CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If anyone has a clip of them using the "Strength" armor mod in Warzone and one-hitting people with Spartan Charge, I would very much like to use it for a parody video I'm working on. The cheesier the better.

Mostly I just don't want to have to play Warzone to get the footage, so any help would be appreciated.

Is it normally a one hit kill? I tried doing it two different times and it only got them to no shields. I didn't try it with speed boost or anything else since I couldn't really test it much because my team wasn't good and it was hard moving around the map. I agree with not wanting to play it. That was my first time playing it in a very long time and it wasn't fun.

If the next Halo is actually a reboot I will laugh myself into the hospital.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If the next Halo is actually a reboot I will laugh myself into the hospital.

It the best thing we can hope for though. The story is a mess, they have tied their cancer abilities to the lore, the art style is terrible etc. Without a severe retcon or a reboot the franchise will continue to suck.

• Upvote (+1) 8

It the best thing we can hope for though. The story is a mess, they have tied their cancer abilities to the lore, the art style is terrible etc. Without a severe retcon or a reboot the franchise will continue to suck.

The EMP Cortana released across the galaxy at the end of Halo 5 is a good platform for a reboot regarding all the new Spartan Ability tech.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The EMP Cortana released across the galaxy at the end of Halo 5 is a good platform for a reboot regarding all the new Spartan Ability tech.

Hmm, interesting. You might be on to something there. (Hopefully)

Is it normally a one hit kill? I tried doing it two different times and it only got them to no shields. I didn't try it with speed boost or anything else since I couldn't really test it much because my team wasn't good and it was hard moving around the map. I agree with not wanting to play it. That was my first time playing it in a very long time and it wasn't fun.

I had assumed wrong. It’s not OHK. I think it just kills from slightly fuller shields, but the range buff is INSANE. I ended up getting a bunch of my own anyways. It’s a joke and it’s perfect for the tone of the vid.

Honestly they don't need to do any of that. If they simply make everything not suck like 5 whole people might complain about something to do with lore or not fitting with H5. The rest of us will happily be playing a game that actually doesn't blow

• Upvote (+1) 4

Zooming in with sword and hammer is the dumbest shit I've ever seen in a Halo game.

I think I'd still go with H4 scrapping descope as the dumbest thing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think I'd still go with H4 scrapping descope as the dumbest thing.

Worse than flinch? or random weapon drops? or Promethean Vision? or pocket-shotgun? Loadouts? AA's?

IDK, thats a hard list to rank haha

• Upvote (+1) 9

Worse than flinch? or random weapon drops? or Promethean Vision? or pocket-shotgun? Loadouts? AA's?

*brain explodes*

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly they don't need to do any of that. If they simply make everything not suck like 5 whole people might complain about something to do with lore or not fitting with H5. The rest of us will happily be playing a game that actually doesn't blow

True, I agree. They did the same thing from H4 to H5 basically. Or H3 to H4 for that matter. Lore kids didn't bat an eye when the chief suddenly had AAs and could sprint after waking up out of cryosleep.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ok, I think removing power weapons from the map and replacing them with personal ordinance and random weapon drops is actually the dumbest thing, but hammer/sword zoom might be the most unintuitive thing I’ve had to learn in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

plz stop

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't disagree. It's just... man, that would put me in stitches. That would be throwing in the towel essentially. A full-blown surrender. Like, you've botched Halo and you'd be admitting this in one of the most embarrassing ways possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't disagree. It's just... man, that would put me in stitches. That would be throwing in the towel essentially. A full-blown surrender. Like, you've botched Halo and you'd be admitting this in one of the most embarrassing ways possible.

So what? Pride will get them no where.

When your options are 1) admit you’re wrong and start to do better or 2) continue to die a slow painful death, the choice should be clear.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ok, I think removing power weapons from the map and replacing them with personal ordinance and random weapon drops is actually the dumbest thing, but hammer/sword zoom might be the most unintuitive thing I’ve had to learn in Halo.

That's impossible, how else are you supposed to be immersed without ADS on melee weapons?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eh. Ranked play and Arena as a whole isn't where it should/could be.

Certainly not but it's the first substantive structural changes we have seen basically since they added social offerings in the first place.

Hopefully combining HCS and TA will be next.

Certainly not but it's the first substantive structural changes we have seen basically since they added social offerings in the first place.

Hopefully combining HCS and TA will be next.

I'd like to see TA become social Team Objective playlist (removing slayer as it is available in Quickplay/Ranked Slayer) and have HCS highlighted as the main Ranked team playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like to see TA become social Team Objective playlist (removing slayer as it is available in Quickplay/Ranked Slayer) and have HCS highlighted as the main Ranked team playlist.

Same but I would change the name of HCS to team arena. The HCS name alone will turn off more casual players, but Team Arena name won't turn off competitive players. I would also stock the playlist with the current slate of competition gametypes, a bunch of "competition ready" ones and 2 or 3 experimental potential future gametypes. It doesn't need to only contain what is currently on the circuit.

Then they could restore the Social Skirmish list.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Same but I would change the name of HCS to team arena. The HCS name alone will turn off more casual players, but Team Arena name won't turn off competitive players. I would also stock the playlist with the current slate of competition gametypes, a bunch of "competition ready" ones and 2 or 3 experimental potential future gametypes. It doesn't need to only contain what is currently on the circuit.

Then they could restore the Social Skirmish list.

Social Skirmish would be a good rotational - I'd be amazed if it was ever popular enough to be kept as a permanent list.

Social Skirmish would be a good rotational - I'd be amazed if it was ever popular enough to be kept as a permanent list.

That's because the rest of matchmaking was a mess and didn't compliment it, and it had things like Coliseum Strongholds and other random fluff.

• Upvote (+1) 2