply make it with 343 instead. They could say: "you know that early version of Halo 4 you made that was like classic Halo? Start making that instead", and it probably wouldn't be very different than getting Bungie and telling them to do the same thing.

The reason why Microsoft should dump 343 altogether is because they're incompetent, not only in all the gimmicks they add to Halo, but also their horrible user interfaces, poor ranking systems, terrible maps, ugly graphics, bad physics, bad sound, horrible vehicles.

Bungie knows how to make good Halo maps. They know how to make excellent physics, graphics, movement, vehicles, user interfaces(Reach best UI ever!)...etc. Overall, they know how to make balanced Halo games.

Bungie couldn't get Reach properly Vanilla, that was a classic sign that they were done with the series...

Something tells me Bungie would have been smart enough to see that the "Reach spin-off" didn't go down well with Halo trilogy fans and seen the decline in player population and sales, and in the next game would of made a Halo that followed the Halo formula of the trilogy. I also doubt Bungie would of deliberately copied CoD and other modern shooters which has been 343's strategy in H4+H5, as they never did that and they understood what made Halo an exceptional game. Destiny may not be my cup of tea, but you cant say it wasn't innovative on console and it has its own niche to itself right now which Halo used to have on Xbox until it changed to directly compete for the "CoD/MMS audience" which was never Halo's to begin with and never will be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Something tells me Bungie would have been smart enough to see that the "Reach spin-off" didn't go down well with Halo trilogy fans and seen the decline in player population and sales, and in the next game would of made a Halo that followed the Halo formula of the trilogy. I also doubt Bungie would of deliberately copied CoD and other modern shooters which has been 343's strategy in H4+H5, as they never did that and they understood what made Halo an exceptional game. Destiny may not be my cup of tea, but you cant say it wasn't innovative on console and it has its own niche to itself right now which Halo used to have on Xbox until it changed to directly compete for the "CoD/MMS audience" which was never Halo's to begin with and never will be.

How is Destiny innovative? Please enlighten me.

The reason why Microsoft should dump 343 altogether is because they're incompetent, not only in all the gimmicks they add to Halo, but also their horrible user interfaces, poor ranking systems, terrible maps, ugly graphics, bad physics, bad sound, horrible vehicles.

Bungie knows how to make good Halo maps. They know how to make excellent physics, graphics, movement, vehicles, user interfaces(Reach best UI ever!)...etc. Overall, they know how to make balanced Halo games.

I'm sorry but they will never dump 343I...that studio was created just for Halo...as I said they might hire new people, some might lose their job but no matter who works for the company, no matter how good or bad they are they will be called 343...

And if you ask me, that is why Bungie wouldn't be able to pull off a good Halo, the personal that made Halo is probaly long gone! Starting with faces one knows (Marty, Joe) and nobody knows about those "no-name-devs" that do all the other work...

When you say that Bungie knows how to make good Halo maps do you actualy know which Bungie Dev was responsible for a particular maps? And are you sure that this person is still working for Bungie?

The only thing I can say for sure is, that the modern Bungie had a great opportunity with Destiny but failed horrible...

Though I have to agree, some devs at 343 don't do a good job...

What if it was actualy MS we should be mad at...they pull the strings and put people in charge at 343 and i'm guessing they have the last word when it comes to decisions...

Sprint Toggle, nice.

I can't see 11% actually not wanting sprint.

I don't know if he is lying or if we are dad

Haha

Nobody would be forced to do anything. It would be a deal between Microsoft and Bungie, for a lot of money, for Bungie to make a new Halo title that plays similar to Halo 2/3. No armor abilities and no gimmicks, just straight up Halo. It's what the majority of the community wants.

gorillaneg1.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

A Sprint toggle in a game where 100% of the maps are made for Sprint? Fun.

We need to see how increased base movement speed factors into this first before we call it the same as reach. 

I don't know if he is lying or if we are dad

Didn't mean he was lying btw, just going off community feedback etc.