CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Ranked Playlist

Free For All 6-8 Players

Team Slayer 6-8 Players

Team Objective 6-8 Players

Team Hardcore 6-8 - No radar Objective/TS gametypes.  "No game altering to the settings except the radar being off."

Team Snipers 6-8 Players

Team Doubles 4 Players

Social Playlist

Rumble Pit 6-8 Players

Social Slayer 8-10 Players

Team SWAT 6-8 Players

Big Team Battle 12-16 Players

Multi Team 8-10 Players

Team Action sack 8-10 Players

Make stuff like Griftball, Zombies, etc need to have a weekend rotation just like how it did in Halo 3.  When it's there for you everyday no one wants to really play it because its just not special.  Its one of those things you play then never play again the way I see it.

An DLC Playlist for new DLC needs to last for at least 2 months, first month make it social so people can get use to the maps.  Then the second month it needs to be ranked, people will be able to play on it at a high level then since they've gotten use to it.  Give me the keys to Matchmaking no one would hate it. ;)  

If you think halo 5 would succeed in the PC Fps market you're quite delusional.

Why cant Halo 5 succeed on PC?

Why cant Halo 5 succeed on PC?

One reason that comes to mind is that Halo is unlike games like CS and would definitely take a lot of computing power to run... I feel like people that have fancy gaming PCs are the opposite of the current Halo 5 target audience.

One reason that comes to mind is that Halo is unlike games like CS and would definitely take a lot of computing power to run... I feel like people that have fancy gaming PCs are the opposite of the current Halo 5 target audience.

Lol..no..just no..

Halo 5 looks good and all, but it's not that demanding.

So.. there cannot be an option in settings to turn down video settings like every other PC game? To me, that isn't a valid counter argument.

Look at it this way:

The Xbox One is an Entry-Level gaming PC (like it already is). With the Windows 10 unification, it only solidifies this point. The only reason for Halo 5 not to "succeed" on a PC platform, is because no one bought it. I can say right now, a lot of PC players would play Halo if it didnt mean they had to fork out another $300-$500 just to play it. Even if eSports Halo and tournaments ran on Console, that doesnt mean there wouldnt be a PC presence. Who knows, maybe Halo 5 eSports may carry to PC. No one truly knows 100%. I firmly believe, if Halo 5 does come to PC and works cross platform, it will do just fine.

To play halo 5 on PC first you will need windows 10 then you'll need to install GWL, is halo 2 vista all over again.  :kappa:

With one very significant difference: Win 10 will be free for all Win 7+8 users. H2V's biggest fault was Vista being an awful OS and a lot of people wanting to stick with XP back then. Throw in that it is a shitty port that is almost unplayable with M/K and the result shouldn't shock anyone.

It's differen't playlists though. In SnD in CoD, you don't play the same way you do demo, or tdm. Usually you'll play each gametype different. I mean I see your point, but it'd be like the NBNS playlist in Reach. There was no abilities in MLG reach, along with NBNS. We weren't a split community then. Why would this be different?

A good player who plays HCS will know the difference between both 'classic' style, and the normal game style. A new kid who watches HCS and actually wants to get into competitive Halo will (or should) know the difference. He would follow the HCS streams and events, and know a little about it. It would prevent complete NOOBs from playing it (like they do in HCS currently). I mean I encourage people to get into the competitive scene, but first be a decent player before jumping into HCS.

I have to completely disagree with this idea splitting communities. The communities are already split. People fighting for and against sprint. People fighting for abilities and no abilities. Tell me why 343 would pick the smaller community over the larger one? They wont. Realistically, we are smaller than the casual community, and don't have as much say so as they do. So if we at least get a set playlist or two to cater to our needs, it would be great, would it not? They are obviously catering to the casuals, not us.

Sorry, I don't feel like I may have been clear enough in my original post. The divide I was talking about was supposed to be between competitive and casual players. No bloom no sprint didn't split the competitive community, but it did make it harder to convince casual players who know armor abilities to jump in to a playlist with nothing but a jetpack as an on map pick up. Mix that in with the fact that maps are unfamiliar and movement speed is quicker, unless they are really dedicated in learning, I can't imagine many people sticking around.

You're right that people into HCS would probably be able to adjust between playlists, but I don't know if regular players would adjust as easily. If ten year old Timmy hears there's a tournament and tunes in to watch, but sees that no one is sprinting, thrustering, or clambering around the map, he'll be incredibly confused why no one is playing like he does, and when he learns the game is trimmed down from the Halo he knew to this weird version with less features, he'll most likely lose interest. Technically I have no statistics to back this up, but it's just an assumption based on trying to introduce some of my friends to competitive settings, so I can only speak on personal experience.

I think maybe a classic playlist would be sweet, but I don't know if the competitive settings should be this way. But I think this may come down to our individual ideas for the best way for the community to grow/be sustained. I personally think that trying to make the competitive portion close to the base game is very important, even if we have to sacrifice certain things in return. Where I'm gathering that you think we should have the most competitive version possible and the fact that this version exists will draw people. Differing ideas for the future, but both have their merits I think. But I can easily agree with a classic playlist, that has nothing to do with our community and could appeal to a lot of people.

Really guys? Let's keep it on ideology here instead of defaming 343i. They are people just like all of us and there are reasons for everything. My god, you wonder why they fucking hate listening to us? Be mad about MCC, be mad about Halo 5, but this is just dumb.

They are nothing like me. They lack integrity. Criminal fraud comes to mind.

They are NOTHING like me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Cross platform play is always a positive in my book. Really pleased with what Phil Spencer has done the last year he has had with Xbox. He literally saved the brand.

Youre an idiot. I'm sorry, it had to be said. It goes against my posting ideology but for real? You are making baseless assumptions about human beings with families, kids, lifestyles to maintain...

Ffs, go take a break and walk it off. Not everybody at 343i are criminals. And even if someone was a criminal there, how do you know it was their fault?

For real, this shit needs to stop. People like you are ruining these boards.

• Upvote (+1) 6

With one very significant difference: Win 10 will be free for all Win 7+8 users. H2V's biggest fault was Vista being an awful OS and a lot of people wanting to stick with XP back then. Throw in that it is a shitty port that is almost unplayable with M/K and the result shouldn't shock anyone.

ONLY FOR THE FIRST YEAR. People keep leaving that rather important detail out.

ei1Hlsx.gif

You still need an X1 to stream it to your PC right? So what's the point of doing that?

You still need an X1 to stream it to your PC right? So what's the point of doing that?

that is if the game isn't developed to run on a Computer as well. Fable Legends, and judging by the article I had screen shots of 1 page back, Halo and a few others are looking to have Computer versions.

In the conference they've said Fable legends will come to windows 10. I would assume that if H5 was another one of those games they would've said so.

Is all speculation about the following things:

• They say Fable legend will come to windows 10.
  • Phil said that he doesn't know an xbox one exclusive that isn't coming to Windows 10.

This image:

R6EbTAx.jpg

You can see the games being under "PC games" and not something like "xbox one games available to stream or whatever" and also, i don't remember Civ BE being an xbox or any console game, just PC.

In the conference they've said Fable legends will come to windows 10. I would assume that if H5 was another one of those games they would've said so.

Read the article i posted screenies of. What he was talking about was said after the Keynote at the Redmond Campus

ONLY FOR THE FIRST YEAR. People keep leaving that rather important detail out.

http://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-windows-10-will-not-be-sold-as-a-subscription/

Myerson clarified that Windows 10 users will still get free updates and support for the lifetime of the OS, exactly like past versions of Windows (like XP and Windows 7's Service Packs, for example). There's no subscription model for updates or support or continuing to use the OS. Myerson's reference to Windows "as a service" simply meant that Microsoft plans to update the OS with smaller, more regular updates rather than the big, chunky updates of past Service Packs.                                                                                                           

A year after Windows 10 is first available, it will no longer be a free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8 users. Microsoft will then sell Windows 10 the same way it has sold past versions of Windows. MS hasn't set a specific price yet, but Myerson said the price will likely be comparable to past versions of Windows. Windows 8 costs $120 on Amazon, for instance.

To play halo 5 on PC first you will need windows 10 then you'll need to install GWL, is halo 2 vista all over again.  :kappa:

They did away with Games for Windows Live, even games that once required it were moved over to steamworks like Dirt 3 and Red Faction. 

I think a $100 GPU could run Halo 5 at 1080p 60fps easily. If I had the beta on my PC I would be getting 500FPS. The graphics are pretty bad actually.  

Only backing what I am saying. After the first year, a person will have to pay to obtain Windows 10.

Update: It seems there's still confusion. It is very clear from this post that for the first year it's available, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free if you have Windows 7 or 8. You will not pay for it. After that year is up, nothing will happen to your Windows 10 license. If you do not upgrade within that year, however, you will have to pay for an upgrade. The offer expires after a year, not the upgrade.

Only backing what I am saying. After the first year, a person will have to pay to obtain Windows 10.

Are you sure you understand? I have windows 8.1, when 10 comes out I can upgrade for free and never have to pay a dime, even after a year. Period.

Say if I choose to not upgrade, in a year I will have to pay to get Windows 10. The whole one year thing is to get people to upgrade from 7 and 8 as soon as possible.

If you're saying that after a year, someone who has already upgraded from 7 or 8 to 10 has to pay, you're wrong. 

Are you sure you understand? I have windows 8.1, when 10 comes out I can upgrade for free and never have to pay a dime, even after a year. Period.

Say if I choose to not upgrade, in a year I will have to pay to get Windows 10. The whole one year thing is to get people to upgrade from 7 and 8 as soon as possible.

If you're saying that after a year, someone who has already upgraded from 7 or 8 to 10 has to pay, you're wrong. 

that isnt at all what i am saying. I am saying, after that one year, no more free upgrades...

I really wish that they let some community forgers on the 343i team. I've seen some forgers build better maps then the actual devs.