CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I just realized we've never tried Halo where only sniper rifles can be descoped.

The sniper is the only weapon that actually needs a scope to begin with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully we never do.

I'm confused. Is it because you like how descope feels, or didn't like no descope when you had to deal with it on sniper rifles in Halo 4, or because you genuinely feel it lessens an important aspect of gunplay outside of that.

I'm not advocating for removing descope I just want to know if it's something people actually like.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we finally discuss taking dunking out of the NBA? As someone who can dunk I can tell you that it's way too easy of a way to score points. 3-pointers take skill. You get three'd on and you're like "damn, nice shot!", but if you get dunked on you're just like "wtf ever, that was easy points for you!".

Don't even get me started on the power plays in the NHL. Total crutch.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Can we finally discuss taking dunking out of the NBA? As someone who can dunk I can tell you that it's way too easy of a way to score points. 3-pointers take skill. You get three'd on and you're like "damn, nice shot!", but if you get dunked on you're just like "wtf ever, that was easy points for you!".

Don't even get me started on the power plays in the NHL. Total crutch.

Oh fuck can you imagine the absolute idiot that thought there should be a shot worth THREE points?!?!?!? I mean WHAT?!?!? Or any of those dumbasses that argued for more rules to be added???!? Like dude the rules needed to stay the same since it came out like you literally can't improve it. Lunatics out there man going and changing MY game the way I like it. Unreal.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Oh fuck can you imagine the absolute idiot that thought there should be a shot worth THREE points?!?!?!? I mean WHAT?!?!? Or any of those dumbasses that argued for more rules to be added???!? Like dude the rules needed to stay the same since it came out like you literally can't improve it. Lunatics out there man going and changing MY game the way I like it. Unreal.

Yeah totally dude. Rule changes can be really sweet, I agree! Member that time, in Baseball, where they removed foul balls? Who liked that shit? Oh, and don't forget about that time, in Cycling cmpetitions, where you could ride your motorcycle for awhile if you got too tired? Really made the sport more interesting.

Oh, and member when Shootmania Storm came out and EVERYBODY PLAYED THE SHIT OUT OF IT BECAUSE IT WAS THE BEST GAME EVER!!??

• Upvote (+1) 1

You say this, but Golden State makes me wonder sometimes if 3 pointers were a good idea...

The sniper is the only weapon that actually needs a scope to begin with.

besides the starting weapon

Yeah totally dude. Rule changes can be really sweet, I agree! Member that time, in Baseball, where they removed foul balls? Who liked that shit? Oh, and don't forget about that time, in Cycling cmpetitions, where you could ride your motorcycle for awhile if you got too tired? Really made the sport more interesting.

Oh, and member when Shootmania Storm came out and EVERYBODY PLAYED THE SHIT OUT OF IT BECAUSE IT WAS THE BEST GAME EVER!!??

Yea man keep going with the great logic. It's almost like changes can be good or bad no matter how ingrained something seems to be. Like uhhhh l we have literally seen over the course of our lifetimes? Not all changes are good and not all are bad. But yea keep shitting on people for an opinion that has reasoning behind it cuz you don't like it. That's cool too.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You say this, but Golden State makes me wonder sometimes if 3 pointers were a good idea...

And the best part is that at some point the rules can be re evaluated and readjusted if need be.

I'm confused. Is it because you like how descope feels, or didn't like no descope when you had to deal with it on sniper rifles in Halo 4, or because you genuinely feel it lessens an important aspect of gunplay outside of that.

I'm not advocating for removing descope I just want to know if it's something people actually like.

I like that if you get knocked out of scope, the main thing it does is it forces you to have less aim assist. Your shots still shoot straight, your reticule doesn't get moved off target, it just makes it harder to hit your next shot unless you can juke out a bullet or two and then scope back in. I enjoy that dynamic more than recoil which will force me to miss shots, especially since controllers are tough to control recoil with, losing aim assist feels like a better alternative on console even though it wouldn't make a huge difference on PC.

If Halo was moved to PC, I still don't think I'd like forced recoil but I'd be more willing to look at a solution other than descope.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remember, kids: you can't discuss significantly nerfing or removing mechanics that nerds on the internet have 100% arbitrarily decided are CORE PILLARS OF THE GAME'S IDENTITY. Only these newer things they don't like are allowed.

besides the starting weapon

What possible reason is there or has there ever been for a scope on the magnum/BR other than to separate medium/long range aim assist and close range/hip-fire aim assist? Maybe I'm just imagining a glorious PC future with no aim assist, but I really just want to hip fire with close and medium range weapons, because descope battles are fucking obnoxious.

Remember, kids: you can't discuss significantly nerfing or removing mechanics that nerds on the internet have 100% arbitrarily decided are CORE PILLARS OF THE GAME'S IDENTITY. Only these newer things they don't like are allowed.

What possible reason is there or has there ever been for a scope on the magnum/BR other than to separate medium/long range aim assist and close range/hip-fire aim assist? Maybe I'm just imagining a glorious PC future with no aim assist, but I really just want to hip fire with close and medium range weapons, because descope battles are fucking obnoxious.

I think halo 3 is a good reason why a starting gun without much capability at range doesn't work. Zooming helps fix this. Especially if there's a sniper.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Yea man keep going with the great logic. It's almost like changes can be good or bad no matter how ingrained something seems to be. Like uhhhh l we have literally seen over the course of our lifetimes? Not all changes are good and not all are bad. But yea keep shitting on people for an opinion that has reasoning behind it cuz you don't like it. That's cool too.

Reasoning behind removing melees, grenades, scoping, powerups, and power weapons?

I'm at a loss for words man. I don't think I'll be coming to this site anymore. The competitive community is discussing removing grenades from Halo. I never thought I'd see the day.

Good luck 343i, you're gonna need it.

Edit: Who here played Shootmania Storm? Is that what you want Halo to look like?

Reasoning behind removing melees, grenades, scoping, powerups, and power weapons?

I'm at a loss for words man. I don't think I'll be coming to this site anymore. The competitive community is discussing removing grenades from Halo. I never thought I'd see the day.

Edit: Who here played Shootmania Storm? Is that what you want Halo to look like?

Dude it's just people's opinion relax lmao.

Most people here don't even support it. Hell im only really half way on board. Stop going nuclear.

An entirety of like 2 people are arguing for that. Everyone else is humoring them because there is absolutely nothing else to discuss.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think halo 3 is a good reason why a starting gun without much capability at range doesn't work. Zooming helps fix this. Especially if there's a sniper.

Halo 3's biggest problem is that your bullets don't actually go where you aim, plus a projectile model, plus poverty netcode. If your bullets consistently went directly to the center of the reticle, why wouldn't it be effective at range? It would be harder to use, yes (a positive, imo), but the main thing it needs to do to contest a sniper is land a single bullet anywhere to descope it.

An entirety of like 2 people are arguing for that. Everyone else is humoring them because there is absolutely nothing else to discuss.

I love how casually patronizing this summary is.

I love how casually patronizing this summary is.

Sorry sir your IQ must be this high to enjoy the easy mode implimentation of melee and nades that halo has had for years now. You will shut your mouth and not criticize the pillars of the game.

I like that if you get knocked out of scope, the main thing it does is it forces you to have less aim assist. Your shots still shoot straight, your reticule doesn't get moved off target, it just makes it harder to hit your next shot unless you can juke out a bullet or two and then scope back in. I enjoy that dynamic more than recoil which will force me to miss shots, especially since controllers are tough to control recoil with, losing aim assist feels like a better alternative on console even though it wouldn't make a huge difference on PC.

If Halo was moved to PC, I still don't think I'd like forced recoil but I'd be more willing to look at a solution other than descope.

I guess there's that. There's always recoil we could have to deal with instead, which never translates well to console.

Sorry sir your IQ must be this high to enjoy the easy mode implimentation of melee and nades that halo has had for years now. You will shut your mouth and not criticize the pillars of the game.

sorry my bad

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not like you ever legitimately discussed what people like arglactable, my namez beast, or others were arguing against these mechanics, and instead resorted to obnoxious hyperbole and flaming for these people possessing different opinions. You’ve become a meme at this point within the site.

Halo 3's biggest problem is that your bullets don't actually go where you aim, plus a projectile model, plus poverty netcode. If your bullets consistently went directly to the center of the reticle, why wouldn't it be effective at range? It would be harder to use, yes (a positive, imo), but the main thing it needs to do to contest a sniper is land a single bullet anywhere to descope it.

I agree that those are it's biggest issues, but I'm pretty sure the first bullet was consistently close to center everytime. At least in lan, we'd actually be able to test this. I'd be willing to see if it's really a necessary mechanic if that were then the case though I'm skeptical of how practical it is to contest at range given that you now have a significantly reduced ability to see what you're shooting at.

Oh hey would ya look at that. I disagree but I'm willing to try out what arg is suggesting. Funny that...

You need to chill out. A lot. It's word on the internet about a game franchise. Calm down a tad. Even so, the competitive community hates Fathom CTF and are wanting it removed, the "competitive" community was a joke already, lmao. 

Tbf Fathom CTF and Empire Strongholds are hot garbage

• Upvote (+1) 2