CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

BTB should have been AR/Magnum like the rest of the game right from the start. The fact that it wasn't and never got updated to be so is one of the things that bothered me the most, as someone who would like to enjoy BTB MM, throughout H5's lifespan.

It worked so nicely in customs, too. :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

Reminder that H5's overall UI and server connection is still very noticeably broken in multiple different ways and is likely to never be fixed because "lol Infinite I guess, tough cookies kiddo."

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reminder that H5's overall UI and server connection is still very noticeably broken in multiple different ways and is likely to never be fixed because "lol Infinite I guess, tough cookies kiddo."

Now that MCC is "fixed" H5 reigns supreme as the most broken Halo game in history.

that’s usually the reason I would see, oh and the Br had too much range so there was that. Besides range and vehicle damage there wasn’t really any other real reason to be magnum starts.

Or, you know, having interesting gunfights...

I wish they would stop calling playlists "hoppers"

• Upvote (+1) 6

I just hope whoever is involved with H5G's progression system is not in charge of Infinite's. You know what's stupid? SR-152 takes about 15,000,000 XP to get through. Halo: Reach's Inheritor took 3,500,000 Cr. I may as well have gone through Reach's final rank three times at this point, and STILL need to go through another 3,500,000 to complete this garbage. Who thought longer = better? Who thought making it so that SR-151 marked the halfway point of ranking up was legitimately a good thing over a slow increase in XP needs? Who thought making legendary boosts fucking legendary was a good thing? Why make a grind artificially longer through artificial boost rarity over allowing me to just buy the fucking things. OH, and when you make me able to JUST buy WZ boosts, why hyperinflate prices? And why make boost packs limited time for no reason, and then never bring them back? Fuck-ing why.

If I were to possess and use an AI kills boost for 10 Legendary WZFF games, it would get me 200,000 XP, at 20,000 XP or so a game. 50 games would get me at 1,000,000, or so. Again, assuming I had the boosts to use to get XP optimally, I'd still need 100+ more games WITH legendary boosts to get to 3,500,000 XP. It'll undoubtedly be longer just using jackpots that occasionally give 20,000 XP. 150+ games to go.

This system is stupid, and whoever thought it was a good idea should be spanked. I ranked up last November. It shouldn't take me a fucking year to get through one rank. Oh, and mind you, I've been relatively free, time wise. So I have been able to do some intense grinding for this XP.
NbL0yQY.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just hope whoever is involved with H5G's progression system is not in charge of Infinite's. You know what's stupid? SR-152 takes about 15,000,000 XP to get through. Halo: Reach's Inheritor took 3,500,000 Cr. I may as well have gone through Reach's final rank three times at this point, and STILL need to go through another 3,500,000 to complete this garbage. Who thought longer = better? Who thought making it so that SR-151 marked the halfway point of ranking up was legitimately a good thing over a slow increase in XP needs? Who thought making legendary boosts fucking legendary was a good thing? Why make a grind artificially longer through artificial boost rarity over allowing me to just buy the fucking things. OH, and when you make me able to JUST buy WZ boosts, why hyperinflate prices? And why make boost packs limited time for no reason, and then never bring them back? Fuck-ing why.

If I were to possess and use an AI kills boost for 10 Legendary WZFF games, it would get me 200,000 XP, at 20,000 XP or so a game. 50 games would get me at 1,000,000, or so. Again, assuming I had the boosts to use to get XP optimally, I'd still need 100+ more games WITH legendary boosts to get to 3,500,000 XP. It'll undoubtedly be longer just using jackpots that occasionally give 20,000 XP. 150+ games to go.

This system is stupid, and whoever thought it was a good idea should be spanked. I ranked up last November. It shouldn't take me a fucking year to get through one rank. Oh, and mind you, I've been relatively free, time wise. So I have been able to do some intense grinding for this XP.

Again, I say this to all my friends who reached 152, you guys have an astronomical amount of patience lol..  I think I made it to like 62 before I've had 100% satisfaction with this game. Literally the patience of saint because I'm pretty sure I would've destroyed my apartment by now.

I think the SR 152 guys are just doucebags with no taste.

Some people just like playing the game man lol.. More specifically just playing with their friends.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It almost feels like a deliberate joke to me. The fact the game is stale af and there's nothing to play for besides ranks that disappear in a month and random REQ pack bullshit. The insanely long-ass grind with the exponential curve. The ranks being nothing but bland numbers now instead of the awesome military ranks we used to have. And lastly the fact you get a FUCKING EMBLEM for reaching 152. Like they have to be trolling at this point right?

• Upvote (+1) 2

It almost feels like a deliberate joke to me. The fact the game is stale af and there's nothing to play for besides ranks that disappear in a month and random REQ pack bullshit. The insanely long-ass grind with the exponential curve. The ranks being nothing but bland numbers now instead of the awesome military ranks we used to have. And lastly the fact you get a FUCKING EMBLEM for reaching 152. Like they have to be trolling at this point right?

Kinda reminds me of that South Park Guitar Hero episode. They finally score enough points, and are met with a less-than-nice message from the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Again, I say this to all my friends who reached 152, you guys have an astronomical amount of patience lol..  I think I made it to like 62 before I've had 100% satisfaction with this game. Literally the patience of saint because I'm pretty sure I would've destroyed my apartment by now.

It's patience and auto-piloting. Since I don't care to play Arena, when I do get on, it's basically WZFF for the day. Luckily I'm one who find AI killing to be entertaining. Probably helps. I do it alone most of the time too, lmao. So, basically, it's me in my room, isolated, just grinding XP nearly daily. Which doesn't help my sanity but huehuehue.

Can grills be douche bags?

I prefer calling them smegma pouches tbh...

NbL0yQY.png

A 5 star general took 2500 winning games from 4 star general in halo 3 so it's nothing exactly new. 10k points per game is still only 1500 games.

it's fine to give people something to grind for. or does it matter to you that they didn't make every rank exactly linear but still require the same amount of total points? 

A 5 star general took 2500 winning games from 4 star general in halo 3 so it's nothing exactly new. 10k points per game is still only 1500 games.

it's fine to give people something to grind for. or does it matter to you that they didn't make every rank exactly linear but still require the same amount of total points? 

Thats not how it was for the individual playlist ranks though and those tended to be what people grinded for (2000 for any individual playlist to get top rank). Playlist ranks had jumps from tier to tier, but within each tier they were linear, which i think is a genius design.  Global or playlist though, they didn't seem nearly as random. Top rank = 5 star general, ok that makes sense.  Top rank = ....152... wtf? Plus no playlist progression in H5. When you have individual playlist progression the global progression seems like less of a heartless grind since you can set multiple, smaller goals from playlist to playlist and get your global rank up by proxy.   Even the way the XP was given out made more sense.  1 point for a win, or 2 on a double XP weekend, 0 for a loss, -1 for a quit.  I don't like these  point systems that give you some semi-random larger number that SR started in Reach.  Knowing exactly how many wins you have to achieve a certain goal and having accomplishments sprinkled in at fairly regular intervals was a great design.  I still think that the H3 progression system is the best one in any FPS.

• Upvote (+1) 3

As probably the only 152 douche here, the amount you have to grind to get it is terrible and the reward is shit. I'd take a weapon skin or an average looking helmet over an emblem.

Listen I love CE, but you're asking way too much if you think the common Halo MP player is going to go out of their way to learn CE's spawn system. It's super impractical for the type of player who just wants to walk around and shoot shit.

CE will remain in the minority, it really isn't appealing unless you intend on taking it seriously. I think it's also fair to say that stuff like the lack of a proper anniversary MP and the sheer amount of awareness that you need to play effectively also contributes to its lack of popularity.

While learning the game's meta may not necessarily be "hard", it's just too much stuff to take note of besides the usual controlling weapons and positions (and sometimes spawns) routine the normal player is used to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

it’s easy to know how to do it, it’s not easy to do it with anyone of decent skill.

congrats you want a cookie, guesss what you’re the minority

Did you just quote... the same quote twice with 2 different posts?  Like an inverse multi-quote fail?   There is an edit button, just sayin'.....

I started with Halo 2.  Didn't actually go back to CE in any significant capacity until recently.  CE is better.  All the shit you bitch about are just QoL/technology improvements.  They aren't substantial and they're incredibly shallow reasons.  You discredit everything good about CE for the weirdest reasons.  What happens to CE if you give it Halo 2's movement and let you toggle "Team Spawning"  off for larger team sizes?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I knew this shit 4 years ago. That's why I've made so many Youtube videos and written guides and shit (shoutout to snickerdoodle for pinning one on the MCC forum on Waypoint). That's why the NHE guys made training mode. That's why I try to correct people in Discords and forums that are sharing misinformation about the game.  I want people to know going in, the the things that took me years of trial and error and networking to learn. I want to make the "dues paying" process as easy as possible, because I know people won't invest much time into improving if it seems too difficult. I just want people to know how to play, so that they will actually play.

• Upvote (+1) 5