CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I don’t like that spawn system of spawn near your teammate continuously(there’s a reason they got rid of it because of the constant spawn killing. I learned how it worked the first moments I played doubles on the game

The whole concept of that system in 2v2's is that the alive teammate can dictate a safe or random spawn for his dead partner. The goal here is to position yourself to give him the best spawn possible. When you aren't playing with this aspect in mind than your teammate gets spawn killed constantly. If you are understanding the system yet are constantly spawn killed than you only know of ifs existence and not how to apply it. I'm always willing to debate halo mechanics and why I feel they're good or bad but you seem like you already are biased to begin with. You even claim that no spread edition is going to nullify all the weapons in the game when we've been playing that mode for months now and it's still not true.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Honestly? I'm not sure at this point. I tried it when it first went backwards compatible but it was still pretty bad frame rate/lag/shader wise so I wouldn't really want to count that but aside from that the last time I seriously played it was for testing/creating the v7 gametypes probably. I honestly just thought Reach was bad from the start and while v7 was a vast improvement over default Reach I wouldn't have really called it a good game. Developers just left us with almost nothing and it was filled with compromises like an increased base movement speed that felt a little ice skatey because the alternative was leaving sprint in (trash) or walking around enormous maps slowly (also trash). There's a reason we played on tons of forge maps over the games lifetime and its because bungie basically provided a couple of mediocre maps and A LOT of really bad ones. Reach is probably what enabled games like Halo 4/5 to even feel remotely like a Halo game because they just tanked the franchise with it. The v7 settings were basically an attempt at removing as much of Reach specific changes/additions as possible while still having some appeal to players that started with that game if that hints at anything lol

Something semi related to all of that is how much better it felt back then as far as testing gametypes. The guy that originally reached out to me in particular actually passed away, which is really sad, but the idea that they would go out and find people on the forums and have real discussions and play tests felt really good because you could actually get things fixed/changed and have a real talk about it rather than where we ended up lately where it feels like nobody is really listening a lot of the time

i don’t really get where this ice skatey strafing comes from but you are right the maps sucked besides countdown and zealot(loved countdown and still do) it’s one of the examples how sprint or abilities aren’t needed to move across a map faster with the lifts.

i don’t really get where this ice skatey strafing comes from but you are right the maps sucked besides countdown and zealot(loved countdown and still do) it’s one of the examples how sprint or abilities aren’t needed to move across a map faster with the lifts.

Its because the movement speed was tied to the strafe acceleration/momentum in Reach. There is a real delay on your input that becomes more noticeable the higher you set the base movement speed in that game. Its why they're separate options now

play Halo 1 on LAN if you get the chance, will change your gaming experience forever

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don’t like that spawn system of spawn near your teammate continuously(there’s a reason they got rid of it because of the constant spawn killing. I learned how it worked the first moments I played doubles on the game

Pack it up boys. He knows every spawn point, random, and how and when it's best to us each one.

Pack it up boys. He knows every spawn point, random, and how and when it's best to us each one.

Judging by his knowledge in every other Halo without any incorrect statements whatsoever I'm not really surprised.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The spawn system in 2v2 is a large part of what makes it such a great game. CE is just as much of a mental game as it is a shooting game. The mind games you can play with manipulating the spawn system, baiting power ups, and other things is endless. The spawn system isn’t a flaw in 2v2. The spawn system is what makes the game what it is.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If you knew how it worked the first moments you played doubles and you were getting constantly spawn killed then you would know that it was your partner fucking you not the spawn system.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Gee, it’s almost like you shouldn’t let the other team watch you spawn your partner on Prisoner without shooting at them...

Better to risk a one-time 2 down and get a random spawn than to guarantee a never ending series of 1 downs while you cower and wait for shields. But you already knew that because you mastered the spawn system in your first game.

Haha, I think it was you who posted about going to Beach LAN and getting yelled at for not pushing out on Prisoner when down one? It was somebody on these forums, I remember reading it and thinking "I bet I wouldn't need to do that". The moment this happened I realized how wrong I was.

They were so good at baiting though, first of all we struggled to ever survive up top, we were almost always below in which case 2gre and Nakamura would just back up, wait for the spawn, and then slaughter us both. It was honestly comical. Definitely felt bad for Matclan who was my partner.

I always knew the spawn system was tough, but it's one of those things where you don't realize how many poor decisions you're making until you go against somebody who is actually good.

EDIT: One more thing that I thought was funny about the Prisoner game. I don't see sniper get picked up too often on Prisoner when I see top players play, but both Nakamura and Ogre 2 were running around with snipers against us.

• Upvote (+1) 4

In retrospect I’m actually certain the prospect of purposely pushing out to die and get a better spawn instead of hiding behind a wall to let your shields recharge most certainly won’t appeal to the modern casual halo player.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Spud really let me have it. I also learned to quit wasting my camo trying to give specific spawns and just make a damn play with it.

Back in January Wraith got in my ass to never go PR with camo on Chill Out bc it’s too easy to get seen/killed.

Those are the two biggest ass chewings ive gotten from better teammates. I’ll never forget them though.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Late

Ce has nading power weapons/ups.

Ce has a .6ttk with a long avg ttk. Reach has a long ttk and very similar avg ttk.

Ce has a sniper that takes a ton of skill. Reach is honestly easier than h2 if u avg out no scope and scope.

"They removed spawn killing in later halos." Lol wtf. Hyena has a clip where he spawn killed back whacked the same guy 6 times in a row on h2. Pit/onslaught/amplified/construct/narrows/warlock/sanc has tons of spawn killing and we PURPOSELY designed ons/amp that way(btw spawn killing on those is highest in the series). Reach had warlock/sanc/zealot and other forge maps.

You get to choose the spawn location in ce 100% of the time or pick a random one. In others you are forced to spawn where the game thinks you are safest. Yes please spawn me s1 on the pit when we all know sniper is just staring it down.

Rockets are more fun in ce. They are so slow in reach that you cant kill people far away so ur forced to camp/play passive

Ce has 108 fov vs 78 from reach. Yes please.

Reach has those stupid hitmarker sounds when u hit someone with a nade.

Reach literally doesnt have a functioning camo.

No stun gun in reach tho gl is cool.

Strafe in v7 is okay. You simply go side to side faster in ce.

Reach v7 is cool but it plays nothing like ce.

Also ce has just as much aim assist as any other game. Its just the game is projectile and the hitboxes are tight. Theres no bullet magnetism on the snipe

• Upvote (+1) 2

Skipping through these posts as someone thinks it’s a good idea to take out grenades and melee of halo ? Wow....

I remember some bungie employee saying the 3 golden things that make halo, halo is weapons, Nades and melee and he was right. Then they give us armour lock

• Upvote (+1) 2

Skipping through these posts as someone thinks it’s a good idea to take out grenades and melee of halo ? Wow....

I remember some bungie employee saying the 3 golden things that make halo, halo is weapons, Nades and melee and he was right. Then they give us armour lock

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it just me, or does anyone else think it'd be pretty dope to have the CE Plasma rifle function like the Gloo Gun in Prey. 

Armorlock was created by Satan.

oh yeah.. the shadow man dude that we all got excited about

Shadow run *

LOL shadow man, what am I on about.

I was thinking about my dream E3 announcement last night...

- Halo 6 announced for both Xbox One and PC with optional cross-play. Release date is early 2019 with arena beta in December 2018.

- Multiplayer is divided into two main experiences: Arena and Battleground.

- Multiplayer is free-to-play with skins that can be individually purchased or earned through a variety of game progressions (like number of slayer kills).

- Arena features "classic+" gameplay (spring jumps, auto-stabilize, clamber, and a new version of thrust that allows you to slightly vary the thrust amount all stay in the game; no sprint, ground pound, spartan charge, or slide).

- Battle rifle returns as the utility weapon and has lower perfect time to kill than the H5 pistol with a slightly higher average time to kill.

- Arena is split into two buckets of playlists: Ranked and Social. The ranked playlists only vary the number of players (ffa, doubles, 4v4) and feature the same settings except for maybe weapon / power up placements. All other playlists are social.

- Battleground is large-scale social mayhem. 30v30 or 60 player last man standing.

- The rest of the game (campaign, co-op, firefight, forge, etc) is $30.

- This is more of a stretch, but a tournament experience is built into the game. Watch tournaments live with the ability to control observer mode yourself or watch a controlled broadcast. Promote official tournaments directly from the game with the ability to jump right into the broadcast. "Gamble" in game points on official tournaments that can be used to buy skins.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What really is going to happen:

> Conference held inside a giant car
> Here at Microsoft Studios we acknowledge that the past few years have not been our best...
> However in the background we've been working on something that will make it worth the wait...
> Without you, we wouldn't be able to achieve what we've done so far...
> You are the engine that powers this company...
> The audience starts making motor noises...
> We're proud to have one of the best teams in the world with us...
> Ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to announce.....
> Bugatti car appears out of the blue...
> Forza [whatever version it is now]
> Audience starts dying from the excitement
> Camera focuses on the "I witnessed the best line up in gaming history" shirts xbox drones are wearing
> Phill Spencer saves xbox YET AGAIN

• Upvote (+1) 5

- This is more of a stretch, but a tournament experience is built into the game. Watch tournaments live with the ability to control observer mode yourself or watch a controlled broadcast. Promote official tournaments directly from the game with the ability to jump right into the broadcast. "Gamble" in game points on official tournaments that can be used to buy skins.

Overwatch does this. There is an official overwatch league tab in the main menu. Whenever there is a match going on there is a link that appears in the menu letting you know that it’s live and if you click the link you are taken to a stream of the match. I thought that was really cool the first time I saw it and it would be awesome if Halo had something similar.