CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Always having problems finding that's last player.. Hmm just like mcc.

I think people are getting the ranking system mixed up with the matching system. The ranking system is fine it is the matching system that is matching people up terribly. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really like breakout but when you get 1 on 3 it is litterally impossible to win against a good team. 1 on 2 is even hard so I think that an unlimited speed boost should be given to the last person standing on either team to aid that player but not be something so over powered.

For example, if it is 1 on 2, the last person left would get speed boost. If he kills 1 of the other players then the last person on that team will ALSO get speed boost until the round is over.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I really like breakout but when you get 1 on 3 in halo it is litterally impossible to win against a good team. 1 on 2 is even hard so I think that an unlimited speed boost should be given to the last person standing on either team to aid that player but not be something so over powered.

For example, if it is 1 on 2, the last person left would get speed boost. If he kills 1 of the other players then the last person on that team will ALSO get speed boost until the round is over.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Always having problems finding that's last player.. Hmm just like mcc.

Yup. Sitting here with 7 waiting on an 8th. Can't back out either.

I really like breakout but when you get 1 on 3 in halo it is litterally impossible to win against a good team. .

That's the point, the best team wouldn't get themselves in that position. Can be frustrating as a random I know but it is a very team-oriented gametype. If I'm playing as a random I often find myself pushing up with teammates just to protect their sorry asses.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are all the covie weapons confirmed to be in this game? I don't want to see another Halo 4 where we have like 4 weapons that have the same purpose which ends up making them have to be balanced against each other as opposed to the entire sandbox itself. Like the carbine shouldn't come back and neither should that fake plasma rifle thing.

I really like breakout but when you get 1 on 3 in halo it is litterally impossible to win against a good team. 1 on 2 is even hard so I think that an unlimited speed boost should be given to the last person standing on either team to aid that player but not be something so over powered.

no no no. a 1v2 or 1v3 should be hard. winning in that situation should separate the boys from the men. if the match making actually worked, you would rarly run into these situations with two evenly matched teams. but even then it's still possible if you have the skill, just asked anyone who's played gears 1-3.

I feel breakout has potential but there's so many questions that some with it. A few being;

Do we redesign the maps to have an attacking and defending side when we add objective to it or leave it symmetrical?
Power weapons?
Power weapons that spawn after a minute or so?
Do we have to have the stupid team flying into the arena? Because it seems you can die at the start by the server or the player lagging, what happens in an online tournament when some team goes down 3v4 straight away due to this?
BR starts or SMG/Pistols?

BR as pick ups or not?
Keep the same health/no shields thing it has right now?

Many more but I think that's enough to start with, not looking for answers to these, just something to think about.

Played on the new maps- Like them both better than the first versions.

I feel the hydra is going to be abused with auto stabilizers -> smartscope -> lock on. 

Sniping in this game is wayyy to easy.

GOW's gameplay allows for winning 1v2 or 1v3, the kill times if you do it right are almost instant. That isn't the case with 5, it's possible in H1... oh man the sooner they give us a proper 2v2 list the better. 

In my opinion i think the beta is dope af it shows alot of potentiol to be a great halo game. I love the fast pace in the game it something new. I dont want another halo with the same thing and same game play i think so far with this beta that halo 5 is going to turn out great if 343 keeps moving forward.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

And can someone explain how to use the "slide" feature?

When sprinting and your crosshair changes to let you know you're in "maximum speed", crouch will do a slide, beatdown will do a charge.

• Upvote (+1) 1

GOW's gameplay allows for winning 1v2 or 1v3, the kill times if you do it right are almost instant. That isn't the case with 5, it's possible in H1... oh man the sooner they give us a proper 2v2 list the better. 

thats odd, could of sworn i literally did that on my first game with just a smg, pistol and nades. i guess i was dreaming?

And can someone explain how to use the "slide" feature?

Same. I honestly have no idea how to do it. It's not listed in the controls either.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Same in CS, you can win a 1v5. In Halo it would literally be impossible to win a 1v4 unless the other team has no thumbs.

When sprinting and your crosshair changes to let you know you're in "maximum speed", crouch will do a slide, beatdown will do a charge.

Same. I honestly have no idea how to do it. It's not listed in the controls either.

Sprint + crouch

Thanks boys.

343i should consider having Spartan training gorunds, like FIFA mini games, explaining the controls, weapons, spartan abilites, etc.... My buddy did not know there was sprint till yesterday- he thought thrust was sprint LOL. I had no idea how to slide till now and my other friend did not know how to ground and pound. 

It would just make it easier for everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It makes me so sad to see how this game could be a very good Halo game with a few tweaks. These would make it from pretty bad to actually enjoyable.

If we pretended halo started in 2010 then I'm sure it would feel like a brand new halo game.

The core-game still resembles Halo 2's all the way back from 2004, like what every other Halo since then has been built off of. Throwing grenades feels closer to CE... There are obviously, new mechanics laying over top of the core-game, some originally introduced in some form in 2010, in Reach, that are implemented in a much better way this time as base-player traits... That's really just how it is.

Every Halo game has slightly different movement/physics/what-have-you from the last one that's come out... the overall feeling of aiming/sensitively/aim-assist... but that's totally fine. In fact, it's good and is what gave each game its little bit of learning curve over the others.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thanks boys.

343i should consider having Spartan training gorunds, like FIFA mini games, explaining the controls, weapons, spartan abilites, etc.... My buddy did not know there was sprint till yesterday- he thought thrust was sprint LOL. I had no idea how to slide till now and my other friend did not know how to ground and pound. 

It would just make it easier for everyone.

I wouldn't even mind some octagon type thing messing around whilst you're waiting for the game. Not sure how hard that'd be/if it would be possible, just a thought.

• Upvote (+1) 1