CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Probably a deranker, just report the asshat.

The thing is, he had top kills and 2 caps. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

8 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

The thing is, he had top kills and 2 caps. 

Yeah so it's obviously a deranker or a guy that decided to troll with the mindset of "I'm carrying this useless team they don't deserve this win"

I played some of the BTB refresh last night and was very impressed. 7 all new maps, and several of the old ones have had a major facelift. I was particularly impressed with what they’ve done to the Standoff remake, now called Dead Heat. The Entombed reskin was excellent too. And if I’m not mistaken, they removed some of the trash like Altar (the Sandtrap remake), the Uplift remake, and the Longbow inspired one. Those 3 maps were always dirt, so hopefully they’re gone.

• Thonking (+0) 1

6 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I played some of the BTB refresh last night and was very impressed. 7 all new maps, and several of the old ones have had a major facelift. I was particularly impressed with what they’ve done to the Standoff remake, now called Dead Heat. The Entombed reskin was excellent too. And if I’m not mistaken, they removed some of the trash like Altar (the Sandtrap remake), the Uplift remake, and the Longbow inspired one. Those 3 maps were always dirt, so hopefully they’re gone.

Had no idea it's already out, gonna have to give it a try. How's the framerate? I can live with basic looking maps but the frame drops always kill it for me.

Edit: Some of the new maps are pretty cool. The valhalla rework is dope and it works way better than any other version of the map thus far. Idk  about with Dead Heat tho, that map is still complete dogshit it's just slightly more tolerable now. Putting Hydras on a completely open map is such a fucking 343 thing to do.

The 1 Flag map is also ass. Somehow Dispelled is still in there. Idk, this is a step in the right direction but won't bring me back to suffer through H5 BTB.

5 hours ago, Basu said:

Had no idea it's already out, gonna have to give it a try. How's the framerate? I can live with basic looking maps but the frame drops always kill it for me.

I didn't have any issues, but I may not be the best person to ask, since the framerate didn't really bug me beforehand.

Does anyone still feel like H5 has a sort of "chaotic"  map flow? It's always felt weird to me. But I can't pinpoint why. I get shot from an unexpected angle more so in H5 than any other game, and it's not like I'm clueless. I have map awareness. Not sure if it's the abilities, the map design, the spawns, or all of it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

Does anyone still feel like H5 has a sort of "chaotic"  map flow? It's always felt weird to me. But I can't pinpoint why. I get shot from an unexpected angle more so in H5 than any other game, and it's not like I'm clueless. I have map awareness. Not sure if it's the abilities, the map design, the spawns, or all of it. 

Absolutely. I think it's a combination of weird spawns, maps that don't work with said spawn system, sprint, terrible FOV and hitscan weaponry. Maybe the 8 second respawn in objective gametypes is also a factor.

2 hours ago, Basu said:

Absolutely. I think it's a combination of weird spawns, maps that don't work with said spawn system, sprint, terrible FOV and hitscan weaponry. Maybe the 8 second respawn in objective gametypes is also a factor.

I believe it’s just the constant movement. In previous halos there’s this certain position that’s pretty dominant(midship P3) but this doesn’t exist in h5, and instead it’s constant movement. 

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

I believe it’s just the constant movement. In previous halos there’s this certain position that’s pretty dominant(midship P3) but this doesn’t exist in h5, and instead it’s constant movement.  

In theory there should be less constant pressure on Bigship in H5 because the map is like 3x the size of Middy/Heretic. But you're right the sprint dash slide clamber bullshit has people constantly coming at you from all angles. It's a really frustrating game to play.

• Like (+1) 4

11 hours ago, Basu said:

In theory there should be less constant pressure on Bigship in H5 because the map is like 3x the size of Middy/Heretic. But you're right the sprint dash slide clamber bullshit has people constantly coming at you from all angles. It's a really frustrating game to play.

I know it’s frustrating AF!  There’s no core meta or anything. 

28 minutes ago, Arlong said:

What? There's clear meta to every map lol. I can get not liking the gameplay and mechanics but I swear you guys try and make it sound like it's just people zooming around with no real thoughts at all. Which I know you're gonna say "cuz that is what happens" but that's really not the case. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Basu said:

This is a great way to describe H5. Frustrating. I can only play the game in short bursts, even if I'm winning most matches. And since the aiming has never felt right to me either, that just makes it 10x worse. It's the only game where my right thumb will literally start getting sore for simply aiming. Really fucked because I enjoy the overall feel of the H5 pistol (always have), but the surrounding experience ruins it.

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

Not true, Beast is right. When pushed to its competitive limits H5 still functions like a Halo game should. So I would never call it "unbalanced" I guess. Just infuriating. 

• Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

This is a great way to describe H5. Frustrating. I can only play the game in short bursts, even if I'm winning most matches. And since the aiming has never felt right to me either, that just makes it 10x worse. It's the only game where my right thumb will literally start getting sore for simply aiming. Really fucked because I enjoy the overall feel of the H5 pistol (always have), but the surrounding experience ruins it.

Not true, Beast is right. When pushed to its competitive limits H5 still functions like a Halo game should. So I would never call it "unbalanced" I guess. Just infuriating. 

Maybe I did over exaggerate, but there’s no true need for positioning, no stopping someone from B lining to the other side. 

It’s not like the game falls apart at a high level. I was actually very entertained by top level H5. It’s just not enjoyable to play, at all.

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

It’s not like the game falls apart at a high level. I was actually very entertained by top level H5. It’s just not enjoyable to play, at all.

It’s honestly the aiming that kills it for me. I have a low tolerance level for gaming so if a core feature of a game feels off I just can’t keep myself from raging, getting frustrated. Now a shot not registering I can handle, but aiming not working like it should pisses me off to no end. You play any halo on mcc and aiming feels smooth, and responsive, but play h5 and it feels like I added weights to my thumb sticks. Reminds me of halo CE moments of jump not working and me dying because of stupid fall damage.

Ever notice when someone thrust its impossible to hit them because h5 doesn’t let you do proper circle aim adjustments 

Dear 343, before making BTB ranked you should maybe fix the goddamn bug that makes the lobby not fill up with 16 people and wastes everyone's time by being stuck in the loading game phase for 10 minutes. This company I swear.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

4 hours ago, Basu said:

Dear 343, before making BTB ranked you should maybe fix the goddamn bug that makes the lobby not fill up with 16 people and wastes everyone's time by being stuck in the loading game phase for 10 minutes. This company I swear.

I fucking hate that. Takes literally forever to find that last dude.

• Like (+1) 1

I just QTB most of the time when that happens. I have no time for that shit.

Also, I'm about to play some H5 BTB tonight, and I'd love to get some Beyond peeps in my squad. HMU if you're down. I'm really diggin this BTB refresh.

3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I just QTB most of the time when that happens. I have no time for that shit.

Also, I'm about to play some H5 BTB tonight, and I'd love to get some Beyond peeps in my squad. HMU if you're down. I'm really diggin this BTB refresh.

I forgot I uninstalled the game. Is it worth 90GB?

8 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I forgot I uninstalled the game. Is it worth 90GB?

No unless you hate yourself.

6 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Lowkey, how.

The maps and gametypes are actually decent it's just the gameplay that's still ass. A significant improvement over previous versions of H5 BTB though.