CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Nah man, we got the Master Chief Collection. It's Halo exactly like you remember it.

It's exactly the kinda of Halo I remember coming from 343 you mean.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

And so it begins. Dev's chasing that Battle Royale money.  Definitely expecting it from Halo now.

Do none of these devs/publishers realise they can't compete with the current market? Fortnite already controls the market and its free. No $60 AAA Title is going to get anywhere close to actually competing with Fortnite. Alas, gotta chase trends instead of making a good game.

Fuck 2018 video games. Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 are backwards compatible next week so I'm going to go back to playing video games where the focus was making a good damn video game instead of doing the bare minimum to make money.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I was wondering what took so long for Menke’s party size factor to be implemented. I didn’t realize it was needed to be a part of MS’ TrueSkill service.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And so it begins. Dev's chasing that Battle Royale money. Definitely expecting it from Halo now.

Do none of these devs/publishers realise they can't compete with the current market? Fortnite already controls the market and its free. No $60 AAA Title is going to get anywhere close to actually competing with Fortnite. Alas, gotta chase trends instead of making a good game.

As long as it's its own mode I don't care at this point.

Fuck 2018 video games. Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 are backwards compatible next week so I'm going to go back to playing video games where the focus was making a good damn video game instead of doing the bare minimum to make money.

Lmao you act like there weren't greedy fucks back then.

And so it begins. Dev's chasing that Battle Royale money.  Definitely expecting it from Halo now.

CoD and Battlefield are the only two IP's that can charge $60 for a Battle Royale game and still hold their own.

Yes, Fortnite controls the market right now but there's still an opening for a FPS BR game. PUBG's relevance hangs on it being modern and in first-person though if another similar game like that is made and it's polished like a Battlefield or CoD game would be, PUBG might as well throw in the white towel since they'll have no 'exclusive' hook left.

The BR cash cow can be shared between Fortnite and a military FPS game that's polished though that battle will likely be CoD vs. Battlefield and Battlefield has the upper hand since DICE has more experience with large maps with land and aerial vehicles.

• Upvote (+1) 3

A Battlefield BR would be a no brainer really.  The game's weapon design, player counts, and maps are already well suited for it, and the franchise is already known for a similar enough style of play.  And since they just released a classic-style game it gives them room to breath for a spin off.

Lmao you act like there weren't greedy fucks back then.

Difference is greedy fucks didn't control most of the industry like they do now. 

In 2006, direct buying horse armor for $2 was considered unacceptable.

In 2018, that's extremely tame compared to paying $20 in lootboxes until you finally get that same horse armor.  Or in Fortnite's case, direct buying that horse armor for $15...

• Upvote (+1) 2

A Battlefield BR would be a no brainer really.  The game's weapon design, player counts, and maps are already well suited for it, and the franchise is already known for a similar enough style of play.  And since they just released a classic-style game it gives them room to breath for a spin off.

Difference is greedy fucks didn't control most of the industry like they do now. 

In 2006, direct buying horse armor for $2 was considered unacceptable.

In 2018, that's extremely tame compared to paying $20 in lootboxes until you finally get that same horse armor.  Or in Fortnite's case, direct buying that horse armor for $15...

Meh, I will say that the gaming industry has always had this problem, they've just been different topics.

• In 2004 when Steam made Half-Life 2 exclusive to their DRM service, that practice was unheard and generated a lot of controversy. Now it's the norm.
  • In 2006, Horse Armor released and was made into a joke with how scummy it was. Now it's the norm.
  • In 2008, EA included Day-1 DLC to Battlefield: Bad Company. It caused SarcasticGamer.com to boycott the game and it's still one of the, if not the most, successful boycott in the gaming community. EA caved and included the Day-1 DLC as a free download. Now it's the norm.
  • In 2013, DayZ released their game in "Early Access", striking up controversy on selling an incomplete game with only promises. Now it's the norm for indie studios.
  • Now the same is happening for cosmetics being omitted out of games and being sold separately.

There's always going to be something and it's only going to get worst and worst for the consumer. Long gone are the days where you can just buy a game and enjoy it to its full extent. I had fun with Quake 3: Arena, Battlefield 1942, and Halo 2 & 3 with my friends before being suckered into this bullshit that's everywhere now, so I got my fun out of it. Sucks for everyone else lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Make it the H4 AR. Bam

It's really that easy haha.

How would ya'll fix the H5 AR

Copy and paste H4 or H2A AR, add quick camo capability from H1.

Edit: lol late to the party I see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ADS confuses me because after all the Lore/MP tie ins 343 have been doing, Smart Scope is a technological step back from what was previously used in other games. In Halo CE-4 the scope was directly linked to the HUD, but in Halo 5 the guns have sights on them now and aren't directly integrated into the helmet.

@@Deez

I find these numbers hard to believe. There's no way there are actually that many people still playing Halo 5, because if there were 343 wouldn't be so damn hesitant to give us actual population numbers.

Thats believable.  That's total per season and between 40 - 80ish percent of players don't even finish their placement matches. Plus smurfs. So yeah, i'm sure those are right, but they still aren't great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No dude, if a player hits the zoom button and nothing happens he/she will become bewildered, and may start to look for another game to play. This way, the players feels calm, collected, and confident that he/she will not have to worry about the game causing them any stress, and they will be willing to spend more money on REQs knowing they are safe from any confusing weapons.

MaYbE DoNt GiVe ZoOm To EvErY wEaPoN

Been a couple years since i even signed into this site but I can't bring myself to play Halo 5 for more than a match at best. And rarely ever feel like even turning it on. My halobox has become a paperweight. I hope Halo 6 gives me the motivation to come back here and be passionate about Halo again. Hope to see y'all in a few months  :prayers:​ 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anyone has a clip of them using the "Strength" armor mod in Warzone and one-hitting people with Spartan Charge, I would very much like to use it for a parody video I'm working on. The cheesier the better.

Mostly I just don't want to have to play Warzone to get the footage, so any help would be appreciated.

Been a couple years since i even signed into this site but I can't bring myself to play Halo 5 for more than a match at best. And rarely ever feel like even turning it on. My halobox has become a paperweight. I hope Halo 6 gives me the motivation to come back here and be passionate about Halo again. Hope to see y'all in a few months :prayers:

You should try Halo Online. That shit is so fun. Good enough for me to put aside the trainwreck that is MCC

I regret replying to someone on twitter about classic vs new halo. If I hear classic halo is slow again I will lose my mind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I regret replying to someone on twitter about classic vs new halo. If I hear classic halo is slow again I will lose my mind.

If I hear "I want to feel like a Spartan" again, I'm going to lose my mind. Play campaign if you want to feel like an invincible super soldier, that's what its there for.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1