CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

yo is there a post somewhere that goes really into depth about halo 5 mechanics? 

im talking like sensitivity optimization, spawn mechanics, weapon nading, pro jumps, non power weapon spawn times, glitches/hitbox explanations.

I have the MCAT coming up, but if there's nothing like this out there, I was thinking about figuring this stuff out and making a pdf or something. really not trying to watch a million youtube videos starting with " whats up guys this is doodooface42 coming at you with a new halo 5 video...."

Yo what the fuck man we had a good thing going on with this thread. Way to ruin it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Kingly literally went to page 4 to find this topic like who does that?

Also the answer is no

• Upvote (+1) 3

TBH whenever I play H5, I only play WZFF. Can't stand the PvP.

It's fun for a while and probably much better than the entire PvP combined, but man does it get boring quickly. The WZ aspect  ruins the mode completely because it limits the amount of viable options to vehicles, most notably the Ghost, Wasp, Tanks and Banshee. Power weapons are a complete waste of REQ energy, as their limited ammo is useless against the bullet sponge bosses. Whereas, with vehicles you just spam them to death.

Oh and the broken AI with their stupid aimbot tracking weapons are insanely frustrating to fight against, especially since they 1) don't move 2) have insane amounts of health and 3) all require the same gameplay approach. The depth of WZFF peaks at "surround the hunters so you can shoot them in the back", every other boss is just a stupid spam fest.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I never realized how good Reach’s Firefight was until it was gone. Even if they were reused from campaign, you had a ton of playspaces dedicated to the mode. Then you have multiple gametypes, vast customization, various abilities. It was like its own standalone game. Even the way Bungle incorporated Firefight into campaign as the Lone Wolf mission, masterful imo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

why do you guys want the game to die? its not even a bad game.

I don’t know how people can watch Halo 5. I watched a stream for a few minutes the other day and it seems like the Sniper gets headshots if they go anywhere remotely close to an enemy.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don’t know how people can watch Halo 5. I watched a stream for a few minutes the other day and it seems like the Sniper gets headshots if they go anywhere remotely close to an enemy.

Thats because it does. if you watch closely, the recoil and contrail don't give you immediate feedback either, so it makes the perception even worse than the reality and the reality is bad enough.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's compare the game to Halo 4. As casual as that game is, at least the Halo 4 when it comes to story, maps, game types, armor customization, etc. are more thought out and more effort has been put into Halo 4.

Halo 5 on the other hand, has a misleading campaign, missing game types, maps that are remixes of one another in the same game, armor customization is neutered, etc.

The only thing that Halo 5 has going at this point is Forge and Custom Games browser, which neither of those 2 came out on launch. And not to mention Halo 5 doesn't support split screen.

Yeah, I'll take the 2012 CoD clone over a half-ass product any day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Menke is truly delusional:

Neither 81 nor 33 is ideal but 33 is closer to 50 than 81 is, by half, so it's better than last season.

I think they are trying to account for outliers way too much.  The matchmaking for the top and bottom 2% doesn't need to try to give them 50/50 games frankly. Especially when searching solo.  I don't understand why its only handing out CSR in +-1 and +- 15 point increments anyway. If you're so confident that the MMR is accurate, why handcuff CSR with such binary choices?

What else should I want for it? It's full of nothing but directionless, compromised content outside of Forge, much like Halo 4. With the added bonus of being full of lootbox items and always-online DRM locking 98% of the game away this time, (Halo 5 is going to be a 100gb paperweight when servers shut down and will have nothing to show for it) and if I keep playing the game and telling 343 that's okay I can expect to see all of it again in Infinite.

Halo 5 is perhaps the most disappointing game in the series. It has almost, no... everything it needs to succeed Halo 3's multiplayer, and 343 refused to make the obvious decisions needed so they could push more REQ pack content instead, and they did this for 2 whole years. At least MCC's vast array of half-baked patches were all aimed at fixing the game. Halo 5 is still extremely stunted, shallow, and frustrating to control, with an obvious lack of variety in modes.

Warzone was a golden concept looking back on it. It took nearly all the assets, development time, and manpower needed to create BTB and some of Arena and it would literally ALL BE OKAY if they did anything else with the mode itself except Firefight (which is okay) and a tacked on meatgrinder Assault variant that is broken from square one. They never tried Warzone CTF, no Warzone FFA with weapons and vehicles on map to completely crush Battle Royale competition that would arise in the coming years with just an enormous, Arena-esque experience, no Warzone Infection, nothing. The only redeeming aspects of the game 3 years later are still Forge and the Customs Browser (the latter of which isn't particularly good) and Warzone is no part of that solely because of DRM.

It's got hands-down the most playlists in the series and the game feels completely empty. Every little thing has its own playlist where you play the same thing 24/7 with zero extra gametypes thrown in, and surprise, they all get extemely stale, and thus are far less populated individually. Halo 5 has fallen years behind in nearly every category and demands 100gb and always-online DRM, and it does this while walking away with my money and laughing maniacally as I sit in the corner and cry about what could have been. Yes it can die now.

• Upvote (+1) 8

The BTB playlist could possibly get a BR variant (stabilizer jets) or the magnum as the starting weapon.

Hey l3ackdraft - thank you for speaking up and sharing your opinion!

Weapon tuning changes like the A, B, C, & D options you mentioned above would require a content update, which requires a lot of different key teams from the studio to build out, test, and implement. Since all of these teams have shifted focus towards Halo Infinite, there are no currently plans to release any additional content updates for Halo 5. While I never say never, unfortunately this means that any additional weapon tuning is not currently in our plans.

However, your plea has not fallen on deaf ears. After a quick chat with H5's Sustain Team to see if there were any other options we could consider, we wanted to ask you and the community to consider some other options:

1. Replace the Battle Rifle with Battle Rifle (Stabilization Jets) to reduce recoil
  2. Replace the Battle Rifle with the Pistol, which has also been a fairly common request

While I can't promise anything, I can reassure you that we are listening and looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Thank you again for reaching out, and please let us know what you think!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/battle-rifle-tuning-for-btb-and-warzone/794a91bd-e47b-46fb-b5df-43e8ac9bfd41/posts?page=3#post54

• Upvote (+1) 1

Both of those options are an improvement. I'm not even sure I have a preference between the two tbh. Infantry fights would obviously be better with a magnum, but as strong as the banshee and wasp are, we need all the RRR we can get.

Shouldn't have ever been a "possibly". The moment they broke the BR in October, 2017, they should've thought "this will fuck up BTB irreparably". But, alas, here we are, a year later. We went through Gunfighter/BR starts for no fucking reason following this patch, and tested it for weeks, if not a month or so, and despite removing them AGAIN from Arena, they kept them in BTB. 

I know you're not supporting/arguing it, but it frustrates me to see this sort of density. Or lack of acknowledgement until WELL AFTER the game's even more irrelevant than it was back then at the end of 2017. The team's all focusing on Infinite? Huh. Seems like this should've maybe been fixed sooner, then. Like, yunno, late 2015. When BTB was introduced and we first started bitching about Magnum starts. Or late 2017, when you had your team still working on the game. Or anytime in 2016, to 2017. Yunno. Anytime, 343. Christ.

• Upvote (+1) 1