CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So, you're the forum troll, right?

Except autoaim has existed in FPS since Wolfenstein 3D, so no, it's YOU who is confused by magnetism and autoaim, not me. (Pro tip, the term autoaim has existed before magnetism was even conceived and people need to stop fucking up the terms)

So then what's the difference?

Erm, no? You are acting like Halo 1 has no auto aim at all. If your wife can perfect people in H5 then there is no reason she can't 3 someone in CE

Except for Halo 1 having faster base movement speed making it harder to land shots?

Except for Halo 1 having less autoaim making it harder to land shots?

If you think any weapons in Halo 5 take as much skill as the Halo 1 pistol than obviously you're just plain bad at the game.

So then what's the difference?

Magnetism is when your reticle sticks to the player, much like a magnet will try to stick to metal and then you've got to pull it away with force.

Autoaim is when your bullets hit a target despite not having perfect aim.

If you look at early FPS such as Wolfenstein or Doom they had autoaim since aiming vertically wasn't really a thing back then and some players didn't even use a mouse to play.

Duke Nukem 3D had autoaim that could be toggled on/off and the vertical autoaim was also huge due to some players playing with only their keyboard since vertical aiming was a completely new thing at the time.

For some weird reason the terms have been mixed up in recent years. I have no idea why because the term autoaim was around before the N64 even existed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Except for Halo 1 having faster base movement speed making it harder to land shots?

Except for Halo 1 having less autoaim making it harder to land shots?

If you think any weapons in Halo 5 take as much skill as the Halo 1 pistol than obviously you're just plain bad at the game.

Do you get a hardon insulting other people? Like, majority of your posts are aggressive as fuck and I don't get it, lol.

I never said H5 takes more skill than CE, but you are exaggerating the shooting in CE. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Except autoaim has existed in FPS since Wolfenstein 3D, so no, it's YOU who is confused by magnetism and autoaim, not me. (Pro tip, the term autoaim has existed before magnetism was even conceived and people need to stop fucking up the terms)

Except Generally when talking Halo,

Auto-Aim = the stickiness of a reticule on an opponent, Moving without your input to better stay on the target.

Bullet Magnetism = The ability to hit a target when your reticule is not directly on the enemy, but generally close to them, Like the bullet is drawn to them.

Irregardless of the history of a word or phrase, it might be used differently in different cultures, so don't be an ass if someone asks for clarification or refers you to the better term to use within the culture.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Do you get a hardon insulting other people? Like, majority of your posts are aggressive as fuck and I don't get it, lol.

I never said H5 takes more skill than CE, but you are exaggerating the shooting in CE. 

I'm not exaggerating shit. Playing Halo 1 on MCC I can constantly kill 2 players by myself. In Halo 5 this is almost impossible.

The amount of autoaim in Halo 5 is absurd and that's playing on a 200ms disadvantage. I can only imagine that if I was playing on Australian host the game would feel twice as easy.

Auto-Aim = the stickiness of a reticule on an opponent, Moving without your input to better stay on the target.

Bullet Magnetism = The ability to hit a target when your reticule is not directly on the enemy, but generally close to them, Like the bullet is drawn to them.

Irregardless of the history of a word or phrase, it might be used differently in different cultures, so don't be an ass if someone asks for clarification or refers you to the better term to use within the culture.

I was around when the term was first coined back in the Halo 2 days. Magnetism used to always refer to the sticky reticle.

Someone along the line butchered this and it's incorrect. Changing the definition of autoaim JUST for Halo seems incredibly backwards and stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not exaggerating shit.

The amount of autoaim in Halo 5 is absurd and that's playing on a 200ms disadvantage. I can only imagine that if I was playing on Australian host the game would feel twice as easy.

facepalm

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not exaggerating shit. Playing Halo 1 on MCC I can constantly kill 2 players by myself. In Halo 5 this is almost impossible.

I was around when the term was first coined back in the Halo 2 days. Magnetism used to always refer to the sticky reticle.

Someone along the line butchered this and it's incorrect. Changing the definition of autoaim JUST for Halo seems incredibly backwards and stupid.

just saying, as a H3, could land several perfect 3shots on my 1st game of halo CE.

To the part addressed to me,  Words are bastardized all the time in different cultures. trying to force it to mean one thing just because thats what it means everywhere else rather then the set preset  of that culture is going to make you look like an ass more then anything else.

I sincerely feel sorry all the loremasters out there who play H5 MP and have their image/RP as a Spartan completely ruined forever by 343 literally depicting them as Frat boy bro Spartans. Did anyone honestly think the Spartan celebrations were funny? I am not even into the lore and I am mad as a fan of the series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, its has a ton of potential, but I honestly I believe that its too late in the development cycle to make it into a great "halo" game.

343 has 400 employees, and a year, they can probably do many of the things we ask of them, it's whether or not they'll listen. I'll be honest, I half expect them to do nothing, but also half expect something good out of them, i.e. Mcc is great, it just doesn't work.

Not sure but there was just a tournament with a freaking 2.5 million dollar prize pool...

I KNOW. Im a big Ghandi fan so I get some news of it there. Apparently its gonna be pretty sweet for the X1, and who wouldn't give it a try for fun, especially with that prize pool.

If you have played Halo:MCC you have most likely seen one of the many GUI crashes/errors that can occur for no specific reason.

Well in Halo 5 i experienced one of these GUI bugs and actually i thought it looked rather nice.

20150106055505_zps3e71acd7.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 has 400 employees, and a year, they can probably do many of the things we ask of them, it's whether or not they'll listen. I'll be honest, I half expect them to do nothing, but also half expect something good out of them, i.e. Mcc is great, it just doesn't work.

If anything is going to be changed, it's going to be minor (animations, weapon stats, small changes to maps). Nine to eleven months is not enough time to remove major features of the game (Sprint, clamber, slide, etc), remake the maps to fit new changes, and ship the game in the fall.

If anything is going to be changed, it's going to be minor (animations, weapon stats, small changes to maps). Nine to eleven months is not enough time to remove major features of the game (Sprint, clamber, slide, etc), remake the maps to fit new changes, and ship the game in the fall.

well I'd assume that not all the maps in the beta will be in the final game, they may just pick the two best out of the four that were in the beta, breakout used forge pieces, so that can take day to make. And if my memory is correct, the sprint showed that they were making maps in like two weeks at a time.

well I'd assume that not all the maps in the beta will be in the final game, they may just pick the two best out of the four that were in the beta, breakout used forge pieces, so that can take day to make. And if my memory is correct, the sprint showed that they were making maps in like two weeks at a time.

Lol. All the maps you see in the beta will be in the final game. In those sprint episodes they weren't making the maps in 2 weeks, they were finalizing them in 2 weeks.

Batch you're not alone. Ive never said anything because i Ididnt want to feel the wrath..but I don't think aiming in HCE is the fucking end all, be all like everyone says. Its not too hard, not too easy. Its great, but its not like your reticle is ice-skating. Its not the near impossible uber skill some talk it up to be. Obviously I'm exaggerating, but the point is clear. I can confidently say that I can land the same if not more shots in CE than H5 at the moment. Idk if thats just me or its the movement or if its just because I plain can't have fun playing H5 right now. Okay everyone my soul is ready. I straight up don't think its hard to consistently have reticule time on target in CE. Seems to be more about leading shots and rate of fire. (holding down trigger vs fast pulls)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Batch you're not alone. Ive never said anything because i Ididnt want to feel the wrath..but I don't think aiming in HCE is the fucking end all, be all like everyone says. Its not too hard, not too easy. Its great, but its not like your reticle is ice-skating. Its not the near impossible uber skill some talk it up to be. Obviously I'm exaggerating, but the point is clear. I can confidently say that I can land the same if not more shots in CE than H5 at the moment. Idk if thats just me or its the movement or if its just because I plain can't have fun playing H5 right now. Okay everyone my soul is ready. I straight up don't think its hard to consistently have reticule time on target in CE. Seems to be more about leading shots and rate of fire. (holding down trigger vs fast pulls)

The skillgap in shooting games never comes from the actual shooting. It is all about other factors, like positioning, movement etc. Obviously if you can't aim then you are gonna have a bad time, but most people pick it up within the first few minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The skillgap in shooting games never comes from the actual shooting. It is all about other factors, like positioning, movement etc. Obviously if you can't aim then you are gonna have a bad time, but most people pick it up within the first few minutes.

Totally agree with that.

@@Pyroteq

I suggest using the following terms.

Reticle friction

Bullet magnetism

Auto aim or aim assist could apply to both and people get confused.

personally, i've noticed a lot of bullet magnetism and not a lot of aim assist. auto aim is about the same as halo 4. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who really cares what its called? The point is we haven't had a game where shooting felt so good since NSZB. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

facepalm

The game has every bit of the childish levels of magnetism as Halo 4. Just less aim assist...

No scoping the sniper is, once again, a fucking joke...

Quinns Resume is interesting 

mZaf1MX.png

I wonder how high that level was

Edit: and he had significant involvement with Gears Judgement Multiplayer and maybe Gears 3 maps also :(

I'll stop Ground Pounding Quinn now but what's mentioned above doesn't seem to go hand in hand and Halo was already Dad before he could kill another franchise for me.

Where 343 is concerned, a staff captain is a god...

I wonder why Reach and Halo 4 aren't on there Kappa.

BUT seriously 343 need to hire this guy in case any employee brings up sprint again

9XbYb.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2