CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Figured I'd just post all 3 of my videos so far so they're together and they don't get lost in the other epic thread.

These ok to post in this thread?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Everytime I turn your videos on I think I have a ZiggyD video playing in another tab :ghost: . Did you tweet this one at 343 as well, I saw they noticed your other one.

Who?

I Tweeted this video at @Quinn. Not sure if he watched it. He acknowledged watching my other ones though.

haha na I definitely get what you are saying...but just trying to have somewhat of a positive mind going into this next week.

I tried that for Reach and was the only one of my friends who stuck with it for a year. Then Halo 4 rolled around and the same thing, telling my friends to have faith in 343 because of the bloom patch in Reach and now Halo 4 has "pro slayer" playlist at launch, that "we're back".

"Fool me once..." phrase comes to mind, I know. After seeing how unbelievably horrible the launch for MCC was and now some of the rubbish Halo 5 has in it, I just have no faith left in 343. Unless the competitive community actually gets listened to and our feedback taken seriously, I have no interest in buying Halo 5 as it will just be more disappointment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone else just not have the urge to play this game or am I the only one? I literally have my xbox 5 feet away from me and have no desire to play. When I was playing Halo 3 when it came out it was like crack to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It has quite a few appealing factors and with a few small changes it could be a very good Halo game. Right now it's just a "meh" fps.

Yeah, its has a ton of potential, but I honestly I believe that its too late in the development cycle to make it into a great "halo" game.

Won't blame anyone if they are with a negative mind all the way through the launch of H5.

We had Halo 4, the shittiest launch with MCC, and some individuals are being sassy towards feedback.

Yea I don't blame anyone either. I do not like the direction Halo has been heading at all. Literally just narrowing my positive outlook down to the map in comparison to the ones we have had so far.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone else getting a ton of hit reg issues?  I have a clip of unloading a whole clip of the AR into someone close range and they don't die.  I have one of 7 BR shots just dropping their shield and another of it taking 6 BR shots to drop shields.  343 desperately needs to work on their hit reg.  It's terrible in MCC as well.

I've found myself playing more H5 than anything else. The game plays pretty fast to be honest. Went back and played some H3 and it felt so slow, from kill times to movement speed, etc. It isn't HCE or H2C but IMO this game right now is better than 4 and Reach, and arguably H3 judging on what I just experienced.

I know I am beating a dead horse but I still would love to see sprint removed and a higher base movement speed, maps really aren't so big that they need sprint, IMO. This game has a lot of potential to be great, really hope they take the Beta feedback seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You could also stick enemies with the grenades fired in Reach, you cannot with the Hydra. I said it was very similar, not the same.

Edit: Almost 6 am here and I wasn't going to make a longer post then a few lines, but why not.

Have we tested that it can't lock onto multiple enemies yet? I have no idea. It also looks like one grenade kills a player with the Hydra from a direct hit? Only watched it once so please correct me if needed. It also wasn't that hard to dodge. I played days worth of Invasion and that Plasma Laucher wasn't that good of a weapon, I could dodge it fine.

I said it when they first released a description of the Hydra and I stand by it; it's pretty much a reskinned, human Plasma Laucher. So many better choices they could of gone with imo.

Similarities between Hydra and Plasma Launcher:

* Lock's onto players

Differences: 

* PL can lock onto multiple enemies Hydra CANNOT 

* PL takes 1 grenade to kill, Hydra takes 2. 

* PL can fire 4 grenades at a time, Hydra can fire six

* PL must charge up depending on how many grenades you want to fire, Hydra fires about as fast you pull the trigger. 

* PL can not hook shot, Hydra can. 

After 10 solid games, about 7 "slayer" and 3 "outbreak", I can honestly say I'm torn.  I'm liking the difficulty of hitting shots, less "auto aim". However, the one thing I can't get over or ignore is this useless, ridiculous, frustrating "ground and pound".  Since "Halo 2", I have always, ALWAYS been a "crouch jumper".  I can't help it. Even if I don't need to "crouch jump" to make a jump, I just always instinctively "crouch jump".  I'm sure after a few hours I could get use to it, but this is so frustrating.  I have been in countless battles where I go to jump, in mid-fight, and I morph into 3rd person with this stupid reticule and I'm frozen in air....you can imagine how the fight ends for me.  I pray when the final version comes out that I can just remove "ground and pound" from my settings. 

After 10 solid games, about 7 "slayer" and 3 "outbreak", I can honestly say I'm torn.  I'm liking the difficulty of hitting shots, less "auto aim". However, the one thing I can't get over or ignore is this useless, ridiculous, frustrating "ground and pound".  Since "Halo 2", I have always, ALWAYS been a "crouch jumper".  I can't help it. Even if I don't need to "crouch jump" to make a jump, I just always instinctively "crouch jump".  I'm sure after a few hours I could get use to it, but this is so frustrating.  I have been in countless battles where I go to jump, in mid-fight, and I morph into 3rd person with this stupid reticule and I'm frozen in air....you can imagine how the fight ends for me.  I pray when the final version comes out that I can just remove "ground and pound" from my settings. 

The issue will be fixed for the final game. The crouch and ground pound will likely be on different buttons. 

I just tried out the Hydra launcher using Quinns hook shot strategy.

Honestly, the weapon just seems far too situational. I got a few BS hook shot kills but there's far too many elements that affect the effectiveness of the weapon.

It's bad if your target is in an enclosed space. It's bad if the enemy knows you're shooting at them. It's bad if you're not in a position where you can effectively curve it.

It's definitely not as useless as I originally thought it was, but even after trying it out a few times by shooting it in the air it felt completely random whether it would hit my intended target or not.

Give me back my railgun which was one of the first actual original weapons added to the game since Halo 1.

I don't get how people are congratulating 343 on less autoaim.

The autoaim is absurd. My wife hasn't played Halo in almost a year (and back when she did she was a casual gamer that played Team Slayer a couple of times) and she was getting perfection medals in her first game of the Halo 5 beta.

Either my wife is secretly a Halo pro or the autoaim in this game is still far too forgiving. Perhaps some of you have been playing too much Halo 2 Classic in the MCC? Go play Halo 1 and you'll see how much autoaim should ACTUALLY be in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've found myself playing more H5 than anything else. The game plays pretty fast to be honest. Went back and played some H3 and it felt so slow, from kill times to movement speed, etc. It isn't HCE or H2C but IMO this game right now is better than 4 and Reach, and arguably H3 judging on what I just experienced.

I know I am beating a dead horse but I still would love to see sprint removed and a higher base movement speed, maps really aren't so big that they need sprint, IMO. This game has a lot of potential to be great, really hope they take the Beta feedback seriously.

not sure how H3 mlg playlist can feel slow. 

Who?

I Tweeted this video at @Quinn. Not sure if he watched it. He acknowledged watching my other ones though.

POE streamer. He opens his videos the same way you did, it sounds exactly like him.

Honestly, the weapon just seems far too situational. I got a few BS hook shot kills but there's far too many elements that affect the effectiveness of the weapon.

It's bad if your target is in an enclosed space. It's bad if the enemy knows you're shooting at them. It's bad if you're not in a position where you can effectively curve it.

It's definitely not as useless as I originally thought it was, but even after trying it out a few times by shooting it in the air it felt completely random whether it would hit my intended target or not.

Give me back my railgun which was one of the first actual original weapons added to the game since Halo 1.

The autoaim is absurd. My wife hasn't played Halo in almost a year (and back when she did she was a casual gamer that played Team Slayer a couple of times) and she was getting perfection medals in her first game of the Halo 5 beta.

Either my wife is secretly a Halo pro or the autoaim in this game is still far too forgiving. Perhaps some of you have been playing too much Halo 2 Classic in the MCC? Go play Halo 1 and you'll see how much autoaim should ACTUALLY be in this game.

It is easy to aim in Halo 1 as well. I bet your wife could 3 people no problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I think your confusing magnetism with auto aim.  The auto aim is def lower in h5 than most of the halos but the few games of H5 I have played, I can tell you I would finish off a guy with a "headshot" that wasn't even close to his head.  The extreme magnetism kinda negates the less auto aim 

Does anyone else just not have the urge to play this game or am I the only one? I literally have my xbox 5 feet away from me and have no desire to play. When I was playing Halo 3 when it came out it was like crack to me.

Nope. I've only gotten on to play 3 times and all of them I pretty much had to force myself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have played a few hours total, and it's been an "alright experience" It doesn't feel much like Halo. Truth, the remake of midship, was terrible. Much too open it felt like, and very dark. It is nothing like it's self. here's my opinion on the game:

Sprint - doesn't belong here in halo. We've tried it in reach, we've tried it in H4. It's been terrible in both games. Take it out, no one wants it.

Thruster - I don't mind the thruster. I think it's an interesting addition, and I could get used to it. In competitive play, I'd rather not see it, but it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Clamber - terrible. Completely takes away skill jumping. Granted you have to have coordination to sprint, jump, clamber and make that jump, but it's not difficult. At least if it's kept in the game, take it out of the competitive scene.

Ground pound - might be fun to use for some, but I crouch jump a lot. So I absolutely HATE this feature. I try to crouch jump and next thing I know i'm making a red circle on the ground. not cool. not fun. (maybe have a toggle on/off like we do other abilities)

Auto stabalize - who thought this was a good idea? Let a halo player levitate mid air for a few seconds while shooting? Man this is turning into call of duty.I've had mine off since I learned it could be toggled off.

The maps seem decent, but very similar. It's the beta, but still, the maps from the 1st week and 2nd week seemed like the lighting was tweaked and a few small other tweaks to give us a new map. But they didn't play bad.

breakout imo is terrible. I may be just saying that because I must be the most terrible breakout player ever, but I could not get a single kill in this gametype. If I wasn't getting spam naded, I was getting cross map smg'd, and for some reason could not win a 1 on 1 battle. It didn't feel like Halo in the least bit, and was a very frustrating game. This is halo, but they're trying to make it more and more like CoD.

The AR.. Definitely overpowered. Why would you make an AR so strong? with it's zoom feature its a beast. Then that brings us to the SMG, it's a god! You cant beat it. short-mid range is useless with a br if your up against an AR or SMG. Reward players for skill, not spray?

The sword "bane" was terrible. I don't know about you guys but it burned my eyes if I was holding it and looking at it. I had to put it away. maybe decrease the glow a touch? at least on dark maps such as truth.

The ranking system worked somewhat. I was often getting matched up with people in the same tier or a little above/below me.

I didn't have issues with searching for games like some did, so I've had a pretty good experience in that aspect. A lot better than I have had in Halo: MCC.

The melee when you are sprinting is completely terrible. It causes a loud "thud" noise that actually scared me the first time I accidentally used it. On top of which causes you to miss the melee completely and tweaks your screen to a way it shouldn't be from just a melee. Is this destiny's titan punch?

Aim down sights: I play on bumper jumper, so the controls were exactly what I'm used to. I don't care for the new zoom, but if I have to I can get used to it. The classic scoping in is much, much better than what they are trying to add now.

The radio chatter is no good. It causes way too much noise. If anything keep it be have it be able to be "muted" or "toggled on/off" I don't care about what much of the spartans on my team do/pick up.

All in all it is a decent game at best. You need to go with what made Halo itself. You're trying too hard to copy other games, (destiny, CoD). To me it's not Halo, it's just a cross between two games I don't even care for. If 343i would focus on what made halo 2 and 3 so popular, they might be able to make a good Halo game. In my opinion if it wants to attract players it's got a long way to go, and a lot of changes to be made. Currently, I won't buy it, and I know many others feel the same. Hopefully we'll be heard and get a little attention from 343 to make a game the "buyers" want, not a game "343i" wants to make. So far they've done terrible with H4, and even remaking the old halo games, they broke that. Very high hopes this will be a good game, but low expectations. I cant wait to see changes that are made (if any) and see the game as it releases. It just feels like i'm playing a scifi version of CoD.

It is easy to aim in Halo 1 as well. I bet your wife could 3 people no problem.

So, you're the forum troll, right?

I think your confusing magnetism with auto aim.  The auto aim is def lower in h5 than most of the halos but the few games of H5 I have played, I can tell you I would finish off a guy with a "headshot" that wasn't even close to his head.  The extreme magnetism kinda negates the less auto aim 

Except autoaim has existed in FPS since Wolfenstein 3D, so no, it's YOU who is confused by magnetism and autoaim, not me. (Pro tip, the term autoaim has existed before magnetism was even conceived and people need to stop fucking up the terms)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems like it's usually better to just shoot people with a BR instead of trying to lock onto them with a Hydra.

That applies to all the "power" weapons we've seen so far.

Empire has no sightlines so the sniper isn't particularly useful there. Eden is just a royal clusterfuck.

The sword and bane have barely any lunging range and in the case of the bane the damn thing glows so much that even corner camping with it doesn't work. People wonder how 3 banes can be on the map at once, that's how.

I prefer to just go get a DMR over all of those.

So, you're the forum troll, right?

Erm, no? You are acting like Halo 1 has no auto aim at all. If your wife can perfect people in H5 then there is no reason she can't 3 someone in CE

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3