CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

9 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

Guys let’s me realistic, Halo is never gonna go the CE route again.

I love how we seemingly assumed it would, when CE's nearly 20 and no game in the series ever emulated it, including its direct sequel lol. I mean, hey, as long as we're acknowledging it. 

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

The longer kill times in the later games require them to be maintain accuracy longer and predict more, and they lose composure over longer fights.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, is the point here, that they no joke lose composure when a fight is a half a second longer on average?

8 hours ago, Basu said:

I mean come on, H4 had a pathetic skill gap but was also the least popular game.

Given Halo 4, especially with its comp settings rotation operates like nearly every other Halo, what does that say about the series as a whole, lol.

i feel as though having a harder to use weapon is actually better for casual players. that way they can traverse around the map without being obliterated the second 4 other places reticules heat seak to them 

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 1/2/2020 at 12:13 AM, Shekkles said:

Here's some spice for 2020: IMO Halo CE is nowhere near as fun as people here say it is. Sure it might be objectively better for competitive and I don't touch that debate, but for a social night with tourist friends, pizzas and drinks it is basically worthless compared to Halo 2/3 (unless you're good at it in which case they wouldn't be tourist gamers).

Myself and all my gaming friends have no interest in Halo CE as a social game.

Counterspice: competitive Halo (and LANs) used to be popular.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Counterspice: competitive Halo (and LANs) used to be popular.

Bold statements only on this forum

3 hours ago, Arlong said:

Lol used to be popular when no one had internet lmao

Makes it more impressive that it became popular in spite of a lack of internet.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

Makes it more impressive that it became popular in spite of a lack of internet.

Not really? Everyone had those cube TVS because everyone played halo and smash melee during that time period. So people could go to friends and centers and play the games.

• Downvote (-1) 1

18 hours ago, Arlong said:

Everyone had those cube TVS because everyone played halo and smash melee during that time period.

Yeah not true. I had two friends with Halo and at that age and era we actually didn't spend much time indoors, we usually spent it outdoors.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Yeah not true. I had two friends with Halo and at that age and era we actually didn't spend much time indoors, we usually spent it outdoors.

Yeah I mean those were pretty great summers though. I'd skate or whatever all day then we'd LAN CE/H2 some when it got too dark to really see anything. The feeling just isn't quite the same when its online or at least it wasn't for me in H3. Now everyone's actually just old af and we're probably not about to setup a LAN more than a couple times a year at best

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Snipe Three said:

when it got too dark to really see anything

Those were the best days. Hardly ever see kids outdoors anymore. I get that screens can now provide infinite dopamine and parents are trained pretty well to be scared of everything by ads and current affairs TV but damn being an active kid was the best in the 90s/00s.

7 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Those were the best days. Hardly ever see kids outdoors anymore. I get that screens can now provide infinite dopamine and parents are trained pretty well to be scared of everything by ads and current affairs TV but damn being an active kid was the best in the 90s/00s.

Yeah my hope if I have kids is that they won't really be on the internet much until they're older and that I can let them out of the house and not have to worry about it

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Yeah my hope if I have kids is that they won't really be on the internet much until they're older and that I can let them out of the house and not have to worry about it

When we got our first console in 2005 we weren't allowed on except on weekends.

• Like (+1) 1

Just the other day I decided to buy H5 but could barely find any matches. What was H5 like? 😅

On 1/6/2020 at 8:55 PM, Shekkles said:

When we got our first console in 2005 we weren't allowed on except on weekends.

Never want kids but I think if I ever accidentally tripped or something and eventually had them, I'd only have like one computer in the house (with it being mine). No smart phones until teens and only consoles are the ones I grew up with. Ps1, 2 or og Xbox. 

Then when they're mature enough I explain to them that consoles are trash compared to PC and help them build their first one.

• Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Never want kids but I think if I ever accidentally tripped or something and eventually had them, I'd only have like one computer in the house (with it being mine). No smart phones until teens and only consoles are the ones I grew up with. Ps1, 2 or og Xbox. 

Then when they're mature enough I explain to them that consoles are trash compared to PC and help them build their first one.

Sounds super healthy

24 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Sounds super healthy

Don't you tell me how to raise my kids.

• Simms (+1) 1

On 1/6/2020 at 8:39 PM, Shekkles said:

but damn being an active kid was the best in the 90s/00s.

I'm 31, and I feel like I got so lucky in terms of when I grew up. My youth was a very traditional, outdoorsy type childhood. We played street hockey and baseball and stuff, rode our bikes around the neighborhood, went swimming at the quarry, etc. The internet was there, but it wasn't a part of my daily life for the most part. As I got older and into Jr. High and High School, that changed, but in a way that I was ready for. Things like AIM and Myspace were fun to use back then. Talking to friends and girls and stuff, with parents who were way behind the times and didn't really have a clue what we were up to was a blast. Social media existed, but it wasn't this ever present toxic clusterfuck that it is today. It was literally social, I just saw what my friends posted and talked with people in PM's, and that was pretty much it. I didn't have mega corporations blasting me with ads and tracking my data to be sold to the highest bidder 24/7. And the beauty of social media back then is that people weren't taking screenshots and saving every little thing. All that dumb emo shit I was posting in 2005, all that teen angst that I put on the internet just doesn't exist anymore. Nowadays you post anything on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and it's permanent. It just exists forever. But my old myspace account, and all the stuff on it is just gone. Disappeared like it never happened. And now as a sensible adult I can pick and choose what I want to put out to the world, and what I want to keep private. 

The more I think about it, the more I realize I'm so thankful that I got to have a childhood without the internet, and an adolescence without today's brand of social media. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hully said:

I'm 31, and I feel like I got so lucky in terms of when I grew up. My youth was a very traditional, outdoorsy type childhood. We played street hockey and baseball and stuff, rode our bikes around the neighborhood, went swimming at the quarry, etc. The internet was there, but it wasn't a part of my daily life for the most part. As I got older and into Jr. High and High School, that changed, but in a way that I was ready for. Things like AIM and Myspace were fun to use back then. Talking to friends and girls and stuff, with parents who were way behind the times and didn't really have a clue what we were up to was a blast. Social media existed, but it wasn't this ever present toxic clusterfuck that it is today. It was literally social, I just saw what my friends posted and talked with people in PM's, and that was pretty much it. I didn't have mega corporations blasting me with ads and tracking my data to be sold to the highest bidder 24/7. And the beauty of social media back then is that people weren't taking screenshots and saving every little thing. All that dumb emo shit I was posting in 2005, all that teen angst that I put on the internet just doesn't exist anymore. Nowadays you post anything on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and it's permanent. It just exists forever. But my old myspace account, and all the stuff on it is just gone. Disappeared like it never happened. And now as a sensible adult I can pick and choose what I want to put out to the world, and what I want to keep private. 

The more I think about it, the more I realize I'm so thankful that I got to have a childhood without the internet, and an adolescence without today's brand of social media. 

That's why I dislike the idea of kids having smart phones and an endless access to the internet. Fucks need to go outside and do stuff with other humans first.

Plus mobile gaming is ridiculously predatory and I've heard of kids running up a bill that easily crosses the $1000 mark.

13 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

That's why I dislike the idea of kids having smart phones and an endless access to the internet. Fucks need to go outside and do stuff with other humans first.

Plus mobile gaming is ridiculously predatory and I've heard of kids running up a bill that easily crosses the $1000 mark.

Dude kids these days can’t even go outside without some predator snatching em up, 

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Dude kids these days can’t even go outside without some predator snatching em up, 

Yeah true. Better just to teach kids to beat predators in halo if they come in contact with one. I can see it now:

"Hey kid get in my van, I got candy"

"Only if you 1v1 me in halo 18 bruv"

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Yeah true. Better just to teach kids to beat predators in halo if they come in contact with one. I can see it now:

"Hey kid get in my van, I got candy"

"Only if you 1v1 me in halo 18 bruv"

Lol the way to get kids these days is tell em you got free WiFi 

I will absolutely agree that social media is damaging for social development. There is no way it's not.

I also had a very outdoors childhood. Halo was what we did when it was too dark out and we'd run out of night games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I will absolutely agree that social media is damaging for social development. There is no way it's not.

I also had a very outdoors childhood. Halo was what we did when it was too dark out and we'd run out of night games.

Yup. When it was raining or manhunt was over it was "go in and play video games" time. Of course, later in life gaming took over but I was a teen by that point. And luckily social media didn't really grab me. Which I unironically consider to be among the worst inventions by humans.

8 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Yup. When it was raining or manhunt was over it was "go in and play video games" time. Of course, later in life gaming took over but I was a teen by that point. And luckily social media didn't really grab me. Which I unironically consider to be among the worst inventions by humans.

I'm with you there 100% 

I have asked this many years ago but I am wondering if anyone is interested in trying to make a shooter.

Either a first person shooter, or a "view above" shooter. I am a programmer so I can assist there, but more than that I'd like to model/animate/rig, which I am not very great at. I tried to get together a group before but the people just wanted to do it, but couldn't put in the time to do it.