CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

100% agree with your last paragraph except I'm not a HaloFollower forum goer, and I've never even watched a HaloFollower video lol I'm indifferent to that site, didn't know it existed until yesterday. I'm worried about beyond's image, nothing else really. We're the long lasters, us and thf.

Oooo jazzii I think you misinterpreted my pronouns, I was speaking for beyond not HF or whatever you call the HaloFollower forum. As in we on this site have a bad rep. Like the first post in their thread was something like 'oh great another beyond kid' or something similar. Just isn't good for us.

My phone is determined to not let me respond for some reason. This is attempt number 3.

Anyway, I definitely misinterpreted your post. I thought you were angry about HF forums having a bad reputation over here, but I see what you were saying now.

In this way, yes I would have to agree... It works for moving technology forward, not for developing a more appealing game necessarily.

Accidental neg, sorry. Failing at Beyond today for some reason.

18 million are some very impressive numbers.

EDIT: That number is for games played which is still very impressive. 

The game's still total wank 

• Upvote (+1) 2

imo the only way a dev can move forward is by making better games.  Thats the reason for their existence.

You think I was gonna convince anyone? I wasn't going to put effort in people that are just gonna shit on me from Beyond. I would like to see you put in the effort and type up something.

PS, The Library was a shit level. I bet you have a neckbeard.

We knew that...

It was a joke you fucking scrublord, go take a walk or something lol. You spew straight up garboaids

Ya when you attack people its just a joke.

But its never a joke when they attack you.

Done here.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think you are wack because you attacked me out of nowhere calling me a sheep even though all the points I COULD HAVE said were said by others in this Forum, yet if I had have done that I would have been a "sheep" for just repeating what they are saying, right?

You probably bought your 50. #rekt

Batchford.....

Being batchford.

Batchford.....

Being batchford.

what, so am I not allowed to talk shit back when he started it?

why are you quoting things from hours ago anyway? There is this thing called multiquote you know

@@Batchford

Lmao my favorite part about the argument between you and that dude is the fact he kept regurgitating "I think you're the confused one, Sprint doesn't break anything, it's just a move. You don't understand what sprint is, it makes you faster by adding a percentage of your base speed."  :kappa:

Like my god.. No shit Sherlock. I stopped reading that thread 3 pages in. I can't. Him and Flele or whatever his name is just spews constant nonsense.

I don't see how they didn't understand that we know what sprint is, but instead how it influences drastic changes in all areas of game mechanics including map design.

Either way, I lol'd.  :lol:

• Upvote (+1) 1

what, so am I not allowed to talk shit back when he started it?

why are you quoting things from hours ago anyway? There is this thing called multiquote you know

Stop

@@Batchford

Lmao my favorite part about the argument between you and that dude is the fact he kept regurgitating "I think you're the confused one, Sprint doesn't break anything, it's just a move. You don't understand what sprint is, it makes you faster by adding a percentage of your base speed." :kappa:

Like my god.. No shit Sherlock. I stopped reading that thread 3 pages in. I can't. Him and Flele or whatever his name is just spews constant nonsense.

I don't see how they didn't understand that we know what sprint is, but instead how it influences drastic changes in all areas of game mechanics including map design.

Either way, I lol'd. :lol:

nah dude I lost it when he was straight telling people they suck at halo, and confirmed his expertise by saying he makes 8 bit flash games lmao 'Reach doesn't have sprint as a huge problem because what happens when you get rid of sprint? ITS GONE DUH' I was in tears of rage and laughter throughout the whole thread.

I should mention I've not played one game of H5, I boycotted it successfully despite people trying to force me to play it by sneak DLing it on my Xbone. GG 343 maybe next beta

• Upvote (+1) 3

18 million are some very impressive numbers.

EDIT: That number is for games played which is still very impressive.

Is it impressive tho? I played about 40 games the first week gave it a legit chance but boredom set in and never played again. If millions of people had MCC then 18 million doesnt seem so great.

If they show me a graph where the player population didn't bomb after a few days then I'd be impressed

Haven't played in 3 or so days, not sure if I will get back on.

Haven't played since 1st week. Won't be playing or buying H5.  :prayers:  :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Haven't played since 1st week. Won't be playing or buying H5.  :prayers:  :prayers:

Yeah same here! WE BACK... on MCC... when it works...  :prayers:

Yeah same here! WE BACK... on MCC... when it works...  :prayers:

I'm gonna stick to CS and SSBM for a good while before I put myself through the torture that is MCC  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:

Is it impressive tho? I played about 40 games the first week gave it a legit chance but boredom set in and never played again. If millions of people had MCC then 18 million doesnt seem so great.

If they show me a graph where the player population didn't bomb after a few days then I'd be impressed

Say every participant plays 10 games. That's 1.8 million people.

I think 10 games is a pretty low estimate since you need to play at least 10 games to get ranked. Sure, some people are going to play one game and then uninstall, but I'd think most people are going to put in at least 20 games of the beta. That's enough games to get ranked in 2 playlists.

So now we've got 900,000 people playing the beta which sounds pretty accurate.

Personally I've played over 120 games, I know since I've been capturing nearly every game I've played so I can count the video files. Just for the sake of comparison, if every beta participant had played 100 games like I have that would mean only 180,000 people have participated.

I haven't even played the beta that much. I've had life stuff and I've been avoiding playing the game solo and waiting for my friends to come online before I play. I'm sure there are others out there grinding away that have 10X's the amount of games played as I have.