CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Dear 343,

dankYou guys did an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G job on Halo 5!! I want to really applaud you guys for finally delivering on this beautiful game. You guys answered our prayers! And despite what the haters KEEP ON SAYING, I think that ALL the abilities ALL of them are a great feature to the game and that they DON'T REALLY BREAK THE GAME AT ALL. I understand halo is not supposed to have sprint or any of these things you guys added. PLEASE experiment with no sprint and see what pros such as NINJA, GHANDI, GHOSTAYAME, WALSHY, and OGRE 2 have to say about it. None of us really have a perfect idea of what halo IS SUPPOSED TO BE like these guys do. These guys know what they are talking about. ASK THESE PROS TO TEST THE GAME without sprint and lots of tweaks everyone wants to see if they ACTUALLY WORK. Please ask these people "Specifically" SINCE THEY HAVE IMMENSE EXPERIENCE with halo's golden age, to try out all of these different settings to find out once and for all what works and what doesn't. Please ask these people to help test your game from here on out. THEY KNOW THE MOST. It will extremely benefit halos future! Thank you 343 and keep doing what you guys do. You guys are awesome!

• Downvote (-1) 16

Reminds me of people telling me to "adapt" when I didn't like some of the changes in Halo 2.

I went to fucking Singapore for the WCG 2005 Halo 2 grand finals. I think I adapted pretty fucking well, don't you?

When people use the term just because someone dislike a certain change to a video game, I picture myself choking the life out of these inbred fools, especially on Waypoint. It is as if the people there do not understand what an opinion is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unpopular Opinion time.

The BR in Halo 5 is a piece of shit. The reticle for it looks disgusting and they should go to the classic Halo 2 or H2A reticle + iron sights are stupid and the old way of zooming in was better.

The reason why BR suck suck right now is also because the maps in the rotation are terrible Eden and Regret suck and have horrible sight lines.

Br starts are bad in this game for now.

Sprint - Remove, it makes you feel weak as everyone can just run away from you. Shields not recharging sounds good on paper but in practice it doesn't work as a deterrent at all; when being shot it is still safer to run away and charge shields later than to walk and die. Just increase movement acceleration and speed for better strafing and for the lore of "spartans should be able to sprint" (yes, they are, all the time, and while shooting accurately)

Ground Pound - Remove, it is used more for the hovering effect to dodge nades, and as another way to traverse the map at speed. Overall a fairly useless addition that doesn't really make much sense (speed-falling to the ground would cause at least an equal amount of damage to yourself, as you deal to your opponent)

Spartan Charge - Remove, it gives too much power to a sprinter. Many times I have caught a guy sprinting and have been putting shots then he charges me and ends up winning. If you get caught sprinting you should be punished (a cooldown between terminating sprint, and dealing damage).

Killcam & Death music - Remove, Killcams are laggy and pointless compared to the classic 3rd-person cams which are far superior in terms of fluidity, information and intermission entertainment. The 3rd person cam also allows you to get a sense of where your team is so when you are spawning you know where you will be safe. The Death music also gets old very fast - doing the math, an average player will hear it 20,000 times a year. It's the same problem as lobby music, it gets old and annoying very fast to that point that it causes frustration - don't give people a reason not to play your game.

Stabilize - Remove, all they do is remove the skill in jumping skill-shots, it's also quite jarring when you have it on auto as you expect to fall but then feel like you land on something in midair. Like Ground Pound and Sprint, the game would be better off without it.

Flinch - Remove, the reason for sprint and other abilities is to make you feel more like a super soldier, yet now you flinch when getting shot. This feature just adds randomness to what is supposed to be a competitive title, doesn't make sense, and is redundant since we have de-scope.

Zoom delay - Remove, Smart Scope is fine but the delay in zooming is not. Please keep the usual zoom-in speed that we have always had - we don't need a slowed down graphical showcase of how we get into scope.

Smart Scope - Keep, looks fine but please keep accuracy the same when hip-firing as when zoomed.

Thruster - Keep, adds to CQC depth and strategy and is the movement augmentation for Spartans that both works competitively and makes sense.

Slide - Keep, nice addition but if it needs to be removed because it doesn't work without sprint that's fine. No sprint no slide > having both.

Clamber - Keep, nice addition but please retain the same amount (if not more) of skill jumps as in previous titles. I would hate to see this addition lowering the skill gap.

Power Weapon Timers - Keep but please don't put so much emphasis on them that we miss out on mid-tier weapon depth and strategy. I would love for the CE Plasma Rifle and it's stun effect to return, as well as the Reach Grenade Launcher and it's bouncing projectiles. The mid tier weapon selection is perhaps the most important in creating longevity and interest in a game, as they can off different but not overpowered effects, this causes players to get inventive in order to put them to use. The more variance in weapon function, the better.

Ranking System - Keep, Having different levels to work through is much more motivating than anything Halo has had before, good work.

BXR Medal - If you are going to have this medal in the game then actually make it possible. At this stage what is there to lose? If would just add skill, depth and excitement, and more importantly give more balanced power to those without power weapons. BXR made H2's CQC game better than any other title because it gave every spartan a chance to beat sword and shotgun and gave them a chance to make big plays and get multikills. If you want this game to be a good spectator title, including real BXRs will help. Adding BXR will also restore a bit more faith in the older players.

Edit: Daymn! imagine the cqc game with thrust and BXR in the mix! Shit would be next level.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When people use the term just because someone dislike a certain change to a video game, I picture myself choking the life out of these inbred fools, especially on Waypoint. It is as if the people there do not understand what an opinion is.

Or that some opinions are worth more than others.

I'm pretty sure my opinion is worth more than most players considering I've competed at WCG qualifiers for Halo 1, Halo 2 AND Halo 3. I've been an active community member since 2002 and I've got experience in PC gaming as well. AKA, my first FPS wasn't bloody Goldeneye on N64.

These kids think their opinions are important when they're terrible at the game, have absolutely zero understanding of game design, game balance, skill or competition and they're not even going to play the game more than 3 months anyway.

It's like a patient insisting they have pneumonia when the doctor tells them: "NO, FOR THE TENTH TIME, YOU HAVE THE COMMON COLD, NOW SHUT UP". Sure, they can have an opinion but I'm pretty sure I'm going to listen to the doctor.

I'm pressing kids half shields on purpose to just rape Em in 1v1s. The lower auto aim is beautiful to see. So many shots flying passed my head lol as I tap dance on em.

Thing that pisses me off the most from Waypointers is that they think we want to get rid of sprint because we aren't good at Halo with sprint.

lol.

I like to play BTB in the MCC, because it is the easiest way to get BR starts in the classic Halos. Every once and a while, a Halo 4 map will get the majority vote and I'll have to play a game of it. It usually turns out that the people who vote for H4 aren't the highest caliber of players, and I'll pretty much always end up within the top 2 players on my team, with a large margin compared to the other teammates, and I'm not even a very good Halo player.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

This isn't really a petition that can possibly go anywhere.

Already in the beta I've had some pretty significant frame rate drops. There is no way in hell this game could play at even 30 FPS with 4 player split screen.

The fact that console games are now launching without split-screen astounds me.  That's like one of the main reasons to get a console over a PC to begin with

Back in the day when Halo 1 was around gaming hadn't hit the mainstream yet. Also, the game supported 4 Xbox's max so even if you somehow had 8 friends with Xbox's you were forced to play splitscreen regardless. Most people didn't own consoles and even if you wanted to take your Xbox to a friends house to play LAN you'd have to somehow get a giant CRT TV in your car and find room to set it up. Now nearly every family has at least one console in their house and LCD's are cheap as hell. As long as the game still has 2 play split screen I'm happy.

I haven't played 4 player split screen in YEARS. I don't want to. It's such little effort to throw an LCD and an Xbox in the car and play system link instead.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

#Believe 

76172f7d65cbb9c2d06a1a27d6ca7336.png

Kevin Franklin... Those two words describe everything that is wrong with Halo.

This is one of the people who destroyed SOCOM, yet Microsoft thought he was the right choice for Halo? Kevin Franklin worked for Disney before 343... DISNEY! Quinn was a HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH! And Microsoft left Halo in their hands... WHY???

Kevin Franklin... Those two words describe everything that is wrong with Halo.

This is one of the people who destroyed SOCOM, yet Microsoft thought he was the right choice for Halo? Kevin Franklin worked for Disney before 343... DISNEY! Quinn was a HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH! And Microsoft left Halo in their hands... WHY???

quinn worked on gears 3 and judgment before halo.

Judgement is the Reach of gears without NBNS.

Gears 3 mechanics were great and made up for what gears 2 was before TU6 BUT the maps in Gears 3 were horrendous compared to Gears 2/1 maps, Quinn is obviously influencing maps according to 'the sprint' show.

Quinn seems cool but i'm a skeptical Hippo right now from what i've seen on H5B and i'm tired of moving franchises :(.

Which brings me to my next point: That is why you all should have no faith in any of our feedback being used.

Quinn was the MP guy for Gears 3, which had a beta a few months before release. Everyone told them to nerf the sawed-shotgun, which was one of the most OP bullshit guns I've ever encountered. And they did nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Guys, important.

Josh Menke had a conversation with me about the ranking and matching system in Halo 5. Quite important because it has some answers from different situations that many of us had.

I'm in my phone, so if anyone could just check Josh's twitter and post the entire conversation so a lot of people understand what's going on, I'll give you a taco.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Which brings me to my next point: That is why you all should have no faith in any of our feedback being used.

Quinn was the MP guy for Gears 3, which had a beta a few months before release. Everyone told them to nerf the sawed-shotgun, which was one of the most OP bullshit guns I've ever encountered. And they did nothing.

I'm pretty sure they nerfed it, just the weapon itself was gonna be bullshit no matter what. I'm proud of my 2 sawed off kills in my gears 3 career.

Guys, important.

Josh Menke had a conversation with me about the ranking and matching system in Halo 5. Quite important because it has some answers from different situations that many of us had.

I'm in my phone, so if anyone could just check Josh's twitter and post the entire conversation so a lot of people understand what's going on, I'll give you a taco.

9z6mceR.png

• Upvote (+1) 1