CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Loving both Eden & Regret. Light Rifle is sexy as ever, only thing I don't like is the new sounds on it. I would like more powerful sound and feel on it. Hydra is okay I guess. Mix between Brute Shot & Plasma Launcher.

Does anyone else get the red triangle error: "Error retrieving data center results. Please restart Halo 5."

I've tried hard resetting my xbox, resetting router, etc. Nothing seems to work...

I played 10 games of Breakout from scratch with a friend and we both got rated playing the same games together winning 9/10 games. I got silver and he got pro being the main BR user of the team.

Pre TU Reach arena ranks confirmed?

I love the subtle and not so subtle changes 343 have made to the Halo multiplayer in Halo 5. In this video I go through a few of them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really hate the scope delay. Or ADS delay, whatever. It takes away from the "run and gun". Its more effective to pre-scope before entering a LOS, than to be on the move, like in Halo. Its also annoying to be in a mid/ long range fight, hit the "ADS" button, wait for your slow stupid spartan to bring the gun up, only to immediately get descoped. All so the weapons can have "immersive" ADS animations. Fuck dat.

Can I play as the master chief in H5? He wasn't a fucking ******.

• Upvote (+1) 5

My Spartan just died from a heart attack on Regret and respawned on Eden without radar. These simulated malfunctions are pretty immersive.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really hate the scope delay. Or ADS delay, whatever. It takes away from the "run and gun". Its more effective to pre-scope before entering a LOS, than to be on the move, like in Halo. Its also annoying to be in a mid/ long range fight, hit the "ADS" button, wait for your slow stupid spartan to bring the gun up, only to immediately get descoped. All so the weapons can have "immersive" ADS animations. Fuck dat.

Can I play as the master chief in H5? He wasn't a fucking ******.

I find smart scope more annoying than sprint right now...

• Upvote (+1) 1

You two can neg rep me all you like, but it's not exactly like I'm the only person in the Halo community with this opinion; it's apparently the majority, which is a good thing: maybe the community will unite against 343's direction. The fact that we haven't done so yet is why we are where we are now.

I agree we don't need 343 we have Halo 1-3. Lets just focus on that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the record, I made like TWO posts about controller settings lol... But anyway, to be frank, I just feel like a lot of people... not people here necessarily, but the average player you run into online that makes a comment... are being ignorant to the fact that there are other control schemes in the game and that it doesn't have to "play" like COD if you don't want it to.

As for past posts where I've said something about how new mechanics should (in my mind) be mapped on the controller, I just have a strong opinion and dare I say, "vision" on how a Halo game should play... That's all.

That's one more then was needed. Someone already told you it has nothing to do with the control settings, it's how the game plays. That's why I was amazed you made a second post about control settings.

Just to be clear..again, it has nothing to do with that, it's about how the game feels and plays. I could be playing with a SNES controller and the same feeling would be there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just got a BXR medal on Regret. :walshy:

It;s one of my biggest peeves with the x1. Even something as simple as sending a friend a message takes forever. They need to bring back the mini menu, and lose the load times for the apps.

Exactly, why must developers constantly take one step forward and two steps back. Microsoft with the little things on the Xbone and now 343 with Halo games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm in a weird place with this game. I like the gunplay. Minus ADS and the Sniper scope, everything feels very solid and not quite as easy as past Halo games. I would be interested in seeing them make it just a tad bit more difficult, but I could easily be happy with how it is now long-term.

So shooting people feels great, but now I'm ranking up and playing better people and christ... I probably have 2-3 fights per game that resolve themselves immediately. All the rest involve some drawn out encounter where one guy sprints or (especially) thrusts away and there's either chasing to kill him, or shields recharge and the encounter repeats itself. Same problem as Reach and H4, except it often takes even longer to reset due to the shields connection to sprint.

I was surprised that I was genuinely enjoying the game overall in my early matches. That disappeared quick once you get to a level where everyone is thrusting away as soon as they take damage.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm in a weird place with this game. I like the gunplay. Minus ADS and the Sniper scope, everything feels very solid and not quite as easy as past Halo games. I would be interested in seeing them make it just a tad bit more difficult, but I could easily be happy with how it is now long-term.

So shooting people feels great, but now I'm ranking up and playing better people and christ... I probably have 2-3 fights per game that resolve themselves immediately. All the rest involve some drawn out encounter where one guy sprints or (especially) thrusts away and there's either chasing to kill him, or shields recharge and the encounter repeats itself. Same problem as Reach and H4, except it often takes even longer to reset due to the shields connection to sprint.

I was surprised that I was genuinely enjoying the game overall in my early matches. That disappeared quick once you get to a level where everyone is thrusting away as soon as they take damage.

I'll never understand why people put ranks over good gameplay. I'd rather H5 be wholly unranked if it meant the game not being a chore against good kids.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even with BR starts this game doesn't feel good. The map size is too big for the BR to be an effective weapon across map. This just leads to people sprinting around trying to get into range and then sprinting away when they are losing a battle. I cant even play more than 1 game alone, its so ridiculously boring.

Wasn't one of the main arguments for sprint from 343 to allow people to get into battle faster? If that is the case why are they making the maps 2 to 3 times the size? Make maps smaller and increase base movement speed and people could get to battle faster than they can right now with sprint. Not to mention you will be able to actually do something on the way to the battle other than watch your weapon bob up and down like a baffoon.

Valid point. 

Agreed. Game makes you feel awesome when your pwning noobs but then you face higher ranked people with thumbs and matches just become hide, seek, run away.

Actually think I'm gonna play this nonstop for my H5 sessions from now on:

Would make it a lot more entertaining.

Does anyone else get the red triangle error: "Error retrieving data center results. Please restart Halo 5."

I've tried hard resetting my xbox, resetting router, etc. Nothing seems to work...

It's a blessing in disguise. 

So I seriously have some sort of reverse pyschology problem going on. I use the H5 control scheme that is most similar to Destiny so I don't have to develop two totally different reflexes. But this actually messes me up anyway because I keep trying to play H5 like older Halos. Seven years of muscle memory got me fucked up.

B=melee. Always.

This happened to me as well, just in a different way. When I first loaded up Reach beta, I was trying to use the "default" Halo control scheme (a to jump, x to reload, b to melee etc etc) after playing BJ for 2 1/2 years at that point.

Fast forward to H5 beta, my first two games I was trying to click left stick in to sprint and press LT to zoom in, these are cod controls and I've played about 10h of cod in my life total, so why was I trying to use cod controls after playing BJ for 6 1/2 years straight and with basically no cod time under my belt?

If someone could explain that please.

Gt:II10PMII

Just looking for players with mics that try to make call outs add me

Kda:7

Gold2

And guess what? It "feels" like a brand-new Halo game...

If we pretended halo started in 2010 then I'm sure it would feel like a brand new halo game.

Agreed. Game makes you feel awesome when your pwning noobs but then you face higher ranked people with thumbs and matches just become hide, seek, run away.

Actually think I'm gonna play this nonstop for my H5 sessions from now on:

Would make it a lot more entertaining.

Honestly part of whats making me start to dislike it, when you get to higher levels people know how to play just as you do, the annoying shit that they do is the same thing you do to other people, but all I want is to outshoot people and get kills when i deserve them, this thruster sprint combo is an aneurysm brewing

Spartans need to start saying shit like "Bro, do you even lift?" and "Get shat on kiddy" and "Damn that female spartan just gave me the hardest boner."

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Man, the ranking system in this beta is just completely trash. I seriously don't care who made it, It's fucking terrible. I either get matched against teams of 4 on high ranks or I destroy people who arent even ranked yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The ranks actually seem pretty sick. The behind the scenes stuff which just has to match players against others of similar rank just doesn't seem to be working lol. It may be a result of population not being high enough or it may just be that MS has that BS true skill matchmaking and shoehorned it into every game. 

• Upvote (+1) 3