CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Oh, entirely. I think Forge is definitely the way to go. 

And "worst CTF map" is kinda a poor moniker when there's three. Coli, Truth and Fathom. Fathom may be the arguable worst, but it's still not bad because it's in third place. And replaying alone doesn't make a map bad. Slowing the pace of a game down and forcing teams into stalemates is the lesser of multiple evils in CTF. Like again, Empire CTF's rapid fire runs through middle.

I just think it's easier to find X number of forge maps that play better. My biggest gripe with saying fathom is "fine" is that all it's meant for is CTF. Coli and Truth, both not designed only for CTF play it better when it should be the other way around.

Truth could easily be argued as worse due to how easy it is to snowball on that map. And come on man we have been through this a million times replays happen because the OT rules are ass. Older halos ended tied after 15 minutes manyyyyyyyyyy times they just acyually had normal rules.

Fathom still has some of the slowest CTF gameplay in terms of stalemates. The constant OE'ing and needing 3ish rounds of slaying to run the flag effectively are some of the reasons fathom isn't good enough.

Truth has it's own issues and I personally only think it's better than fathom because even if it's fast at least I don't watch it over and over. 5 flag truth > fathom CTF.  Coli is the best CTF map.

I just think it's easier to find X number of forge maps that play better. My biggest gripe with saying fathom is "fine" is that all it's meant for is CTF. Coli and Truth, both not designed only for CTF play it better when it should be the other way around.

Fathom still has some of the slowest CTF gameplay in terms of stalemates. The constant OE'ing and needing 3ish rounds of slaying to run the flag effectively are some of the reasons fathom isn't good enough.

Truth has it's own issues and I personally only think it's better than fathom because even if it's fast at least I don't watch it over and over. 5 flag truth > fathom CTF. Coli is the best CTF map.

Fathoms pace in terms of caps is very similar to older games though lol. Like they are trying to replace it with a map that has caps at a notoriously slow pace. And it really doesnt stalemate nearly as much as people think compared to the other maps. Stalemates happen on every map in general due to the maps themselves and the mechanics of the game. In terms of actual gameplay fathom was the fastest map. So the caps are lower okay but the actual engagements were constant. Its not bad by any means and to say its one of the worst ctf maps ever is crazy.

Fathoms pace in terms of caps is very similar to older games though lol. Like they are trying to replace it with a map that has caps at a notoriously slow pace. And it really doesnt stalemate nearly as much as people think compared to the other maps. Stalemates happen on every map in general due to the maps themselves and the mechanics of the game. In terms of actual gameplay fathom was the fastest map. So the caps are lower okay but the actual engagements were constant. Its not bad by any means and to say its one of the worst ctf maps ever is crazy.

To be fair I am bias in that I think the movement in H5 makes the whole game bad as a Halo game. I admit it's not the worst CTF map I've played, but it is middle of the pack. It's also due to how often a team will get 4 dead, start running a flag, and still have to clear out their base usually more than once to score.

I still think a better map than Sanc can be found relatively easily. I think Truth will slow down without GP/SC, albeit not a lot.

To be fair I am bias in that I think the movement in H5 makes the whole game bad as a Halo game. I admit it's not the worst CTF map I've played, but it is middle of the pack. It's also due to how often a team will get 4 dead, start running a flag, and still have to clear out their base usually more than once to score.

I still think a better map than Sanc can be found relatively easily. I think Truth will slow down without GP/SC, albeit not a lot.

Truuu

I think its pretty hard to say the pace is similar to older games unless you just mean overall travel time. The reason the cap is so hard to get is because flag at home to score is turned on and someone can straight sprint into your flag and leave with it after going 4 down. Flag stalemates then come into effect for literal minutes at a time sometimes to the point that the guy with the flag starts to get aggressive and pushes up to the 50 to help put down shots. If you bumped the respawn time up you'd fix some of that.

https://youtu.be/s5g8Gz4zh4Y?t=1

Its a great video people should watch it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What the fuck is this? Agreement? Get the fuck outta here and argue to the death.

@TheFirePrincess > @@TheIcePrincess change my mind

All Fathom CTF needs is 10 second respawns. If that makes caps too easy, then play to 5. #shitweknewin2015thatstillhasntbeenfixed

• Upvote (+1) 3

Day 3-

The fighting has calmed down. The rebellion has made significant headway whilst also effectively defending their positions. They seem incredibly determined to win the fight at any cost.

Recommendation: immediate cease of hostilities.

There really isn't an argument that you can make that says that CE's MP isn't the greatest in the series though. Not saying things can't change or shouldn't, but there really isn't much in the MP to change. Whereas in H3 there's a ton you can change to make it a better game.

The only people who say CE isn't the best MP are people who don't like how it plays or people who don't understand it. That's how I see it at least. And most of these people, much like yourself, started playing Halo during H3 and beyond. I feel the reason behind it is that you like the emphasis placed on teamwork(H3/Reach/5) more so than individual empowerment(CE/2).

motherfucker did you play reach v7 individual skill was an extremely beneficial component of that game. It wasn’t h3 where you needed to team shot non stop to get a Damn kill. Hell you could carry a team to victory in reach by yourself because of your skill. And you want to make a bet I can tell you what CE fucked up on? It’s not smooth, like at all. The animations and jumping are buggy as shit. The ce pistol if it had no spread would make every gun useless(and with nhe summer edition coming that’ll be the proof) the grenades are op as hell, and the only excuse for them being strong like that is powerful utility so it’s ok(that’s just bs). CE did not do everything right it’s just in your minds it did with no backing by any real evidence it’s just you say the words easy then call it fact.

Also to arglactable that assumption was from the numerous tournaments I have watched not clips on reddit.

I joined this forums since it’s a forum of halo fans who don’t like this sprint bullshit and spartan abilities. It just so happens it’s full of halo 1 diehards who created halo2sucks.com.

It’s loke no one here has a clue that their ideas suck and the majority wouldn’t like in halo since you’re doing what h5 did and make it too competitive(yes h5 is too competitive that game is no way a casual game whatsoever) . Know that the majority don’t see CE as the god of halo games. You are in a minority that’s a favt And part of the reason is because most have families probably, and don’t play video games like they used too.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Most people that still or will play halo came from the halo 3 generation, think for a second of what would work, not all this shit that you know for a fact won’t ever happen. Always seeing stupid shit like button combos pretending they’d be ok with gamers of this age

• Downvote (-1) 1

Most people that still or will play halo came from the halo 3 generation, think for a second of what would work, not all this shit that you know for a fact won’t ever happen. Always seeing stupid shit like button combos pretending they’d be ok with gamers of this age

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you being ageist against me? Wtf bro, that's fucked up. Us old people like combos too. I'm so offended right now I'm going to go chug a 7 and 7 take my fucking metamucil and go to bed.

not you specifically just tired of the fucks here acting like they’re the gods of halo knowledge when the majority looks at y’all like idiots.

Are you being ageist against me? Wtf bro, that's fucked up. Us old people like combos too. I'm so offended right now I'm going to go chug a 7 and 7 take my fucking metamucil and go to bed.

it’s only the old people who want button combos. It’s honestly is. I can already hear the arguments “this is a shooter not a fighting game”.

H3 was mostly br yet could easily be said for ce where the only map people didn’t use the OP pistol on was chill out

H3 was mostly br yet could easily be said for ce where the only map people didn’t use the OP pistol on was chill out

>OP pistol.

You're nuts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

it’s only the old people who want button combos. It’s honestly is. I can already hear the arguments “this is a shooter not a fighting game”.

ugh I don't have time to respond to your shenanagins rn, and I don't have time to explain why I don't have time, but I probably will tomorrow. Pistols at dawn muchachos!

>OP pistol.

You're nuts.

lol you won’t be saying that with the upcoming NHE v4 update. They removed the spread from the pistol and you will see just how op it is. I’ve seen how op it is with hitscan with spread, let’s see how op it is projectile without spread, on crappy movement mechanics. Seriously in this game it looks like you’re sliding.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ugh I don't have time to respond to your shenanagins rn, and I don't have time to explain why I don't have time, but I probably will tomorrow. Pistols at dawn muchachos!

I’ll be ready to post a counter argument to whatever bullshit you come up with.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Man, I was trying to be nice, how can you turn around and do me like that?

Yes an individual could carry a game in Reach V7, or Halo 3, or Halo 5, or even Halo 4. Montages wouldn't be cool if it wasn't possible to get disgusting clips. The issue is that it loses a bit of coolness when a lot of people can get similar clips. Getting a crossmap no scope was big deal in Halo 1, 2, or 3. In Reach it was cool but it wasn't major. In Halo 5 it's not worth recording. Yes one person can dominate, but it doesn't feel flashy anymore.

And yes, the game is old so animations are wonky, if the game came out today that would all be patched no doubt about it.

The pistol is strong, but spread is pretty minimal already. All of the relevant weapons will remain relevant. Good players will still usually drop their pistol and keep their AR for quick camo. Rockets will still be used. Plasma rifle will still be used for flanks. Sniper will still be used on hang em high and damnation. Nothing is going to change other than one out of one hundred fights won't be lost due to randomness.

No Halo 1 isn't perfect. I personally really enjoy it competitively for 2v2 but don't enjoy it competitively 4v4, goofing around in 4v4 is still a blast though. Other players on this board have said they disagreed with me, that's fine. Everybody here can find at least one thing they don't like about Halo 1 I can guarantee that.

Also most people don't care about Halo at all anymore. Even look at this forum, a lot of these people started following competitive Halo at Halo 4 or later. Soon Halo 3 will not be the "generational game" of people on the internet, it'll be Fortnite or PubG. So yes Halo 3 is the one in your circle, with the people you interact with, but that will fade in the same way people in my circles no longer think about Duke Nukem 3D like I do. Most of the new Halo players only know Halo for ability Halo, in the same way during Halo 3 there was a lot of players who thought of Halo as the button combo game. If you can fight for non-ability Halo, we should be able to fight for the Halo we enjoy most as well.

I'll make one last statement, and I honestly believe it's something that everybody on this forum values at least a bit and it's one reason why Halo 1 is so well respected. Out of all of the games, Halo 1 is one of the easiest to just jump in and play. There's a lot of goofy maps if you want to run around just for fun. There's not many weapons, and the timings for the weapons is easy to learn. The controls are easy, moving is literally just holding the direction you want to go, there's not a ton of "features" like sprint, clamber, prone, etc. You can teach somebody the basics very quickly, probably faster than any other Halo, and they can jump in and start having fun. But the twist is, Halo 1 has so many "rich" elements, more than any other Halo in my opinion. Learning the spawns makes the game ten times deeper, learning to nade weapons makes the game ten times deeper, learning predictive routes for randoms and getting as many powerups/weapons as possible makes the game ten times deeper. All of this sounds "easy" in theory, but some of this is still developing to this day and the game continues to grow in "richness". Halo 3 is also fairly easy to learn. But now you have four times the amount of weapons, equipment which is frustrating to play against, slow movement, confusing timing system for weapons, a starting weapon that sucks. But once you get past all of that, you're left with Halo 1 but with less "rich" elements to develop. You're left with a game that's fun, but it doesn't scratch the same itches that Halo 1 does.

• Upvote (+1) 9