Jump to content
CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

The thrust in Mythic is about half strength, with ~6 second cooldown. I would prefer if it weren’t there, but it’s honestly not that bad, and it can def help you make a clutch play. It’s so much less obnoxious than default H5.

Seriously, this shit is here for 2 weeks. Play the fuck out of it.

I might, I’m just saying it probably be for the best for infinite. We could have classic design, the new kids can stfu about it being h3 2.0, and overall it be nice. It’s not like thruster would ruin a classic halo game anyway. In my opinion thrust should only be useable left and right to ensure no running away or thrust melees. This way it’s only a strafe ability. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Take out all the bullshit they added and change maps to decent ones and you got a better Halo game - who would have thought?
Just shows what sort of trainwreck the series is at this stage...

And the people who think this has anything to do with Halo Sprintfinite, yikes.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Take out all the bullshit they added and change maps to decent ones and you got a better Halo game - who would have thought?

No-one on this forum.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Tried Mythic Arena out last night. Immediately got my placement in one sitting, which I haven't done since H5 launched, and kept playing afterwards. It's ~very~ fun. Not really sold on all of the maps, but the mechanics are solid.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, bebopbandit said:

Tried Mythic Arena out last night. Immediately got my placement in one sitting, which I haven't done since H5 launched, and kept playing afterwards. It's ~very~ fun. Not really sold on all of the maps, but the mechanics are solid.

This would have been really cool 4 years ago.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Nokt said:

This would have been really cool 4 years ago.

Or maybe even, I don't know, not right when PC Reach launches and no one is even thinking about H5.

 

Reminds me of when they first removed AR from Arena. They kept the default settings as Team Arena as the top playlist, put the updated settings as a playlist called just "HCS" as the very last playlist, and then put up a Waypoint article a while later talking about how Team Arena was way more popular than HCS. Yeah, no kidding.

  • Fire (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post

This playlist sounds pretty cool, but sadly I just can't deal with H5's shit aiming. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

This playlist sounds pretty cool, but sadly I just can't deal with H5's shit aiming. 

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

This playlist sounds pretty cool, but sadly I just can't deal with H5's shit aiming. 

I was on the fence about installing it and I forgot this existed. Now I have made my decision.

Share this post


Link to post

This makes me sad, because I think this playlists' popularity might influence stuff down the road. Maybe not future gameplay mechanics, who knows...but the settings?  The settings in this playlist are literally perfect. Shit that Bungie and 343 have been fucking up for the entire franchise is all perfect here. TS, CTF, KotH, Ball, Assault, perfect score limits/caps to win, no radar, perfect return times, flag at home to score, static hill rotations, static weapon times, static ball respawn location, fucking all of it. Like, they finally got everything right. I just want it to get noticed and do well, because for once they really deserve it.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

How are we talking about 5's aiming being shit when you start this playlist out with an H2BR with slower movement settings than default, lol. The easiest gun in recent memory. Which only runs into the problem of connection-based, inconsistent bursts, regardless of aim. Something tells me something else is at work here, lol.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

How are we talking about 5's aiming being shit when you start this playlist out with an H2BR with slower movement settings than default, lol. The easiest gun in recent memory. Which only runs into the problem of connection-based, inconsistent bursts, regardless of aim. Something tells me something else is at work here, lol.

I didn't realise it was the H2BR start. Whilst visually (classic sight + actual BR look) I prefer the H2BR, the actual function is pretty poor and I agree.

However, might be worth giving it a shot but 100GB download...

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

This makes me sad, because I think this playlists' popularity might influence stuff down the road. Maybe not future gameplay mechanics, who knows...but the settings?  The settings in this playlist are literally perfect. Shit that Bungie and 343 have been fucking up for the entire franchise is all perfect here. TS, CTF, KotH, Ball, Assault, perfect score limits/caps to win, no radar, perfect return times, flag at home to score, static hill rotations, static weapon times, static ball respawn location, fucking all of it. Like, they finally got everything right. I just want it to get noticed and do well, because for once they really deserve it.

I want to support the playlist in principle but the thought of putting myself though anything related to Halo 5 and the aiming prevents me from downloading. Plus part of me definitely does not want to even hint that anything related to H5 could be something I'd want by boosting their active users. I feel like we all send the message loud and clear by just not playing Halo 5 and spending time in H1-3 or the Reach hardcore playlist

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I've put a lot of games into the Mythic Arena playlist. It's legit. My main complaints are the amount of slayer you have to play, and the team compositions rank wise. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

So what's the general consensus on the new mythic area stuff? Is good? Step in the right direction?

I’m sure it has has good maps and good settings.  Just five years too late with no population to support it.  

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/12/2019 at 4:30 PM, Hard Way said:

This makes me sad, because I think this playlists' popularity might influence stuff down the road. Maybe not future gameplay mechanics, who knows...but the settings?  The settings in this playlist are literally perfect. Shit that Bungie and 343 have been fucking up for the entire franchise is all perfect here. TS, CTF, KotH, Ball, Assault, perfect score limits/caps to win, no radar, perfect return times, flag at home to score, static hill rotations, static weapon times, static ball respawn location, fucking all of it. Like, they finally got everything right. I just want it to get noticed and do well, because for once they really deserve it.

Glad to see some return on the little things Slap and I would discuss for embarrassing amounts of time.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

Mythic Arena is sick. Absolutely wild that the first No Sprint / No Radar playlist came 4 years after launch.

 

If it were Pistol starts it could be Top 3 Halo experiences for me. I especially love the nerfed melees.

  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/12/2019 at 12:59 PM, Shekkles said:

I was on the fence about installing it and I forgot this existed. Now I have made my decision.

Dogshit Australian internet and a 100+ GB install didn't make that decision for you already?

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Dogshit Australian internet and a 100+ GB install didn't make that decision for you already?

Gotta love 20 minute search times.

Share this post


Link to post

Mythic Arena is great but the H2 BR starts is dumb. I swear that shit has tracking bullets à la Forerunner tech. Would be better with pistol 4sk starts, since the pistols are harder to use; or at least regular BR starts. Anything but H2 BRs.

Also the thruster pack is completely useless. After halfway through my first game I forgot I even had it. I guess that's a good thing?

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/19/2019 at 5:33 PM, S0UL FLAME said:

20191219_164512.jpg?width=960&height=202

Enjoy it while it's here.

I don't understand, why replace anything? Why not just leave in every gametype? Is it to not spread the population too thin or something? If so that's stupid. I remember I really liked Halo 5's Grifball, but they removed it and I've never played it since.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.