CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Hey guys, guess fucking what?

Are you losing against a good team? You don't have a rank yet? You have a shitty load of randoms? You don't have Semi-pro people in the other team that sucks ass?

Well, go ahead, Quit, and search a game. If you quit, the game won't count it as a lost and won't even register it, so don't be afraid, quit and look for the perfect match so you can get the perfect rank.

----

Had 15 games in total in Stronghold. 7 won, 3 lost, 5 quits. Onyx III and I'm missing around 20 points for being Semi-Pro. Thanks EA.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys, guess fucking what?

Are you losing against a good team? You don't have a rank yet? You have a shitty load of randoms? You don't have Semi-pro people in the other team that sucks ass?

Well, go ahead, Quit, and search a game. If you quit, the game won't count it as a lost and won't even register it, so don't be afraid, quit and look for the perfect match so you can get the perfect rank.

----

Had 15 games in total in Stronghold. 7 won, 3 lost, 5 quits. Onyx III and I'm missing around 20 points for being Semi-Pro. Thanks EA.

You don't even have to do that. Just get Pro in one playlist and it does your placement matches in everything else based on that MMR so even if you split games you're automatically Pro in every other playlist regardless of what quality of players you play against in those placement matches. Yeah.

that video shows similarities of course, it's entirely possible that they stumbled upon similar ideas,

Pro tip: They didn't.

The developers talk to each other. The big studios all know what each other are doing.

To think that Halo just HAPPENED to have sprint, slide, thrusters, ground pound and clamber when CoD just introduced all the exact same features is more naive than a 5 year old waking up the night before Christmas expecting to see Santa Claus.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The developers talk to each other. The big studios all know what each other are doing.

To think that Halo just HAPPENED to have sprint, slide, thrusters, ground pound and clamber when CoD just introduced all the exact same features is more naive than a 5 year old waking up the night before Christmas expecting to see Santa Claus.

Have any evidence of this?

Honestly just curious.

oh please, spare me the conspiracy bullshit. Maybe you should get evidence to back up that ridiculous claim.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It keeps booting me out and giving me server errors. Nice first impression, I wonder if the beta will ever work for me.

oh please, spare me the conspiracy bullshit. Maybe you should get evidence to back up that ridiculous claim.

9/11 was an inside job, and 343 is secretly ran by infinity ward.  :kappa:

Shit, if that were the case, I'd leak their game anonymously.

I hate to rain on some of your guys' parades and everything but what if a guy thrusts away from you during a 1v1, and you just weren't in the optimal position to finish the kill? Could that be a possibility? Did you wait for him to over-extend so you could catch him completely out of position?

Getting pretty sick of the negativity here and believe me, I HATE to sound like a Reach-era B.net/Waypointer, but the game is changing and as a result, so will the tactics. It's time to get used to it... It's page-after-page of complaints, day-after-day, week-after-week guys. It's getting old.

Halo: CE "2" isn't happening, we should've all known and accepted this by now. Therefore, you cannot necessarily play this game like the older ones. Just enjoy the game, give your CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, and RESPECT others' differing opinions... There's a lot to like this time around. No, Halo 5 is not perfect, but it's a damn likeable game regardless. It's already 10 times the game Halo 4 could ever be, with reasonable competitive potential.

At least give 343 some credit where credit is due. The game is a year out from release...

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 16

I hate to rain on some of your guys' parades and everything but what if a guy thrusts away from you during a 1v1, and you just weren't in the optimal position to finish the kill? Could that be a possibility? Did you wait for him to over-extend so you could catch him completely out of position?

Getting pretty sick of the negativity here and believe me, I HATE to sound like a Reach-era B.net/Waypointer, but the game is changing and as a result, so will the tactics. It's time to get used to it... It's page-after-page of complaints, day-after-day, week-after-week guys. It's getting old.

Halo: CE "2" isn't happening, we should've all known and accepted this by now. Therefore, you cannot necessarily play this game like the older ones. Just enjoy the game, give your CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, and RESPECT others' differing opinions... There's a lot to like this time around. No, Halo 5 is not perfect, but it's a damn likeable game regardless. It's already 10 times the game Halo 4 could ever be, with reasonable competitive potential.

At least give 343 some credit where credit is due. The game is a year out from release...

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have any evidence of this?

Honestly just curious.

Ummm, all the evidence is right in front of your eyes, just look at Advanced Warfare and Halo 5 side by side.

At this point the only difference between the 2 games is that Halo gives you shields.

The new gametypes they introduce to the beta? Stronghold *cough*Domination*cough and an elimination gametype Breakout which features faster kill times (So closer to CoD).

Do they show us CTF, KotH or Oddball which are staples of the Halo series? Nope. Hmmmm, shouldn't these be tested considering the additions of sprint/thrusters?

Hmmmm, why is that? Couldn't be because they're trying to entice the CoD crowd to play Halo, could it?

If you don't believe 343 is trying to change Halo's gameplay to appeal to CoD kids I've got a couple of bridges I'd like to sell you.

The game is a year out from release...

You do realise that's extremely little time in the world of game development, right?

• Upvote (+1) 4

If you look at people's feedback on this site, it seems a lot of people will be trashing everything, and then they'll get to clamber and say: "I actually really like this. It still takes skill 'cause you can time it badly...". Even though most of the same people recognize the flaw in that argument when it's made for sprint.

Also, in the beta poll thread, more people vote in favour of clamber than those who don't. It leaves me like... "Wait what the fu.....?" *Checks to see if he went on correct Halo site*

I think its just a psychological thing we are trying not to be negative about EVERYTHING so clamber got a pass as being the least worst new thing to adapt to

Care to even explain? Or are you just on the blind "hate train" because it's the "cool" thing around here?

Your post was basically the same stuff that was repeated ad nauseum during reach and 4. "Potential for a great game/they can't just make CE or 2 again/you guys need to adapt"

Valve: So yea, the new Counter Strike will have sprint, ADS, and regenerating health. 

CS player: Oh, okay, I'll guess I'll just adapt. 

No, just no. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is pretty much an "adapt" argument.

I will admit that I suck at Halo 5.  I have sincerely been trying to get better at this game, to figure out how it works.

But I find myself doubting that my personal skill is the entire problem here.  I just can't bring myself to believe that while grenades are exploding in my face when I throw them, or while firefights consist of me and the other guy repeatedly thrusting behind cover until we've exhausted all our nades trying to flush each other out, and eventually just giving up and going our separate way because neither of us has the balls to actually push up.

I just can't get into this game.  Sorry.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Your post was basically the same stuff that was repeated ad nauseum during reach and 4. "Potential for a great game/they can't just make CE or 2 again/you guys need to adapt"

And I said that I regretted to sound like that... but the game they're striving to make is much better than Reach and 4 and brings back a ton of what made Halo, Halo. The game is good.

Hell, Reach and 4 were "good" games just executed very poorly from a design standpoint, and it showed in fan-backlash and population numbers.

• Downvote (-1) 1

You do realise that's extremely little time in the world of game development, right?

I'm a designer man... not a game designer but I know a reasonable amount of the nature of the business of developing a product. A year is a LOT of time. A lot can change.

How long did Bungie take to rebuild Halo 2 ENTIRELY before release? Something ridiculous, like 9 months? I forgot... but it was something like that.

• Upvote (+1) 3