CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I loved Reach's daily and weekly challenges. I'd love to see those make a comeback. Jackpot weekends were also great. I remember when the MLG playlist went from 100 people playing to well over 1000 all because they put a credit boost on the playlist.

@@Sitri

Remember that weekend? Holy shit it was great.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Sitri

Remember that weekend? Holy shit it was great.

It was glorious. You could get sub-200 ping games for exactly one weekend.

Then it went right back to Colombian host 24/7 as it remains to this day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't wait to hear 343's annual "we listened" speech this year at E3.

They listen to the people saying they should follow the next fad.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I can't wait for that new halo wars 2 DLC at E3! Oh boy, 343 have sure listened to us. 

/s

But if Bonnie Ross just stands there and says  "No sprint, no armour abilities", that'd be good enough. 

I also cannot wait when Bonnie Ross confirms split screen is in halo 6 for the 6th fucking time. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

There are a lot of things they could do to make playing Halo exciting outside of actual gameplay mechanics. They should be asking something like "What do the players have to work towards today? This week? The next few months?" then ask "What is different about the user experience this month compared to last month? What did we release or change to give players new goals or activities they wouldn't normally participate in? What new content are we releasing in the next two to three months? What did we do to add more incentive to buying the game to the player who hasn't purchased it yet?" If they answer nothing, nothing is different or no new content to any of that they're not trying hard enough to interact with the community because those are the things their competition thinks about and makes decisions around. They have to keep up because developers who do get ahead of the curve and reach the point of providing large updates, new content drops, and weekly engagement incentives will then start to develop release schedules that intentionally conflict with their competition so that they can defend their player base somewhat from big releases within their genre and more or less just hurt studios like 343 with their slow reactions to everything.

Like with WoW for example most people never seem to realize that they often time major patches and expansion releases around the same dates that other high profile MMO games are released. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

There are a lot of things they could do to make playing Halo exciting outside of actual gameplay mechanics. They should be asking something like "What do the players have to work towards today? This week? The next few months?" then ask "What is different about the user experience this month compared to last month? What did we release or change to give players new goals or activities they wouldn't normally participate in? What new content are we releasing in the next two to three months? What did we do to add more incentive to buying the game to the player who hasn't purchased it yet?" If they answer nothing, nothing is different or no new content to any of that they're not trying hard enough to interact with the community because those are the things their competition thinks about and makes decisions around. They have to keep up because developers who do get ahead of the curve and start to regularly provide large updates and new content drops as well as weekly engagement incentives reach that point those developers will then start to develop release schedules that intentionally conflict with their competition so that they can defend their player base somewhat from big releases within their genre.

Like with WoW for example most people never seem to realize that they often time major patches and expansion releases around the same dates that other high profile MMO games are released.

Didn't Legion release around the time that the Guild Wars 2 expansion did?

Didn't Legion release around the time that the Guild Wars 2 expansion did?

Yeah they started a content season in July and Legion released in August. Mists released about the same time frame away from the original GW2 launch etc. 

Yeah they started a content season in July and Legion released in August. Mists released about the same time frame away from the original GW2 launch etc.

I almost made the jump to GW2 around the time because the combat is so much better than WoW.

I just want Playlist XP. Is that asking too much?

For the love of fuck yes.  and KEEP IT SIMPLE.  -1 for a quit, 0 for a loss, 1 for a win, 2 on double xp weekends. Just fucking copy and paste the Halo 3 or Reach medals. done.  None of this sterile SR rank bullshit. Not 1000 points for a win.  Keep the math easy.  

• Upvote (+1) 6

There are a lot of things they could do to make playing Halo exciting outside of actual gameplay mechanics. They should be asking something like "What do the players have to work towards today? This week? The next few months?" then ask "What is different about the user experience this month compared to last month? What did we release or change to give players new goals or activities they wouldn't normally participate in? What new content are we releasing in the next two to three months? What did we do to add more incentive to buying the game to the player who hasn't purchased it yet?"

Halo 1-3 have very large room for improvement. Problem is we can't get the bare minimum of what was working in those games out of 343, and it has largely been a waste of energy to list areas Bungie's games could improve as a means to improve current Halo.

And that's a damn shame. 343's Halo could be a complete departure from the FPS genre itself, sprint and all, and could still work if they had the slightest idea what makes Halo 1-3 resonate with fans. The next game could be an Action RPG for all I care and they don't have the vision to make it work.

• Upvote (+1) 4

For the love of fuck yes.  and KEEP IT SIMPLE.  -1 for a quit, 0 for a loss, 1 for a win, 2 on double xp weekends. Just fucking copy and paste the Halo 3 or Reach medals. done.  None of this sterile SR rank bullshit. Not 1000 points for a win.  Keep the math easy.  

ikr

why does every AAA game have to have so big numbers for ranking up? Keeping the numbers low makes things flow and keeps it straightforward. 

People like big numbers. I dunno why, more satisfying for people.

• Downvote (-1) 1

i'd want it to be -2 for a quit (xp wise, not loss wise) to deter quitters. i didnt like how quits didnt count as game played on your service record. you should get a +1 game and a -1 xp for a quit for a total of -2 disparity 

• Upvote (+1) 4

People like big numbers. I dunno why, more satisfying for people.

That's what the playlist rank symbols would be for. I think ranks like medals are even better. Simple accounting for playlist XP so people get the "oh man only 3 wins until colonel" hook

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's what the playlist rank symbols would be for. I think ranks like medals are even better. Simple accounting for playlist XP so people get the "oh man only 3 wins until colonel" hook

Nah man, I prefer the "only 59% armory completion left and then I'm guaranteed to have that Seeker helmet variant".

Nah man, I prefer the "only 59% armory completion left and then I'm guaranteed to have that Seeker helmet variant".

Just 48 more bronze packs full of crap before I can start opening silver packs, and then 60 of those and then I can open gold packs. and after 55 of those then I might get the good armour variants!

oh boy i love the req system. so much pride and accomplishment unlocking armour via complete bullshit luck!

• Upvote (+1) 3

People say Warzone isn't pay to win, but the H2BR being a legendary is literally "grind WZA for half a year or buy a 100 Gold Packs to get it now". And this is literally the best weapon in the game aside from (single use) power weapons. Disgusting.

People say Warzone isn't pay to win, but the H2BR being a legendary is literally "grind WZA for half a year or buy a 100 Gold Packs to get it now". And this is literally the best weapon in the game aside from (single use) power weapons. Disgusting.

Really, once you get a BR, you don’t need any other weapons.

The P2W aspect comes from being able to spam ghosts and bashees you have a massive collection.

The P2W aspect comes from being able to spam ghosts and bashees you have a massive collection.

Yeah but these are single use, while the H2 BR gives a massive advantage for every game you're in. Same goes for certain armor mods. All the opponents can do is try and kill you with their pea shooter magnums and pick up your H2 BR. Also keep in mind that the DMR, Carbine and vanilla BR were nerfed quite heavily while the H2 BR remained unchanged.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't wait to hear 343's annual "we listened" speech this year at E3.

omg I hate those. Tbh I believe they might be listening this time, only because all over waypoint, YouTube, Twitter is HATE for spartan abilities and sprint. Now these ability lovers say tons love em, they’re the silent majority, they’re having too much “fun” playing h5 than bitching online. And you know what even if they were right he just said the key word, “silent”. Us sprint haters are talking and you guys aren’t which makes m happy. But even then I can tell “were” the majority. Though y doubts in 343 actually listening up to this point is 95%, the other 5 believes. like I mean it took them 3 years to remove spartan charge and ground pound from hcs.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

tbh the reach social ranking was PERFECT. Like it was so fun to have that freaking warrant officer grade 3 next to your name. Than SR 57. Like the medals made the ranks so cool. And we still can have the ranking of 1-50 or division ranking but please for the love of god get someone from the overwatch or league team to help out with that because 343 you suck.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

. Basu is right, the h2 br is over powered co pared to everything else now, because 343 nerfed every damn weapon. I swear the weapon nerfs were horrible they just needed to decrease the aim assist on the br and even the dmr. They didn’t have to completely revamp them to an undesirable state.