CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You must have went into the hardcore playlist, I mean this is COD right ;)

Believe me I'm no Halo 5 lover, but it's still not that bad

Anybody want to pitch in for Halo's funeral? I found some good offers

769d05036d.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

Viewer count went to shit when they put AR starts back.

Viewer #'s have always been shit.  Day 2 of the beta it wasnt even in the top games on the front page being watched.

Believe me I'm no Halo 5 lover, but it's still not that bad

At this point in the Halo lifespan - that may not be an argument you want to drudge up.  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Viewer #'s have always been shit.  Day 2 of the beta it wasnt even in the top games on the front page being watched.

I'm not sure about anybody else, but I don't want to watch people shoot their BR once, thrust to the left, sprint a little, wait, repeat. This game is actually more boring to watch when you're watching people play at a high skill level. That's almost impressive.

Not sure who would want to watch tournaments of this shit.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm not sure about anybody else, but I don't want to watch people shoot their BR once, thrust to the left, sprint a little, wait, repeat. This game is actually more boring to watch when you're watching people play at a high skill level. That's almost impressive.

pros love it, who knows, could end up amazing to watch. Some of the shit they pull off blows me away

I agree with you 100% - I have tried to watch some people play - cant do it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

pros love it, who knows, could end up amazing to watch.

Your parents probably love having sex, who knows, could be amazing to watch. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 6

Your parents probably love having sex, who knows, could be amazing to watch. ;)

Normally this would be funny but what if my parents weren't deceased. Not a joke to make to people you don't know

• Upvote (+1) 2

pros love it, who knows, could end up amazing to watch. Some of the shit they pull off blows me away

Do you really think they do? Or are they just not trying to mess up their money.

Do you really think they do? Or are they just not trying to mess up their money.

They dont get any money for it now, but who knows, you could be right! We'll have to wait and see man 

Everyone here regardless of your opinion on Halo 5 should not purchase it, the treatment of Halo itself and it's dedicated fans is appalling it is the only way they'll learn.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ill buy the shit when its either completly changed or dirt cheap so i can play the campaign but im not holding my breath.

my final verdict on Halo 5:

Halo 5 is 343's second attempt at Halo 4.

Definition of Insanity: Attempting the same thing expecting different results.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not if it makes the same money doh  :quinn:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will purchase H5 3 months after launch, when I can get a trade in copy for 25 bucks.

Then I will take that copy, mail it to 343 Studios with a note attached that says, "No Thank You..."

• Upvote (+1) 4

yeah but it lacks most of the halo 4 qualities. It certainly introduces it's own set of problems, but it ain't h4 IMO.

yeah but it lacks most of the halo 4 qualities. It certainly introduces it's own set of problems, but it ain't h4 IMO.

All the underlying principles that led to all the bullshit in Halo 4 are still very much in place.

At the moment the only thing I think will break the game is sprint and getting away. I think sprint needs to be heavily nerfed so players cannot sprint away from battles and sprint speed is reduced by so much that it's only very slightly faster than base movement speed or even it. 

The difference between Halo and other competitive shooters: The kill times

This is because of the shielding system. Halo 3 was a great game and so were the others without sprint because you couldn't play hide and seek and kills were swift.

Mechanical changes:

- Kill times need a slight buff to about 0.2-3 seconds difference. 

- Sprint needs a heavy nerf so you can't sprint away from battles.

- Crouch jumping needs to return with clamber 

Aesthetic changes:

- Natural lightning needs to be reduced in particular indoor areas to increase object fidelity and standard lightning

- Player armour models and customization should follow after Halo: Reach and Halo 3

- BR should be a burst fire weapon instead of a single shot, it adds to player immersion being beefy because it's a utility weapon

- Medals need to be improved looking from examples: Halo: Reach and Halo 3

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1