CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

These map remixes kinda suck. They have such unnatural and shitty lines of sight. Still better than anything on Halo 4 I guess, and I'm not gonna complain about what are just basically "bonus" maps.

Very similar to Reach's Plasma Launcher, nothing else to say really.

With the Plasma Launcher you could lock on to multiple enemies, it only took one grenade to kill a guy, it was a lot harder to dodge and you couldn't fire it without being locked on. So not really.

• Upvote (+1) 1

These map remixes kinda suck. They have such unnatural and shitty lines of sight. Still better than anything on Halo 4 I guess, and I'm not gonna complain about what are just basically "bonus" maps.

They better just be "bonus" maps. If Halo 5 only has like 6 4v4 maps with 3 of them being remixes I'd feel kinda cheated. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

obviously there are still going to be locations where you and a teammate can coordinate to do things like this, but more than likely you're going to be able to sprint+thrust+jump+clamber to different spots without the need of a teammate or a trick jump. 343 is removing doing "cool shit" by making everything easier for the player.

Yea there probably won't be anymore nerd plays. The type of stuff Evadur would do in games, like run the flag in ridiculous routes getting around be nade jumping and ghost jumping.

Thoughts? 

The gun STILL takes no skill to use. At least the Rocket Launcher doesn't track players across the map. What a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Nuance. Thats one thing halo 5 doesnt have, which h2 (and h3 somewhat) did have.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah. I know it's more of a "the skill is in getting it not using it" weapon, but at least you have to actually, you know, aim rockets.

I've been wrecking people with it and I didn't even think to lock on and then shoot at a different angle to catch people around cover. So it's even better than I thought lol

If it was a one-shot the thing would pretty much be the H4 Incineration Cannon.

Thoughts? 

Wow, it's actually way better than I thought it was. I'm now terrified of everyone learning how to use this weapon and just pwning the entire map with it...

It's almost too good to the point where it's broken since LOS is supposed to be the main mechanic in the game to avoid dying. Unless there's some sort of audio/visual cue to let you know you've got a missile locked onto you the gun has no real counter play.

This is 101 game design stuff...

Also, I'd like to add that if you're supposed to use the weapon as if it's a mortar than it's completely useless in maps like Eden or indoor maps, etc.

Seems a bit silly to have a weapon like this that is more suited to big team battle in arena maps...

I am looking forward to these maps way more than any of the other ones besides Truth. Looks like there are a lot of wide open spaces which is good to minimize the chasing chaos.

I've been playing half-life 2 lately. What if sprint worked the same in H5 as it does it in H-L 2?

You have to hold it down, it uses an energy bar, you can still shoot while using sprint. 

The sprint in half life 2 can make your strafe faster too. 

I am looking forward to these maps way more than any of the other ones besides Truth. Looks like there are a lot of wide open spaces which is good to minimize the chasing chaos.

Haven? 

the only thing that will stop the chasing chaos is remov.....nvm fuck it..

With the Plasma Launcher you could lock on to multiple enemies, it only took one grenade to kill a guy, it was a lot harder to dodge and you couldn't fire it without being locked on. So not really.

You could also stick enemies with the grenades fired in Reach, you cannot with the Hydra. I said it was very similar, not the same.

Edit: Almost 6 am here and I wasn't going to make a longer post then a few lines, but why not.

Have we tested that it can't lock onto multiple enemies yet? I have no idea. It also looks like one grenade kills a player with the Hydra from a direct hit? Only watched it once so please correct me if needed. It also wasn't that hard to dodge. I played days worth of Invasion and that Plasma Laucher wasn't that good of a weapon, I could dodge it fine.

I said it when they first released a description of the Hydra and I stand by it; it's pretty much a reskinned, human Plasma Laucher. So many better choices they could of gone with imo.

I feel terrible for really enjoying H5 at the moment. 

I know its not traditional Halo, but I just enjoy something about it, with a couple reservations, of course.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven? 

the only thing that will stop the chasing chaos is remov.....nvm fuck it..

haha na I definitely get what you are saying...but just trying to have somewhat of a positive mind going into this next week.

21o3bb6.jpg

The realization that your favorite series may finally be finished is painful as fuck.

*goes back to playing a broken MCC*

Honestly as sad as it is... i would prefer for it to die then what 343 is doing to it..

• Upvote (+1) 6

Everytime I turn your videos on I think I have a ZiggyD video playing in another tab :ghost: . Did you tweet this one at 343 as well, I saw they noticed your other one.

haha na I definitely get what you are saying...but just trying to have somewhat of a positive mind going into this next week.

don't get me wrong I fully welcome these 2 new maps, from the highlights they look less cluttered from we've had to play so far. Hopefully thats the case when we see the maps in their entirety. Sprint will still ruin them though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

but just trying to have somewhat of a positive mind going into this next week.

Won't blame anyone if they are with a negative mind all the way through the launch of H5.

We had Halo 4, the shittiest launch with MCC, and some individuals are being sassy towards feedback.

I feel terrible for really enjoying H5 at the moment.

I know its not traditional Halo, but I just enjoy something about it, with a couple reservations, of course.

It has quite a few appealing factors and with a few small changes it could be a very good Halo game. Right now it's just a "meh" fps.