CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

As I have said I just dont want them to leave you one shot. And I want lunge gone. And obviously nade hitmarkers gone too. A nade taking you to like half shields is still crazy strong and is still good at cleaning people up.

As I have said I just dont want them to leave you one shot. And I want lunge gone. And obviously nade hitmarkers gone too. A nade taking you to like half shields is still crazy strong and is still good at cleaning people up.

not only should grenades be strong, they should get rid of every weapon except grenades. Grenades are a real man's gun.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

ONE BULLET from the UTILITY WEAPON in CE takes half shields. Strong grenades aren’t a problem if every weapon in the sandbox is strong.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm still waiting for one post from you that demonstrates that you have functional knowledge of any topic whatsoever, but I suspect that I'll be waiting quite some time.

and apparently you do? I showed up here a couple months ago and most of the people commenting are 30 year olds who played h1 and 2 as teenagers(I’m 19 I played halo 2 but my real halo experience was h3 because I actually had a clue of what I was doing). I do have knowledge of what I’m talking about it’s just most of the disagreers here are CE die hards who dis anyone who dares say ce isn’t that great.

The melee system can’t be improved upon in a way that doesn’t upset the majority of the fan base. The only real change that needs to be done is like I said, decreased lunge and 50% damage than 100%. I personally find h3 the best halo and with many unique reasons. And to say something to the h3 was slow comment all they had to do was literally up the movement by 10%(mlg settings) and there faster paced game. And aiming horrible? Honestly the acceleration was not that bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

and apparently you do? I showed up here a couple months ago and most of the people commenting are 30 year olds who played h1 and 2 as teenagers(I’m 19 I played halo 2 but my real halo experience was h3 because I actually had a clue of what I was doing). I do have knowledge of what I’m talking about it’s just most of the disagreers here are CE die hards who dis anyone who dares say ce isn’t that great.

The melee system can’t be improved upon in a way that doesn’t upset the majority of the fan base. The only real change that needs to be done is like I said, decreased lunge and 50% damage than 100%. I personally find h3 the best halo and with many unique reasons. And to say something to the h3 was slow comment all they had to do was literally up the movement by 10%(mlg settings) and there faster paced game. And aiming horrible? Honestly the acceleration was not that bad.

Don't get me wrong, I think Arglactable's comment to you was unacceptable. But thought I'd make a slight correction to the changes MLG made. Part of it was base movement speed, but they also increased damage so you could do a two shot beatdown, making combat faster in close quarters.

I'm not a huge fan of Halo 3, I didn't really like the maps. But the game is fine mechanically if you use MLG settings in my opinion, even if I enjoy Halo 1 and 2 more. I seem to be in the minority where I preferred Reach maps (competitive only), but 90% of this forum disagrees with me.

If they gave you less aim assist in Reach I feel you could compare H3 and Reach V7 pretty closely. No complex mechanics in either, there's nothing "hidden" from a new player, you just play and pick up on smart pushes and spawn influence as you go, which I think sounds like a solid game. Even if it doesn't have the button combos of Halo 2 or the incredible 2v2s of Halo 1.

• Upvote (+1) 1

From what I understand halo 3 had more obj oriented maps but they all ended up in Slayer, so people would end up hating them.

ONE BULLET from the UTILITY WEAPON in CE takes half shields. Strong grenades aren’t a problem if every weapon in the sandbox is strong.

And this even further proves my point. Nades are just as lethal in every other game with guns that take like 4x longer to kill with.

I'm primarily referring to your assumption that you can make any useful observation about CS:GO with working knowledge seemingly gleaned from Twitch highlight clips on Reddit (at best), but your opinions about Halo certainly provide some useful context.

Don't get me wrong, I think Arglactable's comment to you was unacceptable.

lmao. UNACCEPTABRU. I have no respect for useless "observations" about CS from people who blatantly know next to nothing about that game. What kind of response do you think that deserved, exactly? Should I congratulate him for trying? Anyone who has spent more than 10 seconds at a time considering how competitive Counter-Strike functions could recognize that his comment was absurd. Not to mention the fact that I already explained the difference in some detail earlier in this very thread when I brought up the comparison.

How long do I need to humor confident ignorance to fulfill my acceptable internet adulting quota?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There really isn't an argument that you can make that says that CE's MP isn't the greatest in the series though. Not saying things can't change or shouldn't, but there really isn't much in the MP to change. Whereas in H3 there's a ton you can change to make it a better game.

The only people who say CE isn't the best MP are people who don't like how it plays or people who don't understand it. That's how I see it at least. And most of these people, much like yourself, started playing Halo during H3 and beyond. I feel the reason behind it is that you like the emphasis placed on teamwork(H3/Reach/5) more so than individual empowerment(CE/2).

From what I understand halo 3 had more obj oriented maps but they all ended up in Slayer, so people would end up hating them.

I could see that. I'll be honest, I didn't think about mentioning it but I haven't even played every gametype of the V8 settings, I quit long before so maybe they fixed them.

But thinking about the list of gametypes, you're right other than Heretic which was fine I guess, I didn't like slayer on any of the other maps. However I never played Amplified, I quit before any of the forge maps hit the rotation.

I didn't mind Guardian ball, flag was okay on Narrows and Pit but I wasn't a huge fan. I always hated Construct. The problem is I quit almost immediately, so I couldn't say exactly why I didn't like them, just that I remember not liking them.

I'm primarily referring to your assumption that you can make any useful observation about CS:GO with working knowledge seemingly gleaned from Twitch highlight clips on Reddit (at best), but your opinions about Halo certainly provide some useful context.

lmao. UNACCEPTABRU. I have no respect for useless "observations" about CS from people who blatantly know next to nothing about that game. What kind of response do you think that deserved, exactly? Should I congratulate him for trying? Anyone who has spent more than 10 seconds at a time considering how competitive Counter-Strike functions could recognize that his comment was absurd. Not to mention the fact that I already explained the difference in some detail earlier in this very thread when I brought up the comparison.

How long do I need to humor confident ignorance to fulfill my acceptable internet adulting quota?

If other people make fun of you when you make an opinion they feel is ridiculous, you call them out and say they're just stooping to insulting you. But when you make fun of people and get called out, the other person is just ignorant.

You make controversial statements on this forum more than most poaters I'd say, at least more than posters in threads I usually go to, which is fine. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, you've definitely helped broaden my opinion I won't deny it. But if somebody says your post is ridiculous, you challenge them to debate you instead of belittling your post. Fine, I'm with you. But somebody else makes a post you find ridiculous, and instead of continuing to debate him, ignoring him, or anything else you choose to attack. You're doing the thing you call others out for all the time, which is what I have an issue with.

• Upvote (+1) 5

There really isn't an argument that you can make that says that CE's MP isn't the greatest in the series though. Not saying things can't change or shouldn't, but there really isn't much in the MP to change. Whereas in H3 there's a ton you can change to make it a better game.

The only people who say CE isn't the best MP are people who don't like how it plays or people who don't understand it. That's how I see it at least. And most of these people, much like yourself, started playing Halo during H3 and beyond. I feel the reason behind it is that you like the emphasis placed on teamwork(H3/Reach/5) more so than individual empowerment(CE/2).

Putting H2 under empowerment instead of teamwork is hilarious seeing as its what started the super heavy teamshot meta on maps that emphasized that playstyle.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Putting H2 under empowerment instead of teamwork is hilarious seeing as its what started the super heavy teamshot meta on maps that emphasized that playstyle.

You were still more empowered as an individual with button combos more than any other Halo after that. Yeah it started in H2, but not to extent that it was on H3 and so on.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes, and one grenade is still outright stronger than it in the span of time it takes to use and will nuke you, lmao. Why a grenade should be anywhere near a utility weapon in terms of optimal strength is beyond me. Let alone the strongest one we've ever had, which makes nade spam the most obnoxious it'll ever be. I'd take Halo 5's over it.

And is Fathom really fine, or is it like the Haven effect in H4 where it was more popular than it would have been in other Halo games just because it was the least bad in a game?

Nah, given there are betters maps than Fathom, like Truth and Coli with CTF. The map's legitimately good, or "fine".

You were still more empowered as an individual with button combos more than any other Halo after that. Yeah it started in H2, but not to extent that it was on H3 and so on.

Its still waaaaaaay more teamshot oriented than CE and shares more similarities to the other games metas. And hell I would argue H5 is more individually empowering than H2.

Its still waaaaaaay more teamshot oriented than CE and shares more similarities to the other games metas. And hell I would argue H5 is more individually empowering than H2.

Educate me.

Educate me.

Uh all the abilities, the killtime of the pistol, the sheer amount of shit you can do with the mechanics lol. Oh and the mao design. Not nearly as open and power position heavy as H2.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If other people make fun of you when you make an opinion they feel is ridiculous, you call them out and say they're just stooping to insulting you. But when you make fun of people and get called out, the other person is just ignorant.

You make controversial statements on this forum more than most poaters I'd say, at least more than posters in threads I usually go to, which is fine. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, you've definitely helped broaden my opinion I won't deny it. But if somebody says your post is ridiculous, you challenge them to debate you instead of belittling your post. Fine, I'm with you. But somebody else makes a post you find ridiculous, and instead of continuing to debate him, ignoring him, or anything else you choose to attack. You're doing the thing you call others out for all the time, which is what I have an issue with.

I already explained IN DETAIL the topic he commented on and there is nothing to debate. He didn't articulate a coherent opinion. He made an observably inaccurate objective claim about a game he probably hasn't even played, let alone thought about for any significant period of time.

But sure, I guess that's exactly the same thing as me expressing my distaste for the extremely high impact of mechanics that don't require significant execution/precision or carry major risk and being met with incredulity that anyone could suggest significant changes to anything that has been around long enough to be "classic Halo."

I think there's a clear difference between saying "I don't like this and here's why" and saying "these two self-evidently different things are totally the same."

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes, and one grenade is still outright stronger than it in the span of time it takes to use and will nuke you, lmao. Why a grenade should be anywhere near a utility weapon in terms of optimal strength is beyond me. Let alone the strongest one we've ever had, which makes nade spam the most obnoxious it'll ever be. I'd take Halo 5's over it.

Nah, given there are betters maps than Fathom, like Truth and Coli with CTF. The map's legitimately good, or "fine".

It's below average at best. While it is still better than most slayers, people in comp Halo have a hard-on for slayer. If they can replace fathom with a map that is as good as, or better for CTF with it also playing slayer better than idfk Coli or Rig then get rid of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Uh all the abilities, the killtime of the pistol, the sheer amount of shit you can do with the mechanics lol. Oh and the mao design. Not nearly as open and power position heavy as H2.

Makes sense I guess.

It's below average at best. While it is still better than most slayers, people in comp Halo have a hard-on for slayer. If they can replace fathom with a map that is as good as, or better for CTF with it also playing slayer better than idfk Coli or Rig then get rid of it.

Slayer will always suck so setting the bar for "playing better Slayer" is kinda unreachable. You take what you get. Better CTF? There is literally no other map that will play it well that isn't there already, and it's not like we're getting new, good maps. And I can't wait for Sanc (Its replacement) to suck dick because older Halo maps don't work in newer sandboxes and games. If Haven didn't work in the transition to Halo 5, Sanc doesn't stand a chance.

Slayer will always suck so setting the bar for "playing better Slayer" is kinda unreachable. You take what you get. Better CTF? There is literally no other map that will play it well that isn't there already, and it's not like we're getting new, good maps. And I can't wait for Sanc (Its replacement) to suck dick because older Halo maps don't work in newer sandboxes and games. If Haven didn't work in the transition to Halo 5, Sanc doesn't stand a chance.

I think finding a replacement through forge is a better option than cutting it entirely. And I said if the map supported in addition to CTF that played better than current slayer maps, then that's more reason to get it in.

Fathom is the worst CTF map in Halo 5 by a mile. It'd be the worst of Adrift and a few others didn't exist. If an Obj map has to be replayed so much they come up with sudden death replay rules it's not a good map. And for the record Sanc CTF is overplayed, we're in need of a good map to replace it. But if Sanc CTF plays better than fathom I'll take the lesser of two evils.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think finding a replacement through forge is a better option than cutting it entirely. And I said if the map supported in addition to CTF that played better than current slayer maps, then that's more reason to get it in.

Fathom is the worst CTF map in Halo 5 by a mile. It'd be the worst of Adrift and a few others didn't exist. If an Obj map has to be replayed so much they come up with sudden death replay rules it's not a good map. And for the record Sanc CTF is overplayed, we're in need of a good map to replace it. But if Sanc CTF plays better than fathom I'll take the lesser of two evils.

Oh, entirely. I think Forge is definitely the way to go. 

And "worst CTF map" is kinda a poor moniker when there's three. Coli, Truth and Fathom. Fathom may be the arguable worst, but it's still not bad because it's in third place. And replaying alone doesn't make a map bad. Slowing the pace of a game down and forcing teams into stalemates is the lesser of multiple evils in CTF. Like again, Empire CTF's rapid fire runs through middle.

Truth could easily be argued as worse due to how easy it is to snowball on that map. And come on man we have been through this a million times replays happen because the OT rules are ass. Older halos ended tied after 15 minutes manyyyyyyyyyy times they just acyually had normal rules.
  • Upvote (+1) 1