CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

15 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I just QTB most of the time when that happens. I have no time for that shit.

Also, I'm about to play some H5 BTB tonight, and I'd love to get some Beyond peeps in my squad. HMU if you're down. I'm really diggin this BTB refresh.

The problem is one shouldn’t need to do that.

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

The problem is one shouldn’t need to do that.

Well yes of course. It's irritating as shit. But what are you gonna do? Sit there paralyzed for 10 minutes, or do something about it?

Regarding the refresh, I think 1 Flag was really well done, I like all the new maps I've played so far, and the reworks of existing maps were a huge improvement. I was disappointed that we couldn't get magnum starts or even Jet BR starts, but I didn't hate H5 BTB to begin with. I actually have always had quite a bit of fun with it. More than most people, easily.  The refresh took some things I didn't like and made them better, while adding a bunch of new stuff to a stale playlist.  But if you never liked H5 BTB to begin with, then this obviously isn't gonna be enough to draw you in.

Shoutout to 343 for creating another ranked playlist with zero party restrictions. Are they even trying at this point? I recommend anyone just throw their placement matches to avoid the cancerous 8-stacks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 2

13 hours ago, Basu said:

No unless you hate yourself.

its-the-relatable-its-the-raven-im-strug

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

On 6/5/2019 at 5:06 AM, Basu said:

The maps and gametypes are actually decent it's just the gameplay that's still ass. A significant improvement over previous versions of H5 BTB though.

What're you on about, lmao. The maps suck, too. This is a bigger downgrade than the second BTB refresh. The maps are filled with precision pickups that outclass your starting weapon and in turn make power positions more lopsided. Something done on the forger's accord too. This BTB is literally launch Halo 5. Where you're relying on pickups, and your main gun's inefficient and the gameplay being ass is a direct result of map design and weapon placement. Like the fact maps are designed around vehicles that have almost always outclassed players and been really ass to play against. Shout out to open areas.

Launch BTB was still the best we had. Don't get how this is an improvement at all. It's easily the worst. 

2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

What're you on about, lmao. The maps suck, too. This is a bigger downgrade than the second BTB refresh. The maps are filled with precision pickups that outclass your starting weapon and in turn make power positions more lopsided. Something done on the forger's accord too. This BTB is literally launch Halo 5. Where you're relying on pickups, and your main gun's inefficient and the gameplay being ass is a direct result of map design and weapon placement. Like the fact maps are designed around vehicles that have almost always outclassed players and been really ass to play against. Shout out to open areas.

Launch BTB was still the best we had. Don't get how this is an improvement at all. It's easily the worst. 

Well, when the base game is trash... lol

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, darkstar said:

Well, when the base game is trash... lol

Base game's great, still doesn't really dismiss the fact this BTB incarnation's the worst of them all. By far.

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

1) Someone like you with a vendetta against vehicles will never be happy with a BTB refresh let's be serious.

2) The precision weapons are a sandbox issue not a map issue. Not the forgers fault that 343 had to give us the worst starting weapon available to them (anyone else see a trend here), with magnum or recon DMR starts the maps would play just fine.

56 minutes ago, Basu said:

1) Someone like you with a vendetta against vehicles will never be happy with a BTB refresh let's be serious.

2) The precision weapons are a sandbox issue not a map issue. Not the forgers fault that 343 had to give us the worst starting weapon available to them (anyone else see a trend here), with magnum or recon DMR starts the maps would play just fine.

1.) I was happy with the original BTB and played it a lot. I don't like vehicles but I didn't avoid BTB like the plague. 

2.) It is the forger's fault, lmao. They specifically went out of their way to add in precision weapon pickups onto the map due to 343i's insistence on the normal BR starting weapon. The game would not be as bad if it was literally just the starting BR, and it's why the second refresh is infinitely better in spite of the fact this refresh provides good precision weapons. Because, again, it just turns it into launch Halo 5, even compared to the second incarnation of BTB. And it's literally done at the forger's whim. As per the forgers. 

Regarding weapon upgrades, she's not wrong. I was pretty upset when I read that they were keeping this trash BR but adding in all these other weapons on the map. I was just like...umm, we already know how this ends...

I haven't had much time to really dive into it yet. I don't think I've even played every map yet. But it's been nice to play something new. But since going ranked, once again, 343 didn't learn their lesson with party matching. My very first placement game, I played against an 8stack that were all already placed. A Plat 6, 6 Diamonds, and a Champ. There were several names I recognized on the other team, clearly partied up. So...that's fun...

2 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Regarding weapon upgrades, she's not wrong. I was pretty upset when I read that they were keeping this trash BR but adding in all these other weapons on the map. I was just like...umm, we already know how this ends...

I haven't had much time to really dive into it yet. I don't think I've even played every map yet. But it's been nice to play something new. But since going ranked, once again, 343 didn't learn their lesson with party matching. My very first placement game, I played against an 8stack that were all already placed. A Plat 6, 6 Diamonds, and a Champ. There were several names I recognized on the other team, clearly partied up. So...that's fun...

I don't disagree that this BR is garbage. Give me Tac mag or Recon DMR starts or even the default piss magnum would be better.

The stacks will really ruin this playlist. According to Menke the MM is exactly the same as social BTB and the ranks are cosmetic only. But the psychology of ranked will 100% make sweaty people afraid of rank loss and therefore more likely to team up.

I didn't know that about the cosmetic ranks. That's a good call, because the higher you rank up, the more likely you'll need a bigger and bigger team just to have a chance. At least now I know I don't really need to change anything.