CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm not even sure if it will be worth reading the blog. I think I've had enough of reading paragraph after paragraph of bullshit "logic" from game developers. They just take these opportunities to try and pass off every bad decision and personal want as a good change for the betterment of everyone involved when in reality 99.99% of the time they're just stupid little ideas creative people couldn't let go of for the better of the game. They lock themselves in a creative box with only their colleagues so the game is always the sum of their creative failure. They can't act on every change and every complaint but Halo has been ridiculously bad about not changing anything for anyone no matter how obvious the problems are (see Halo 3) and it just keeps becoming more trash as the years progress because of it.  

Who knows maybe they'll do something great and make everyone happy. I wouldn't hold my breath though after watching their employees embarrass themselves on twitter and their company embarrass itself with MCC. They're pretty much a never ending train wreck.

It will be the same thing over again.

Blog will be released, filled with tons of promises that they are only able to deliver on 5% of.

I cant even take them seriously if they give a date for the "beta" - or any date for that matter. 

They must know that they have literally killed all of their credibility.

At this point, another blog with no "real" content in it would not surprise me in the slightest.

I just keep thinking about the MCC reveal, "EXACTLY THE WAY YOU REMEMBER IT!!"

Makes me absolutely livid - 343 you are the worst.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I hope to God this is true! 343 has ruined EVERYTHING and the only developer that can bring Halo back to form is Bungie.

The company that made vanilla reach, and the company controlled by activision would not bring halo back to its form

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hope to God this is true! 343 has ruined EVERYTHING and the only developer that can bring Halo back to form is Bungie.

CE was meant to have Jetpacks and Halo gradually got worse after every release. 

But keep telling yourself that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only problem is that the Bungie we know and love as the creators of Halo no longer exist. They're basically a different developer with the same name at this point. Modern Bungie created Reach and Destiny, so I think Halo would probably be almost identical to what it is now if they were creating it.

Not to mention H2 would have had sprint if they had more dev. time. 

But lets just enjoy the shit-posting.  :P It's amusing, after all...

Not to mention H2 would have had sprint if they had more dev. time. 

But lets just enjoy the shit-posting.  :P It's amusing, after all...

And its main mode was going to be that big team battle stuff which they cut.

I'm going to assume you haven't played Destiny.

Lol it's not true guys... like come on. Get real. Not only did Shinobi confirm that that Tweet is faked, it's also embarrassingly unrealistic. I'm pretty shocked some of you could honestly believe it.

This is what's going to happen. 343 will have one playlists without Sprint. Team Slayer and BTB will have Sprint. As history has told us, any playlists that deviates from player settings in the Team Slayer playlists (besides SWAT, Infection, etc.), the population will drop by the week, ultimately leading to it being cut. That's not even including the maps in the playlists were made with Sprint in mind. 343 will then go out and say "We gave no sprint a fair shot. Our fans seem to prefer Team Slayer with Sprint."

Until we get a game that is made from the ground up with no Sprint, there is no fixing it. Halo 5 has been designed with Sprint in mind for two years now, that can't be fixed in a year (not even a year since interior beta testing will begin months before launch). 343 will give out a half-ass solution to hopefully quiet the fans that don't want Sprint in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Doubt it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

IMO Halo kept improving under Bungie with Halo 2 and Halo 3. A million people here think CE is so great, but it doesn't hold a candle compared to Halo 2 or Halo 3. Even Halo Reach is fun post-TU BTB and though Reach is ruined by armor abilities, it has the best graphics, physics, vehicles, shot registration, user-interface, profile depth, and smoothest matchmaking of all the Halos.

• Downvote (-1) 17

The only problem is that the Bungie we know and love as the creators of Halo no longer exist. They're basically a different developer with the same name at this point. Modern Bungie created Reach and Destiny, so I think Halo would probably be almost identical to what it is now if they were creating it.

Yes they created Reach, but that doesn't mean they would make Reach v2 if they made Halo again. Destiny is a completely different game from Halo, so just because they made Destiny, doesn't mean that is how they would make their next Halo.

Best case scenario is if Microsoft came to an agreement with Bungie to take back control of Halo and part of that agreement would be that they'd have to make a Halo multiplayer experience similar to Halo 2/3, without armor abilities and other gimmicks.

IMO Halo kept improving under Bungie with Halo 2 and Halo 3. A million people here think CE is so great, but it doesn't hold a candle compared to Halo 2 or Halo 3. Even Halo Reach is fun post-TU BTB and though Reach is ruined by armor abilities, it has the best graphics, physics, vehicles, shot registration, user-interface, profile depth, and smoothest matchmaking of all the Halos.

And I'm done.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lol it's not true guys... like come on. Get real. Not only did Shinobi confirm that that Tweet is faked, it's also embarrassingly unrealistic. I'm pretty shocked some of you could honestly believe it.

The only thing that would make it unrealistic is the contract Bungie is under with Activision. But money talks, and Microsoft has a lot of it. If I was Phil Spencer, I'd be freaking out over 343's incompetence and on the phone with Bungie trying to negotiate a deal to take back Halo ASAP.

Yes they created Reach, but that doesn't mean they would make Reach v2 if they made Halo again. Destiny is a completely different game from Halo, so just because they made Destiny, doesn't mean that is how they would make their next Halo.

Nah they just did the complete opposite, they changed up Halo to "beta test" a lot of features that would eventually be used in Destiny.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Confirmed troll

• Upvote (+1) 2