CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

DMRs make BTB hell... 

there should be limited DMRs & LRs on each map, and they should be projectile. 

The game looks solid except for the

-overpowered AR/SMG

-sprint

-to many precision weapons BR, DMR, Lightrifle

Go play CS then come back and try to say that.

I don't think there's much in it tbh, I've heard League players come over to CSGO and have a great experience. The CS community used to be so so much worse in years gone by, you obviously still get some bad apples in GO but overall I'd say there's been an overall upturn in attitude. Outside of the game this is especially true and is one of the reasons GO keeps becoming more and more popular.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Go play CS then come back and try to say that.

I've been playing CS, and most public servers are fine. Regular FPS trash talk, but no one wanting me to die of cancer, or trying to trace my IP to send me a hitman.

DMRs make BTB hell...

there should be limited DMRs & LRs on each map, and they should be projectile.

I would have a dmr pistol start for 4v4 and BR ar start for 8v8.

I don't think there's much in it tbh, I've heard League players come over to CSGO and have a great experience. The CS community used to be so so much worse in years gone by, you obviously still get some bad apples in GO but overall I'd say there's been an overall upturn in attitude. Outside of the game this is especially true and is one of the reasons GO keeps becoming more and more popular.

Have you ever pugged on esea before? You might have to think again. ESEA and the NA scene is still just as atrocious as it was 8 to 10 years ago.

I would have a dmr pistol start for 4v4 and BR ar start for 8v8.

Long-range weapons for small maps, short-ranged for big maps? 

DMR & LR should be niche anti-sniper, support rifles, IMO. Even CE Pistol only had 2x. 

Nerfed AR + Buffed Pistol should be starting weapons for all gametypes/playlists. 

ZB DMR imo was perfect for BTB imo, was range limited because of its scope, but a good teamshot made it super deadly

DMR is Halo cancer. I hate this weapon so much.

You do realize the only reason why there are "issues" with the DMR is because of map design?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well, the BR isn't even the BR anymore the burst function is almost completely gone (basically the DMR) so I guess it really doesn't matter which gun you use. They both function like CoD guns, the BR especially since it gains accuracy when you ADS. Ideally, the BR works well on Arena-style movement oriented maps with open sight-lines(Midship, Warlock, Haven), while the DMR provides a more structured style of play and is good for set-up style Assym maps. But now that the guns function so similarly(minus the DMR's accuracy at long range) I found almost no difference in how I approached and moved in battles using the BR/DMR compared to past Halo's where the approach was different in H2 using the BR versus the DMR in Reach. It was pretty clear from the beta that AR/pistol and BR starts is how 343 is pushing H5 starting weapons though with the DMR as a map pick-up.

Retweet

imagine if this tweet was intel. imagine if it is actually going away. just imagine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

imagine if this tweet was intel. imagine if it is actually going away. just imagine.

tumblr_inline_n5pemlLEeY1ryc3nc.gif

Listen to the #NoSprintSeal

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well, the BR isn't even the BR anymore the burst function is almost completely gone (basically the DMR) so I guess it really doesn't matter which gun you use. They both function like CoD guns, the BR especially since it gains accuracy when you ADS. Ideally, the BR works well on Arena-style movement oriented maps with open sight-lines(Midship, Warlock, Haven), while the DMR provides a more structured style of play and is good for set-up style Assym maps. But now that the guns function so similarly(minus the DMR's accuracy at long range) I found almost no difference in how I approached and moved in battles using the BR/DMR compared to past Halo's where the approach was different in H2 using the BR versus the DMR in Reach. It was pretty clear from the beta that AR/pistol and BR starts is how 343 is pushing H5 starting weapons though with the DMR as a map pick-up.

actually the br is still burst fire, it just shoots really fast now, and the DMR gains no accuracy while aiming because it's perfectly accurate in both situations.

What difference does it make if sprint or ADS is in it? No one should buy the game based on what a failure MCC is.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

actually the br is still burst fire, it just shoots really fast now, and the DMR gains no accuracy while aiming because it's perfectly accurate in both situations.

It is "burst fire" but really only in the name.

The br is nothing but a dmr that is easier to use up close but with limited range. To me it felt like I was using a M16 from CoD ( coincidence? I think not)

Somehow, 343 even managed to kill the BRs identity in Halo 5. It boggles my mind just how far they will go to put their own "spin" on halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The br is nothing but a dmr that is easier to use up close but with limited range. To me it felt like I was using a M16 from CoD ( coincidence? I think not)

Somehow, 343 even managed to kill the BRs identity in Halo 5. It boggles my mind just how far they will go to put their own "spin" on halo.

Yea its pretty much ruined, did not like the feel of it at all and its only the BR in name now like you said. I guess I am just a hopeless "BR fanboy" unable to see the superior game-play provided by the DMR(to which coincidentally doesn't actually exist) but I really liked the BR as it fit my style best as a high sens player with an aggressive play-style. One way I know the BR is not right, is because Midship's most infamous game-type FFA would suck on Truth with the H5 BR. RIP Tour De Walsh and Midship because Truth and the BR in H5 are both bastardizations of the original. With the BR in H2, Midship TS never turned into a camp fest with one team holed up in the bases/at car with everyone peak-shooting all game because the map wasn't a pancake shape thanks to sprint and the BR didn't encourage camping and have fkn ADS. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

the gun literally fires 3 bullets in quick succession, how is it any different than what we've had in the past? I mean I guess you could say the weapon itself is different because of ads but it is the same concept of a 3 round burst rifle. Also the h2 br only shot 1 bullet, the round burst was just a sound I believe.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

the gun literally fires 3 bullets in quick succession, how is it any different than what we've had in the past? I mean I guess you could say the weapon itself is different because of ads but it is the same concept of a 3 round burst rifle. Also the h2 br only shot 1 bullet, the round burst was just a sound I believe.

Not true. There were indeed three bullets coming out of the gun. You can check it yourself by pressing melee after firing one or two of the three-bullet-burst. Against an AFK, you would see the proof.

As for the H5 BR, it has the fastest BR KT out of the other games. The 3 bullets are deadly accurate as long as you don't sweep, which shows that are are 3 bullets out of the gun. You can still do crazy SWAT sweeps on no-shield players.

Not true. There were indeed three bullets coming out of the gun. You can check it yourself by pressing melee after firing one or two of the three-bullet-burst. Against an AFK, you would see the proof.

As for the H5 BR, it has the fastest BR KT out of the other games. The 3 bullets are deadly accurate as long as you don't sweep, which shows that are are 3 bullets out of the gun. You can still do crazy SWAT sweeps on no-shield players.

exactly, it's really not any different other than the accuracy increase, but even then it's still different from the DMR.