CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Shinobi and Frank O'Connor are locked in an eternal duel of secrecy.

Maybe "disapointed" could just be saying no gameplay or screenshots, just written impressions... Or it could mean that we have to go another day with no news   :(

So a announcement for a small event before E3 for Halo 5/Halo Kinectimals Unleashed.

I'm really dying for a leak, screw E3 we have all been waiting for this for a very long time.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So hypothetically, if something were to be revealed, it could happen at 6am EST today (5/16/2014)? If anything, I have a feeling it will just be the announcement that Halo 5 is in the works. That hasn't technically been announced yet right? As far as I know, they have been sticking to Halo Xbox One. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So hypothetically, if something were to be revealed, it could happen at 6am EST today (5/16/2014)? If anything, I have a feeling it will just be the announcement that Halo 5 is in the works. That hasn't technically been announced yet right? As far as I know, they have been sticking to Halo Xbox One.

Supposedly, it's an official name, the release window, and a small amount of information. Did anyone really expect a trailer? That will be coming in a month, along with (hopefully) a H2A announcment.

"We are proud to announce that yes, to everyone's surprise, we will be making a 5th Halo in the already announced trilogy!" If something like this happens...

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 has been the biggest tease for the past few months. Really hope they don't do this coming up.

really want this to be a good game. No, it has to be perfect. After so much mediocrity, I don't think the Halo fanbase should compromise yet again. I don't want to boot up this game and come out after one match wondering what the hell I've been doing all these years. I bought an Xbox to play the greatest console MP game ever, not to stare at my TV fuming mad every day.  

There are many players who put way more hours and dedication into Halo than me, laboring for the community or travelling to tournaments to compete. Some of these megaposts on improving the game and detailing its intricacies leave me in awe at how passionate the fanbase is. Others would slave every day for months to provide playable content for the game where there was none. I often reminisce of the time when so many huge Halo communities were active and pouring out additional content every day (which :beyond: is doing a good job of now). To many of us, Halo wasn't just a game, but a lifestyle. 

We've put aside our time, personal enjoyment and sometimes our health (maybe that one is just me) to do our part and make the game better. I'm sure half of us have either gone insane already or are nearing it, and the other half, either out of a misplaced sense of loyalty or in blind faith, continue to believe in this time spent someday amounting to something. Will that faith be rewarded?  

I want to believe that it will, but even now we're still a long way from things being okay. There are still remnants of poor design philosophies and nonsensical decisions that make it difficult to muster up optimism in the midst of these reveals. As much as new information is appreciated, I think the community right now needs somebody to step up to the plate and declare "Alright guys, enough is enough. We're going to fix this shit". My biggest wish for 343 going into this new generation is for them to be transparent and meet us half way. The community may be vocal, but they're also understanding if something will take time or resources to add or fix. 343 needs to trust us as much as we've been asked to trust them. 

Halo will either be reborn or formally buried this E3. I hope I'll be able to jump on the bandwagon with my fellow fans and enjoy this series again, because it'd be a damn shame if all of the time we've spent here went to waste. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

really want this game to be good. No, it has to be perfect. After so much mediocrity, I don't think the Halo fanbase should settle for anything less. I don't want to boot up this game, play one match, and come out wondering what the hell I've been doing all these years. Everybody is tired of terrible Halo games. Staring at my TV fuming mad is not why I bought an Xbox. Those 12 minutes used to be among the best multiplayer experiences, but now just one can ruin an entire day. 

Well, perfection is never really achievable, but all i ask for is a fine, true to its roots, Halo Experience. A great, epic and action packed single player campaign and a competent, solid and fun arena-like Multiplayer able to stay relevant for more than three months.

If 343 can deliver that, my 60 Bucks are going to be well spent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

af8e7465f20821b87aa7b790a4df71c9.png

If this isn't Halo news, I will be so disappointed, but Ryan is one of the Xbox guys at IGN, so it would make sense for him to be talking about it. POSSIBLE NEWS HYPE TRAIN!

If it's a bunch of fluff and "more on that later" ...

I can't deal with it. Show some in game screens or something.

af8e7465f20821b87aa7b790a4df71c9.png

lemme go play a couple games of 2k in the mean time.....

plz let this be about halo...plz

Setting an alarm for 6:15 and checking Beyond, not IGN. You better have an article out :Halo:

• Upvote (+1) 1