CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I hope 343 really keeps everyone in the loop about what they take from the Beta, and how the game is shaping up from a gameplay perspective, as time goes on... Refining this game should be an on-going process with the Halo community, despite the Beta ending today.

Maybe that's a little bit too idealistic, but still...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope 343 really keeps everyone in the loop about what they take from the Beta, and how the game is shaping up from a gameplay perspective, as time goes on... Refining this game should be an on-going process with the Halo community, despite the Beta ending today.

"Based on feedback from everyone but the vocal minority of the forums, we have decided to reimplement armor abilities!"

Yeah that's not going to happen

343 will go quiet until E3, which will be a new trailer with some campaign gameplay and another multiplayer demo with new maps. 343 will be like "we listed to the minor feedback and made changes"

I played Halo 5 for 2 weeks i played all the playlists and maps, its a fun game but it plays nothing like the Halo game i want to play im sure many will love it but im not sure if its for me, i did enjoy the Ranking system i  managed to get Semi-pro / Pro / Semi-Pro only played 10 games of the new obj game type (didn't really like it)

Last few days got switched to AR starts im not going back to that .

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, but too hopeful, if we're being accused of bias why would you expect them to take our feedback with anything more than a grain of salt?

A better question is, How bad do you think Halo will be 3-5 years from now? It will go from fake ADS to real ADS

Movement based bloom

Ability to go prone

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo's future is so damn dark.....

5 not even out yet and it's already dead to some

what the fuck

I am seeing past h5.

I am seeing past 343.

I see a bright future for halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys don't worry, Halo 6 is out in only 4 years which would be the 8th anniversary of Reach and then it will be only 2 years till Reach anniversary.

No, but too hopeful, if we're being accused of bias why would you expect them to take our feedback with anything more than a grain of salt?

Idk, it's about how you go about it... if some legitimately good ideas and design-decisions were presented (and weren't seemingly drowned out by nonconstructive complaints), I think 343 would be foolish not to, at the very least, consider them... maybe even test them internally. I wouldn't even mind if the game was delayed as long as we ended up with a cohesive, fully-realized Halo game.

Sure it can still have some of these new abilities and mechanics, but the implementation needs to be done in a way that compliment the core-game. That's probably up in the air to interpretation, but being a long time fan to the series, it seems pretty black-and-white to me in how to do it.

Movement based bloom

Ability to go prone

"I'm a SPARTAN super soldier, why can't I lie down?!"

"Masterchief ate a pie in the books, why isn't there pie in multiplayer??"

So why, in a game that 343i wishes to focus on as a competitive title are we still playing with hitscan weapons that require 4-5 shots to kill when knowing that doing so will inevitably result in the same teamshot centric gameplay yet again?

Because apparently this makes the game require more "teamwork".

Because, you know, having players hold hands and shoot the same person is such an EXTREMELY hard task to do and 2 people shooting the same target is the epitome of teamwork...

Ugh.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Based on feedback from everyone but the vocal minority of the forums, we have decided to reimplement armor abilities!"

the irony of this can't even be measured

The sad reality is that we can't expect to make a big difference if we are mainly just elitists on a completely different forum. Shoutout to everyone who is on the Waypoint forums as well, it must be hard to talk with a bunch of dumb 12 year olds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That sig doe....

Been screaming it for weeks

The sad reality is that we can't expect to make a big difference if we are mainly just elitists on a completely different forum. Shoutout to everyone who is on the Waypoint forums as well, it must be hard to talk with a bunch of dumb 12 year olds.

I have made my opinions known on multiple different social media sites, forums and gaming websites...  year after year.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I only played like 2 games of week 2  and 2 games of week 3 and that was enough for me.  I mean I went in openly knowing it wasn't going to a classic halo but the thing is the game is not even fun/entertaining as a NORMAL game, let alone a HALO game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 w/ a few tweaks will be a good game. I am confident. ... I just want to put things into perspective the way i see it. 

Halo 5 w/ a few tweaks will be a good game for about three weeks, then 98% of the population will move on because the game will become boring with no replay value in the MP. I am confident. ... I just want to put things into perspective the way I see it too.

I have mixed feelings about this suggestion...

I totally agree that a 3sk would be a move in the right direction, IF aiming were more difficult. 

If the CE magnum were just plopped into Halo 5 and maintained the same difficulty of use it had in CE, I could see that working (though it would require a re-balancing effort on the other weapons).  Full disclosure...I've only played a tiny bit of Halo 5 so I'm not super familiar with the underlying functioning, but if the hitboxes, auto aim, etc. are similar to any Halo game other than CE (which seemed to be the case to me) then I don't see a 3sk working too well.  A major part of what makes the 3sk work in Halo CE is the difficultly of doing it consistently.

Our goal should be to lower the ideal time to kill, without significantly lowering the average time to kill.  If you lower both there will be an improvement to gameplay, but it will be minimal.

Don't make that statement in a vacuum. There is a difference between the perfect kill time and the average kill time when the perfect kill time occurs 1% of the time and when it occurs 50% of the time. if it is anything over 20% of the time, then it approaches the drop on shot experience of every other shooter out there. If it is difficult to achieve a 1% occurrence of a perfect kill, I would prefer to raise its time or in practice eliminate it entirely.

All I am saying is make a clear distinction against CoD/FC3/OtherShooters that drop on shot.

Halo 5 w/ a few tweaks will be a good game for about three weeks, then 98% of the population will move on because the game will become boring with no replay value in the MP. I am confident. ... I just want to put things into perspective the way I see it too.

Don't make that statement in a vacuum. There is a difference between the perfect kill time and the average kill time when the perfect kill time occurs 1% of the time and when it occurs 50% of the time. if it is anything over 20% of the time, then it approaches the drop on shot experience of every other shooter out there. If it is difficult to achieve a 1% occurrence of a perfect kill, I would prefer to raise its time or in practice eliminate it entirely.

All I am saying is make a clear distinction against CoD/FC3/OtherShooters that drop on shot.

Halo 5 needs better movement IMO, its been a problem since H3 how sluggish base movement/strafe became and then to make it worse it became sluggish and "heavy" feeling in Reach/H4/H5 which is just a terrible feeling for an Arena-style FPS. When your playing a fast-paced game on Mid-ship constantly R+G'ing and jumping all around the map and basically playing instinctual the last thing you want is to feel like a 1 ton tank with shields. Its not empowering at all and has a significant physiological effect on the player where his movement and aiming feel "heavier" and more delayed even if they are not. If you think im kidding, go play a modern BF game or other Military type shooter with "heavy" movement for a week straight than go play Quake, H1+H2, or Unreal for a week straight and you will notice how much quicker and responsive those shooters feel.

I dont think the aim skill is a problem this time around, its that the base movement is straight garbage and feels like a different game. They could literally C+P H2's movement into H5 with thruster and it would play 10x better I know it. its just all wrong and I am surprised the pro team hasn't been able to influence the basics such as that because its the most important for comp play and the feel of the game.

I dont care what anyone says, being able to shoot while thrustering would make for some CRAZY strafe skill and variations in strafe like H2 where player's were able to differentiate themselves in that regard to a degree unlike later Halo titles. For reference, just look at how fluid,empowering, and quick Halo 2's movement is compared to H5 on a base level. Even without playing it, from the "eye test" you can clearly tell that H2's base movement is superior for an Arena-style FPS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PC8AlnkFag

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cuz we should encourage these devs to keep it real and make real shooters again. We really don't need toxikk to flop. It looks like it has potential and we need the Arena FPS market to grow again. If 343 says they want to "bring back arena shooters" we need to squash that bug quickly by supporting real shooters 

I don't want to encourage devs to make clones of free products, then charge for them.

I'm most definitely not making that statement in a vacuum.  We have proof that a fast optimal kill time can work in Halo.

Have you played CE at all?  I ask that because I believe Reach was your first Halo game, and I know you don't have TMCC.

I've only played COD a handful of times, because like you I don't enjoy its gameplay.  That said, I think the optimal kill time in CE is probably pretty close to what it is in COD.  It's possible to kill someone before they have a chance to get a shot off in CE.  In fact, it happens quite frequently.  Regardless of that, CE plays nothing like COD (aside from the obvious fact that they're both FPS's).  What makes a fast kill time in Halo work is the difficulty of achieving it.  That was the point I was attempting to make initially.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I ask that because I believe Reach was your first Halo game, and I know you don't have TMCC.

Ahahahaha. idk why but this made me laugh hard as shit.